- Urgent treatment of amniotic bands in a newborn
Urgent treatment of amniotic bands in a newborn
PAEDIATRIC SURGERY.UKRAINE.2018.1(58):52-53; doi 10.15574/PS.2018.58.52
Sergienko О. A.
CI «Zhytomyr Oblast Children’s Clinical Hospital» of Zhytomyr Oblast Council, Zhytomyr, Ukraine
Amniotic band sequence is a congenital anomaly. The incidence of the disease ranges from 1:1,200 to 1:15,000 of live births. There are several theories of the origin of amniotic band sequence. The treatment of amniotic bands is only surgical, which is elective and performed most often after one year of age. The clinical case of successful urgent treatment of amniotic band is represented in the article. It is shown that in the face of a limb necrosis, the surgical treatment must be carried out urgently.
Key words: amniotic bands, newborns, surgical treatment.
1. Kozlova SI, Demikova NS i dr. (1987). Nasledstvennyie sindromyi i mediko-geneticheskoe konsultirovanie. Leningrad: Meditsina: 28–29.
2. Romero R, Pilu Dzh i dr. (1974). Prenatalnaya diagnostika vrozhdennyih porokov razvitiya ploda. Moskva: Meditsina: 412–414.
3. Garza A, Cordero JF, Mulinare J. (1988). Epidemiology of the early amnion rupture spectrum of defects. Am J Dis Child. 142: 541–544. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpedi.1988.02150050079037
4. Jones KL. (1981). Smith’s recognizable patterns of human malformations. California: W.B. Sauders Company: 636–639.
5. Srinivasan H, Dhungel P, Harper T, Lampley C. (2014). Amniotic Band Syndrome: A Case Series. J Preg Child Health 1: 109. doi 10.4172/2376- 127X.1000109
6. Torpin R. (1965). Amniochorionic mesoblastic fibrous strings and amnionic bands: Associated constricting fetal malformations or fetal death. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 91: 65–75. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9378(65)90588-0