- Новоутворення матки. Клінічне керівництво в онкології. Версія 1.2018
Новоутворення матки. Клінічне керівництво в онкології. Версія 1.2018
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.2(128):118–129
Wui-Jin Koh, MD; Nadeem R. Abu-Rustum, MD; Sarah Bean, MD; Kristin Bradley, MD; Susana M. Campos, MD, MPH, MS; Kathleen R. Cho, MD; Hye Sook Chon, MD; Christina Chu, MD; David Cohn, MD; Marta Ann Crispens, MD; Shari Damast, MD; Oliver Dorigo, MD, PhD; Patricia J. Eifel, MD; Christine M. Fisher, MD, MPH; Peter Frederick, MD; David K. Gaffney, MD, PhD; Suzanne George, MD; Ernest Han, MD, PhD; Susan Higgins, MD; Warner K. Huh, MD; John R. Lurain III, MD; Andrea Mariani, MD; David Mutch, MD; Christa Nagel, MD; Larissa Nekhlyudov, MD, MPH; Amanda Nickles Fader, MD; Steven W. Remmenga, MD; R. Kevin Reynolds, MD; Todd Tillmanns, MD; Stefanie Ueda, MD; Emily Wyse; Catheryn M. Yashar, MD; Nicole R. McMillian, MS; and Jillian L. Scavone, PhD
JNCN–Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network | Volume16 Number2 | February 2018
Ці рекомендації також доступні в Інтернеті.
Для отримання останнього оновлення відвідайте сайт NCCN.org
Адаптовано – С.О. Шурпяк
1. Siegel RL, Miller KD, Jemal A. Cancer Statistics, 2017. CA Cancer J Clin 2017;67:7–30.
2. D’Angelo E, Prat J. Uterine sarcomas: a review. Gynecol Oncol 2010;116:131–139.
3. Siegel RL, Miller KD, Jemal A. Cancer statistics, 2016. CA Cancer J Clin 2016;66:7–30.
4. Van den Bosch T, Coosemans A, Morina M, et al. Screening for uterine tumours. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2012;26:257–266.
5. Kitchener HC, Trimble EL. Endometrial cancer state of the science meeting. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2009;19:134–140.
6. Dinkelspiel HE, Wright JD, Lewin SN, Herzog TJ. Contemporary clinical management of endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol Int 2013;2013:583891.
7. Obermair A, Youlden DR, Young JP, et al. Risk of endometrial cancer for women diagnosed with HNPCC-related colorectal carcinoma. Int J Cancer 2010;127:2678–2684.
8. Ueda SM, Kapp DS, Cheung MK, et al. Trends in demographic and clinical characteristics in women diagnosed with corpus cancer and their potential impact on the increasing number of deaths. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;198:218 e211–e216.
9. Chan JK, Sherman AE, Kapp DS, et al. In uence of gynecologic oncologists on the survival of patients with endometrial cancer. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:832–838.
10. Benedetti Panici P, Basile S, Salerno MG, et al. Secondary analyses from a randomized clinical trial: age as the key prognostic factor in endometrial carcinoma. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2014;210:363.e1–363.e10.
11. Doll KM, Tseng J, Denslow SA, et al. High-grade endometrial cancer: revisiting the impact of tumor size and location on outcomes. Gynecol Oncol 2014;132:44–49.
12. Resnick KE, Hampel H, Fishel R, Cohn DE. Current and emerging trends in Lynch syndrome identi cation in women with endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 2009;114:128–134.
13. Kwon JS, Scott JL, Gilks CB, et al. Testing women with endometrial cancer to detect Lynch syndrome. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:2247–2252.
14. Buchanan DD, Tan YY, Walsh MD, et al. Tumor mismatch repair immunohistochemistry and DNA MLH1 methylation testing of patients with endometrial cancer diagnosed at age younger than 60 years optimizes triage for population-level germline mismatch repair gene mutation testing. J Clin Oncol 2014;32:90–100.
15. Ferguson SE, Aronson M, Pollett A, et al. Performance characteristics of screening strategies for Lynch syndrome in unselected women with newly diagnosed endometrial cancer who have undergone universal germline mutation testing. Cancer 2014;120:3932–3939.
16. Goodfellow PJ, Billingsley CC, Lankes HA, et al. Combined Microsatellite Instability, MLH1 Methylation Analysis, and Immunohistochemistry for Lynch Syndrome Screening in Endometrial Cancers From GOG210: An NRG Oncology and Gynecologic Oncology Group Study. J Clin Oncol 2015;33:4301–4308.
17. Watkins JC, Yang EJ, Muto MG, et al. Universal screening for mismatch- repair de ciency in endometrial cancers to identify patients with Lynch syndrome and Lynch-like syndrome. Int J Gynecol Pathol 2017;36:115– 127.
18. Mills AM, Liou S, Ford JM, et al. Lynch syndrome screening should be considered for all patients with newly diagnosed endometrial cancer. Am J Surg Pathol 2014;38:1501–1509.
19. Smith RA, Cokkinides V, Brawley OW. Cancer screening in the United States, 2012: a review of current American Cancer Society guidelines and current issues in cancer screening. CA Cancer J Clin 2012;62:129–142.
20. Crispens MA. Endometrial and ovarian cancer in lynch syndrome. Clin Colon Rectal Surg 2012;25:97–102.
21. Manchanda R, Saridogan E, Abdelraheim A, et al. Annual outpatient hysteroscopy and endometrial sampling (OHES) in HNPCC/Lynch syndrome (LS). Arch Gynecol Obstet 2012;286:1555–1562.
22. Meyer LA, Broaddus RR, Lu KH. Endometrial cancer and Lynch syndrome: clinical and pathologic considerations. Cancer Control 2009;16:14–22.
23. Jarvinen HJ, Renkonen-Sinisalo L, Aktan-Collan K, et al. Ten years after mutation testing for Lynch syndrome: cancer incidence and outcome in mutation-positive and mutation-negative family members. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:4793–4797.
24. Schmeler KM, Lynch HT, Chen LM, et al. Prophylactic surgery to reduce the risk of gynecologic cancers in the Lynch syndrome. N Engl J Med 2006;354:261–269.
25. McCluggage WG. My approach to the interpretation of endometrial biopsies and curettings. J Clin Pathol 2006;59:801–812.
26. McKenney JK, Longacre TA. Low-grade endometrial adenocarcinoma: a diagnostic algorithm for distinguishing atypical endometrial hyperplasia and other benign (and malignant) mimics. Adv Anat Pathol 2009;16:1– 22.
27. Leitao MM, Jr., Kehoe S, Barakat RR, et al. Comparison of D&C and of ce endometrial biopsy accuracy in patients with FIGO grade 1 endometrial adenocarcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 2009;113:105–108.
28. Gimpelson RJ, Rappold HO. A comparative study between panoramic hysteroscopy with directed biopsies and dilatation and curettage. a review of 276 cases. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1988;158:489–492.
29. Lee JH, Dubinsky T, Andreotti RF, et al. ACR appropriateness criteria(R) pretreatment evaluation and follow-up of endometrial cancer of the uterus. Ultrasound Q 2011;27:139–145.
30. Ortashi O, Jain S, Emannuel O, et al. Evaluation of the sensitivity, speci city, positive and negative predictive values of preoperative magnetic resonance imaging for staging endometrial cancer. A prospective study of 100 cases at the Dorset Cancer Centre. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2008;137:232–235.
31. Crivellaro C, Signorelli M, Guerra L, et al. Tailoring systematic lymphadenectomy in high-risk clinical early stage endometrial cancer: the role of 18F-FDG PET/CT. Gynecol Oncol 2013;130:306–311.
32. Kitajima K, Suzuki K, Senda M, et al. Preoperative nodal staging of uterine cancer: is contrast-enhanced PET/CT more accurate than non-enhanced PET/CT or enhanced CT alone? Ann Nucl Med 2011;25:511–519.
33. Antonsen SL, Jensen LN, Loft A, et al. MRI, PET/CT and ultrasound in the preoperative staging of endometrial cancer – a multicenter prospective comparative study. Gynecol Oncol 2013;128:300–308.
34. Bollineni VR, Ytre-Hauge S, Bollineni-Balabay O, et al. High diagnostic value of 18F-FDG PET/CT in endometrial cancer: systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature. J Nucl Med 2016;57:879–885.
35. Duk JM, Aalders JG, Fleuren GJ, de Bruijn HW. CA 125: a useful marker in endometrial carcinoma. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1986;155:1097–1102.
36. Duk JM, Aalders JG, Fleuren GJ, et al. Tumor markers CA 125, squamous cell carcinoma antigen, and carcinoembryonic antigen in patients with adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix. Obstet Gynecol 1989;73:661–668.
37. Patsner B, Orr JW, Jr., Mann WJ, Jr. Use of serum CA 125 measurement in posttreatment surveillance of early-stage endometrial carcinoma. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1990;162:427–429.
38. Rose PG, Sommers RM, Reale FR, et al. Serial serum CA 125 measurements for evaluation of recurrence in patients with endometrial carcinoma. Obstet Gynecol 1994;84:12–16.
39. Price FV, Chambers SK, Carcangiu ML, et al. CA 125 may not re ect disease status in patients with uterine serous carcinoma. Cancer 1998;82:1720–1725.
40. Leslie KK, Thiel KW, Goodheart MJ, et al. Endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 2012;39:255–268.
41. Smith RA, Brooks D, Cokkinides V, et al. Cancer screening in the United States, 2013: a review of current American Cancer Society guidelines, current issues in cancer screening, and new guidance on cervical cancer screening and lung cancer screening. CA Cancer J Clin 2013;63:88–105.
42. Boronow RC, Morrow CP, Creasman WT, et al. Surgical staging in endometrial cancer: clinical-pathologic ndings of a prospective study. Obstet Gynecol 1984;63:825–832.
43. Cowles TA, Magrina JF, Masterson BJ, Capen CV. Comparison of clinical and surgical-staging in patients with endometrial carcinoma. Obstet Gynecol 1985;66:413–416.
44. Creasman WT, Morrow CP, Bundy BN, et al. Surgical pathologic spread patterns of endometrial cancer. A Gynecologic Oncology Group Study. Cancer 1987;60:2035–2041.
45. Benedet JL, Bender H, Jones H, et al. FIGO staging classi cations and clinical practice guidelines in the management of gynecologic cancers. FIGO Committee on Gynecologic Oncology. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2000;70:209–262.
46. Wright JD, Barrena Medel NI, Sehouli J, et al. Contemporary management of endometrial cancer. Lancet 2012;379:1352–1360.
47. Pecorelli S. Revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the vulva, cervix, and endometrium. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2009;105:103–104.
48. Creasman W. Revised FIGO staging for carcinoma of the endometrium. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2009;105:109.
49. Mariani A, Dowdy SC, Podratz KC. New surgical staging of endometrial cancer: 20 years later. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2009;105:110–111.
50. Amin MB, Edge SB, Greene FL, et al. AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, 8th edition. New York: Springer; 2017.
51. Wethington SL, Barrena Medel NI, Wright JD, Herzog TJ. Prognostic signi cance and treatment implications of positive peritoneal cytology in endometrial adenocarcinoma: Unraveling a mystery. Gynecol Oncol 2009;115:18–25.
52. Takeshima N, Nishida H, Tabata T, et al. Positive peritoneal cytology in endometrial cancer: enhancement of other prognostic indicators. Gynecol Oncol 2001;82:470–473.
53. Goff BA, Rice LW. Assessment of depth of myometrial invasion in endometrial adenocarcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 1990;38:46–48.
54. Daniel AG, Peters WA, 3rd. Accuracy of of ce and operating room curettage in the grading of endometrial carcinoma. Obstet Gynecol 1988;71:612–614.
55. Soliman PT, Frumovitz M, Spannuth W, et al. Lymphadenectomy during endometrial cancer staging: practice patterns among gynecologic oncologists. Gynecol Oncol 2010;119:291–294.
56. Kumar S, Mariani A, Bakkum-Gamez JN, et al. Risk factors that mitigate the role of paraaortic lymphadenectomy in uterine endometrioid cancer. Gynecol Oncol 2013;130:441–445.
57. Kilgore LC, Partridge EE, Alvarez RD, et al. Adenocarcinoma of the endometrium: survival comparisons of patients with and without pelvic node sampling. Gynecol Oncol 1995;56:29–33.
58. Havrilesky LJ, Cragun JM, Calingaert B, et al. Resection of lymph node metastases in uences survival in stage IIIC endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 2005;99:689–695.
59. Todo Y, Kato H, Kaneuchi M, et al. Survival effect of para-aortic lymphadenectomy in endometrial cancer (SEPAL study): a retrospective cohort analysis. Lancet 2010;375:1165–1172.
60. Kitchener H, Swart AM, Qian Q, et al. Ef cacy of systematic pelvic lymphadenectomy in endometrial cancer (MRC ASTEC trial): a randomised study. Lancet 2009;373:125–136.
61. Benedetti Panici P, Basile S, Maneschi F, et al. Systematic pelvic lymphadenectomy vs. no lymphadenectomy in early-stage endometrial carcinoma: randomized clinical trial. J Natl Cancer Inst 2008;100:1707– 1716.
62. ACOG practice bulletin, clinical management guidelines for obstetrician- gynecologists, number 65, August 2005: management of endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol 2005;106:413–425.
63. Seamon LG, Fowler JM, Cohn DE. Lymphadenectomy for endometrial cancer: the controversy. Gynecol Oncol 2010;117:6–8.
64. Creasman WT, Mutch DE, Herzog TJ. ASTEC lymphadenectomy and radiation therapy studies: are conclusions valid? Gynecol Oncol 2010;116:293–294.
65. Uccella S, Podratz KC, Aletti GD, Mariani A. Lymphadenectomy in endometrial cancer. Lancet 2009;373:1170; author reply 1170–1171.
66. Uccella S, Podratz KC, Aletti GD, Mariani A. Re: Systematic pelvic lymphadenectomy vs no lymphadenectomy in early-stage endometrial carcinoma: randomized clinical trial. J Natl Cancer Inst 2009;101:897– 898; author reply 898–899.
67. Milam MR, Java J, Walker JL, et al. Nodal metastasis risk in endometrioid endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol 2012;119:286–292.
68. Neubauer NL, Lurain JR. The role of lymphadenectomy in surgical staging of endometrial cancer. Int J Surg Oncol 2011;2011:814649.
69. Mariani A, Dowdy SC, Cliby WA, et al. Prospective assessment of lymphatic dissemination in endometrial cancer: a paradigm shift in surgical staging. Gynecol Oncol 2008;109:11–18.
70. Hirahatake K, Hareyama H, Sakuragi N, et al. A clinical and pathologic study on para-aortic lymph node metastasis in endometrial carcinoma. J Surg Oncol 1997;65:82–87.
71. Frederick PJ, Straughn JM, Jr. The role of comprehensive surgical staging in patients with endometrial cancer. Cancer Control 2009;16:23–29.
72. Barlin JN, Khoury-Collado F, Kim CH, et al. The importance of applying a sentinel lymph node mapping algorithm in endometrial cancer staging: beyond removal of blue nodes. Gynecol Oncol 2012;125:531–535.
73. Ballester M, Koskas M, Coutant C, et al. Does the use of the 2009 FIGO classi cation of endometrial cancer impact on indications of the sentinel node biopsy? BMC Cancer 2010;10:465.
74. How J, Lau S, Press J, et al. Accuracy of sentinel lymph node detection following intra-operative cervical injection for endometrial cancer: a prospective study. Gynecol Oncol 2012;127:332–337.
75. Khoury-Collado F, Murray MP, Hensley ML, et al. Sentinel lymph node mapping for endometrial cancer improves the detection of metastatic disease to regional lymph nodes. Gynecol Oncol 2011;122:251–254.
76. Holloway RW, Abu-Rustum NR, Backes FJ, et al. Sentinel lymph node mapping and staging in endometrial cancer: A Society of Gynecologic Oncology literature review with consensus recommendations. Gynecol Oncol 2017;146:405–415.
77. Vidal F, Leguevaque P, Motton S, et al. Evaluation of the sentinel lymph node algorithm with blue dye labeling for early-stage endometrial cancer in a multicentric setting. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2013;23:1237–1243.
78. Kim CH, Khoury-Collado F, Barber EL, et al. Sentinel lymph node mapping with pathologic ultrastaging: A valuable tool for assessing nodal metastasis in low-grade endometrial cancer with super cial myoinvasion. Gynecol Oncol 2013.
79. Group SGOCPECW, Burke WM, Orr J, et al. Endometrial cancer: a review and current management strategies: part I. Gynecol Oncol 2014;134:385– 392.
80. Soliman PT, Westin SN, Dioun S, et al. A prospective validation study of sentinel lymph node mapping for high-risk endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 2017;146:234–239.
81. Abu-Rustum NR, Khoury-Collado F, Pandit-Taskar N, et al. Sentinel lymph node mapping for grade 1 endometrial cancer: is it the answer to the surgical staging dilemma? Gynecol Oncol 2009;113:163–169.
82. Ballester M, Dubernard G, Lecuru F, et al. Detection rate and diagnostic accuracy of sentinel-node biopsy in early stage endometrial cancer: a prospective multicentre study (SENTI-ENDO). Lancet Oncol 2011;12:469–476.
83. Press JZ, Gotlieb WH. Controversies in the treatment of early stage endometrial carcinoma. Obstet Gynecol Int 2012;2012:578490.
84. Touhami O, Trinh XB, Gregoire J, et al. Predictors of non-sentinel lymph node (non-SLN) metastasis in patients with sentinel lymph node (SLN) metastasis in endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 2015;138:41–45.
85. Rossi EC, Kowalski LD, Scalici J, et al. A comparison of sentinel lymph node biopsy to lymphadenectomy for endometrial cancer staging (FIRES trial): a multicentre, prospective, cohort study. Lancet Oncol 2017;18:384– 392.
86. Paley PJ, Veljovich DS, Press JZ, et al. A prospective investigation of uorescence imaging to detect sentinel lymph nodes at robotic-assisted endometrial cancer staging. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016;215:117 e111–117.
87. Sinno AK, Fader AN, Roche KL, et al. A comparison of colorimetric versus uorometric sentinel lymph node mapping during robotic surgery for endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 2014;134:281–286.
88. Ruscito I, Gasparri ML, Braicu EI, et al. Sentinel node mapping in cervical and endometrial cancer: indocyanine green versus other conventional dyes—a meta-analysis. Ann Surg Oncol 2016;23:3749–3756.
89. Bodurtha Smith AJ, Fader AN, Tanner EJ. Sentinel lymph node assessment in endometrial cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2016.
90. Cormier B, Rozenholc AT, Gotlieb W, et al. Sentinel lymph node procedure in endometrial cancer: a systematic review and proposal for standardization of future research. Gynecol Oncol 2015;138:478–485.
91. Naoura I, Canlorbe G, Bendifallah S, et al. Relevance of sentinel lymph node procedure for patients with high-risk endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 2015;136:60–64.
92. Schiavone MB, Zivanovic O, Zhou Q, et al. Survival of patients with uterine carcinosarcoma undergoing sentinel lymph node mapping. Ann Surg Oncol 2016;23:196–202.
93. HollowayRW,GuptaS,StavitzskiNM,etal.Sentinellymphnodemapping with staging lymphadenectomy for patients with endometrial cancer increases the detection of metastasis. Gynecol Oncol 2016;141:206–210.
94. Darai E, Dubernard G, Bats AS, et al. Sentinel node biopsy for the management of early stage endometrial cancer: long-term results of the SENTI-ENDO study. Gynecol Oncol 2015;136:54–59.
95. Kim CH, Soslow RA, Park KJ, et al. Pathologic ultrastaging improves micrometastasis detection in sentinel lymph nodes during endometrial cancer staging. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2013;23:964–970.
96. Raimond E, Ballester M, Hudry D, et al. Impact of sentinel lymph node biopsy on the therapeutic management of early-stage endometrial cancer: results of a retrospective multicenter study. Gynecol Oncol 2014;133:506– 511.
97. Frimer M, Khoury-Collado F, Murray MP, et al. Micrometastasis of endometrial cancer to sentinel lymph nodes: is it an artifact of uterine manipulation? Gynecol Oncol 2010;119:496–499.
98. Touboul C, Bentivegna E, Uzan C, et al. Sentinel lymph node in endometrial cancer: a review. Curr Oncol Rep 2013;15:559–565.
99. Amezcua CA, MacDonald HR, Lum CA, et al. Endometrial cancer patients have a signi cant risk of harboring isolated tumor cells in histologically negative lymph nodes. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2006;16:1336–1341.
100. Todo Y, Kato H, Okamoto K, et al. Isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in regional lymph nodes in FIGO stage I to II endometrial cancer. J Gynecol Oncol 2016;27:e1.
101. Smerage JB, Barlow WE, Hortobagyi GN, et al. Circulating tumor cells and response to chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer: SWOG S0500. J Clin Oncol 2014;32:3483–3489.
102. St Clair CM, Eriksson AG, Ducie JA, et al. Low-volume lymph node metastasis discovered during sentinel lymph node mapping for endometrial carcinoma. Ann Surg Oncol 2016;23:1653–1659.
103. Plante M, Stanleigh J, Renaud MC, et al. Isolated tumor cells identi ed by sentinel lymph node mapping in endometrial cancer: does adjuvant treatment matter? Gynecol Oncol 2017;146:240–246.
104. Scalici J, Laughlin BB, Finan MA, et al. The trend towards minimally invasive surgery (MIS) for endometrial cancer: an ACS-NSQIP evaluation of surgical outcomes. Gynecol Oncol 2015;136:512–515.
105. Janda M, Gebski V, Davies LC, et al. Effect of total laparoscopic hysterectomy vs total abdominal hysterectomy on disease-free survival among women with stage I endometrial cancer: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2017;317:1224–1233.
106. Fader AN, Weise RM, Sinno AK, et al. Utilization of Minimally Invasive Surgery in Endometrial Cancer Care: A Quality and Cost Disparity. Obstet Gynecol 2016;127:91–100.
107. Galaal K, Bryant A, Fisher AD, et al. Laparoscopy versus laparotomy for the management of early stage endometrial cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012:CD006655.
108. Kornblith AB, Huang HQ, Walker JL, et al. Quality of life of patients with endometrial cancer undergoing laparoscopic international federation of gynecology and obstetrics staging compared with laparotomy: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:5337–5342.
109. Walker JL, Piedmonte MR, Spirtos NM, et al. Laparoscopy compared with laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer: Gynecologic Oncology Group Study LAP2. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:5331– 5336.
110. Mannschreck D, Matsuno RK, Moriarty JP, et al. Disparities in surgical care among women with endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol 2016;128:526– 534.
111. Walker JL, Piedmonte MR, Spirtos NM, et al. Recurrence and survival after random assignment to laparoscopy versus laparotomy for comprehensive surgical staging of uterine cancer: Gynecologic Oncology Group LAP2 Study. J Clin Oncol 2012;30:695–700.
112. King LP, Miller DS. Recent progress: gynecologic oncology group trials in uterine corpus tumors. Rev Recent Clin Trials 2009;4:70–74.
113. Vergote I, Amant F, Neven P. Is it safe to treat endometrial carcinoma endoscopically? J Clin Oncol 2009;27:5305–5307.
114. Mourits MJ, Bijen CB, Arts HJ, et al. Safety of laparoscopy versus laparotomy in early-stage endometrial cancer: a randomised trial. Lancet Oncol 2010;11:763–771.
115. He H, Zeng D, Ou H, et al. Laparoscopic treatment of endometrial cancer: systematic review. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2013;20:413–423.
116. Wang HL, Ren YF, Yang J, et al. Total laparoscopic hysterectomy versus total abdominal hysterectomy for endometrial cancer: a meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2013;14:2515–2519.
117. Mori KM, Neubauer NL. Minimally invasive surgery in gynecologic oncology. ISRN Obstet Gynecol 2013;2013:312982.
118. Krill LS, Bristow RE. Robotic surgery: gynecologic oncology. Cancer J 2013;19:167–176.
119. ElSahwi KS, Hooper C, De Leon MC, et al. Comparison between 155 cases of robotic vs. 150 cases of open surgical staging for endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 2012;124:260–264.
120. Chan JK, Gardner AB, Taylor K, et al. Robotic versus laparoscopic versus open surgery in morbidly obese endometrial cancer patients—a comparative analysis of total charges and complication rates. Gynecol Oncol 2015;139:300–305.
121. Coronado PJ, Herraiz MA, Magrina JF, et al. Comparison of perioperative outcomes and cost of robotic-assisted laparoscopy, laparoscopy and laparotomy for endometrial cancer. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2012;165:289–294.
122. Seamon LG, Cohn DE, Henretta MS, et al. Minimally invasive comprehensive surgical staging for endometrial cancer: Robotics or laparoscopy? Gynecol Oncol 2009;113:36–41.
123. Bell MC, Torgerson J, Seshadri-Kreaden U, et al. Comparison of outcomes and cost for endometrial cancer staging via traditional laparotomy, standard laparoscopy and robotic techniques. Gynecol Oncol 2008;111:407–411.
124. Cardenas-Goicoechea J, Adams S, Bhat SB, Randall TC. Surgical outcomes of robotic-assisted surgical staging for endometrial cancer are equivalent to traditional laparoscopic staging at a minimally invasive surgical center. Gynecol Oncol 2010;117:224–228.
125. Brudie LA, Backes FJ, Ahmad S, et al. Analysis of disease recurrence and survival for women with uterine malignancies undergoing robotic surgery. Gynecol Oncol 2013;128:309–315.
126. Backes FJ, Brudie LA, Farrell MR, et al. Short- and long-term morbidity and outcomes after robotic surgery for comprehensive endometrial cancer staging. Gynecol Oncol 2012;125:546–551.
127. Fleming ND, Ramirez PT. Robotic surgery in gynecologic oncology. Curr Opin Oncol 2012;24:547–553.
128. Siesto G, Ornaghi S, Ieda N, Vitobello D. Robotic surgical staging for endometrial and cervical cancers in medically ill patients. Gynecol Oncol 2013;129:593–597.
129. van Dam P, Hauspy J, Verkinderen L, et al. Are costs of robot-assisted surgery warranted for gynecological procedures? Obstet Gynecol Int 2011;2011:973830.
130. Weinberg L, Rao S, Escobar PF. Robotic surgery in gynecology: an updated systematic review. Obstet Gynecol Int 2011;2011:852061.
131. Ramirez PT, Adams S, Boggess JF, et al. Robotic-assisted surgery in gynecologic oncology: a Society of Gynecologic Oncology consensus statement. Developed by the Society of Gynecologic Oncology’s Clinical Practice Robotics Task Force. Gynecol Oncol 2012;124:180–184.
132. AAGL. Guidelines for privileging for robotic-assisted gynecologic laparoscopy. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2014;21:157–167.
133. American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Statement on Robotic Surgery by ACOG President James T. Breeden. 2013. Available at: http://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/News-Room/News-Releases/2013/ Statement-on-Robotic-Surgery. Accessed March 18,2013.
134. Sinno AK, Fader AN. Robotic-assisted surgery in gynecologic oncology. Fertil Steril 2014;102:922–932.
135. Gala RB, Margulies R, Steinberg A, et al. Systematic review of robotic surgery in gynecology: robotic techniques compared with laparoscopy and laparotomy. J Minim Invasive Gynecol 2014;21:353–361.
136. SGO Position Statement: Morcellation. Society of Gynecologic Oncology; 2013. Available at: https://www.sgo.org/newsroom/position-statements-2/ morcellation/. Accessed September 30, 2014.
137. Power Morcellation and Occult Malignancy in Gynecologic Surgery. The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists; 2014. Available at: http://www.acog.org/Resources-And-Publications/Task-Force-and- Work-Group-Reports/Power-Morcellation-and-Occult-Malignancy-in- Gynecologic-Surgery. Accessed September 30, 2014.
138. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. FDA discourages use of laparoscopic power morcellation for removal of uterus or uterine broids Food and Drug Administration; 2014. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/ NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm393689.htm. Accessed September 30, 2014.
139. Bogani G, Cliby WA, Aletti GD. Impact of morcellation on survival outcomes of patients with unexpected uterine leiomyosarcoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Gynecol Oncol 2015;137:167–172.
140. Wright JD, Buck AM, Shah M, et al. Safety of ovarian preservation in premenopausal women with endometrial cancer. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:1214–1219.
141. Koskas M, Bendifallah S, Luton D, et al. Safety of uterine and/or ovarian preservation in young women with grade 1 intramucous endometrial adenocarcinoma: a comparison of survival according to the extent of surgery. Fertil Steril 2012;98:1229–1235.
142. Lee TS, Lee JY, Kim JW, et al. Outcomes of ovarian preservation in a cohort of premenopausal women with early-stage endometrial cancer: A Korean Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol 2013;131:289–293.
143. Manfredi R, Mirk P, Maresca G, et al. Local-regional staging of endometrial carcinoma: role of MR imaging in surgical planning. Radiology 2004;231:372–378.
144. Akin O, Mironov S, Pandit-Taskar N, Hann LE. Imaging of uterine cancer. Radiol Clin North Am 2007;45:167–182.
145. Gunderson CC, Fader AN, Carson KA, Bristow RE. Oncologic and reproductive outcomes with progestin therapy in women with endometrial hyperplasia and grade 1 adenocarcinoma: a systematic review. Gynecol Oncol 2012;125:477–482.
146. Baker J, Obermair A, Gebski V, Janda M. Ef cacy of oral or intrauterine device-delivered progestin in patients with complex endometrial hyperplasia with atypia or early endometrial adenocarcinoma: a meta-analysis and systematic review of the literature. Gynecol Oncol 2012;125:263–270.
147. Gracia CR, Jeruss JS. Lives in the balance: women with cancer and the right to fertility care. J Clin Oncol 2013;31:668–669.
148. Ushijima K, Yahata H, Yoshikawa H, et al. Multicenter phase II study of fertility-sparing treatment with medroxyprogesterone acetate for endometrial carcinoma and atypical hyperplasia in young women. J Clin Oncol 2007;25:2798–2803.
149. Hubbs JL, Saig RM, Abaid LN, et al. Systemic and local hormone therapy for endometrial hyperplasia and early adenocarcinoma. Obstet Gynecol 2013;121:1172–1180.
150. Trimble CL, Method M, Leitao M, et al. Management of endometrial precancers. Obstet Gynecol 2012;120:1160–1175.
151. Mehasseb MK, Latimer JA. Controversies in the management of endometrial carcinoma: an update. Obstet Gynecol Int 2012;2012:676032.
152. Hahn HS, Yoon SG, Hong JS, et al. Conservative treatment with progestin and pregnancy outcomes in endometrial cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2009;19:1068–1073.
153. Park JY, Kim DY, Kim JH, et al. Long-term oncologic outcomes after fertility-sparing management using oral progestin for young women with endometrial cancer (KGOG 2002). Eur J Cancer 2013;49:868–874.
154. Park JY, Seong SJ, Kim TJ, et al. Pregnancy outcomes after fertility-sparing management in young women with early endometrial cancer. Obstet Gynecol 2013;121:136–142.
155. Boente MP, Yordan EL, Jr., McIntosh DG, et al. Prognostic factors and long- term survival in endometrial adenocarcinoma with cervical involvement. Gynecol Oncol 1993;51:316–322.
156. Sartori E, Gadducci A, Landoni F, et al. Clinical behavior of 203 stage II endometrial cancer cases: the impact of primary surgical approach and of adjuvant radiation therapy. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2001;11:430–437.
157. Gadducci A, Cosio S, Genazzani AR. Old and new perspectives in the pharmacological treatment of advanced or recurrent endometrial cancer: hormonal therapy, chemotherapy and molecularly targeted therapies. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 2006;58:242–256.
158. Mountzios G, Pectasides D, Bournakis E, et al. Developments in the systemic treatment of endometrial cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 2011;79:278–292.
159. Fiorica JV, Brunetto VL, Hanjani P, et al. Phase II trial of alternating courses of megestrol acetate and tamoxifen in advanced endometrial carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol 2004;92:10–14.
160. Altman AD, Thompson J, Nelson G, et al. Use of aromatase inhibitors as rst- and second-line medical therapy in patients with endometrial adenocarcinoma: a retrospective study. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2012;34:664–672.
161. Barker LC, Brand IR, Crawford SM. Sustained effect of the aromatase inhibitors anastrozole and letrozole on endometrial thickness in patients with endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial carcinoma. Curr Med Res Opin 2009;25:1105–1109.
162. Rose PG, Brunetto VL, VanLe L, et al. A phase II trial of anastrozole in advanced recurrent or persistent endometrial carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol 2000;78:212–216.
163. Decruze SB, Green JA. Hormone therapy in advanced and recurrent endometrial cancer: a systematic review. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2007;17:964–978.
164. Fishman DA, Roberts KB, Chambers JT, et al. Radiation therapy as exclusive treatment for medically inoperable patients with stage I and II endometrioid carcinoma with endometrium. Gynecol Oncol 1996;61:189– 196.
165. Coon D, Beriwal S, Heron DE, et al. High-dose-rate Rotte “Y” applicator brachytherapy for de nitive treatment of medically inoperable endometrial cancer: 10-year results. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2008;71:779–783.
166. Niazi TM, Souhami L, Portelance L, et al. Long-term results of high-dose- rate brachytherapy in the primary treatment of medically inoperable stage I-II endometrial carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2005;63:1108– 1113.
167. Van der Steen-Banasik E, Christiaens M, Shash E, et al. Systemic review: radiation therapy alone in medical non-operable endometrial carcinoma. Eur J Cancer 2016;65:172–181.
168. Creutzberg CL, van Stiphout RG, Nout RA, et al. Nomograms for prediction of outcome with or without adjuvant radiation therapy for patients with endometrial cancer: a pooled analysis of PORTEC-1 and PORTEC-2 trials. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2015;91:530–539.
169. Group SGOCPECW, Burke WM, Orr J, et al. Endometrial cancer: a review and current management strategies: part II. Gynecol Oncol 2014;134:393–402.
170. Creutzberg CL, Nout RA. The role of radiotherapy in endometrial cancer: current evidence and trends. Curr Oncol Rep 2011;13:472–478.
171. Klopp A, Smith BD, Alektiar K, et al. The role of postoperative radiation therapy for endometrial cancer: executive summary of an American Society for Radiation Oncology evidence-based guideline. Pract Radiat Oncol 2014;4:137–144.
172. Meyer LA, Bohlke K, Powell MA, et al. Postoperative radiation therapy for endometrial cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology clinical practice guideline endorsement of the American Society for Radiation Oncology evidence-based guideline. J Clin Oncol 2015;33:2908–2913.
173.Morrow CP, Bundy BN, Kurman RJ, et al. Relationship between surgical- pathological risk factors and outcome in clinical stage I and II carcinoma of the endometrium: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol 1991;40:55–65.
174. Neubauer NL, Havrilesky LJ, Calingaert B, et al. The role of lymphadenectomy in the management of preoperative grade 1 endometrial carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 2009;112:511–516.
175. Gretz HFr, Economos K, Husain A, et al. The practice of surgical staging and its impact on adjuvant treatment recommendations in patients with stage I endometrial carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 1996;61:409–415.
176. Ben-Shachar I, Pavelka J, Cohn DE, et al. Surgical staging for patients presenting with grade 1 endometrial carcinoma. Obstet Gynecol 2005;105:487–493.
177. Elshaikh MA, Al-Wahab Z, Mahdi H, et al. Recurrence patterns and survival endpoints in women with stage II uterine endometrioid carcinoma: a multi-institution study. Gynecol Oncol 2015;136:235–239.
178. Creutzberg CL, van Putten WL, Koper PC, et al. Surgery and postoperative radiotherapy versus surgery alone for patients with stage-1 endometrial carcinoma: multicentre randomised trial. PORTEC Study Group. Post Operative Radiation Therapy in Endometrial Carcinoma. Lancet 2000;355:1404–1411.
179. Aalders J, Abeler V, Kolstad P, Onsrud M. Postoperative external irradiation and prognostic parameters in stage I endometrial carcinoma: clinical and histopathologic study of 540 patients. Obstet Gynecol 1980;56:419–427.
180. Blake P, Swart AM, Orton J, et al. Adjuvant external beam radiotherapy in the treatment of endometrial cancer (MRC ASTEC and NCIC CTG EN.5 randomised trials): pooled trial results, systematic review, and meta- analysis. Lancet 2009;373:137–146.
181. Keys HM, Roberts JA, Brunetto VL, et al. A phase III trial of surgery with or without adjunctive external pelvic radiation therapy in intermediate risk endometrial adenocarcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol 2004;92:744–751.
182. Creutzberg CL, van Putten WLJ, Wárlám-Rodenhuis CC, et al. Outcome of high-risk stage IC, grade 3, compared with stage I endometrial carcinoma patients: the Postoperative Radiation Therapy in Endometrial Carcinoma Trial. J Clin Oncol 2004;22:1234–1241.
183. Scholten AN, van Putten WLJ, Beerman H, et al. Postoperative radiotherapy for stage 1 endometrial carcinoma: long-term outcome of the randomized PORTEC trial with central pathology review. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2005;63:834–838.
184. Hockel M, Dornhofer N. Treatment of early endometrial carcinoma: is less more? Lancet 2009;373:97–99.
185. Creutzberg CL, Nout RA, Lybeert ML, et al. Fifteen-year radiotherapy outcomes of the randomized PORTEC-1 trial for endometrial carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2011;81:e631–638.
186. Alektiar KM, Venkatraman E, Chi DS, Barakat RR. Intravaginal brachytherapy alone for intermediate-risk endometrial cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2005;62:111–117.
187. Nout RA, Smit VT, Putter H, et al. Vaginal brachytherapy versus pelvic external beam radiotherapy for patients with endometrial cancer of high- intermediate risk (PORTEC-2): an open-label, non-inferiority, randomised trial. Lancet 2010;375:816–823.
188. Small W, Jr., Beriwal S, Demanes DJ, et al. American Brachytherapy Society consensus guidelines for adjuvant vaginal cuff brachytherapy after hysterectomy. Brachytherapy 2012;11:58–67.
189. Onsrud M, Cvancarova M, Hellebust TP, et al. Long-term outcomes after pelvic radiation for early-stage endometrial cancer. J Clin Oncol 2013;31:3951–3956.
190. Nout RA, Putter H, Jurgenliemk-Schulz IM, et al. Five-year quality of life of endometrial cancer patients treated in the randomised Post Operative Radiation Therapy in Endometrial Cancer (PORTEC-2) trial and comparison with norm data. Eur J Cancer 2012;48:1638–1648.
191. Roper B, Astner ST, Heydemann-Obradovic A, et al. Ten-year data on 138 patients with endometrial carcinoma and postoperative vaginal brachytherapy alone: no need for external-beam radiotherapy in low and intermediate risk patients. Gynecol Oncol 2007;107:541–548.
192. Nout RA, Putter H, Jurgenliemk-Schulz IM, et al. Quality of life after pelvic radiotherapy or vaginal brachytherapy for endometrial cancer: rst results of the randomized PORTEC-2 trial. J Clin Oncol 2009;27:3547–3556.
193. McCloskey SA, Tchabo NE, Malhotra HK, et al. Adjuvant vaginal brachytherapy alone for high risk localized endometrial cancer as de ned by the three major randomized trials of adjuvant pelvic radiation. Gynecol Oncol 2010;116:404–407.
194. Dunn EF, Geye H, Platta CS, et al. Predictive factors of recurrence following adjuvant vaginal cuff brachytherapy alone for stage I endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol 2014;133:494–498.
195. Randall ME, Filiaci V, McMeekin DS, et al. A phase 3 trial of pelvic radiation therapy versus vaginal cuff brachytherapy followed by paclitaxel/ carboplatin chemotherapy in patients with high-risk, early-stage endometrial cancer: a Gynecology Oncology Group study [abstract]. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2017.
196. Chino JP, Jones E, Berchuck A, et al. The in uence of radiation modality and lymph node dissection on survival in early-stage endometrial cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2012;82:1872–1879.
197. Lee CM, Szabo A, Shrieve DC, et al. Frequency and effect of adjuvant radiation therapy among women with stage I endometrial adenocarcinoma. JAMA 2006;295:389–397.
198. Johnson N, Cornes P. Survival and recurrent disease after postoperative radiotherapy for early endometrial cancer: systematic review and meta- analysis. BJOG 2007;114:1313–1320.
199. Kong A, Johnson N, Cornes P, et al. Adjuvant radiotherapy for stage I endometrial cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007.
200. Kong A, Johnson N, Kitchener HC, Lawrie TA. Adjuvant radiotherapy for stage I endometrial cancer: an updated Cochrane systematic review and meta-analysis. J Natl Cancer Inst 2012;104:1625–1634.
201. Eifel PJ. The role of adjuvant radiation therapy for stage I endometrial cancer: does meta-analysis reveal the answer? J Natl Cancer Inst 2012;104:1615–1616.