- The urethral closure function status in pregnant women suffering from overactive bladder syndrome
The urethral closure function status in pregnant women suffering from overactive bladder syndrome
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.9(135):66–69; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.135.66
Kostiuk I. , Chayka G. , Garnets Yu.
Vinnitsa National Medical University named after. M. I. Pirogov Ministry of Health of Ukraine
The ultrasound method of investigation was proposed as the first step in the diagnosis of urinary incontinence, since the average value of the thickness of the bladder wall and the size of the urethral sphincter in the works of many urologists are correlated with the presence of overactive bladder.
The objective: was to determine the sonographic parameters of the urethral closure in pregnant women with overactive urinary bladder.
Materials and methods. In this article, an estimation of such ultrasound signs of the urethral closure apparatus, such as funnel-like urethral enlargement, bladder wall thickness measurement, bladder volume, residual urine volume, were performed. The diagnostic value of the cervical-bulk test in pregnant women with overactive urinary bladder is assessed. The obtained results were compared with the same in healthy pregnant women.
Results. The index of bladder wall thickness with age increases, as in women with overactive bladder, and in practically healthy women. However, significantly higher value of this indicator (p<0,001) was found in the group of women with overactive bladder. In the third trimester of pregnancy, a positive cervical-bleb test was found in all patients with overactive bladder. In the group of pregnant women with overactive bladder, significantly less volume of the bladder and increased volume of residual urine, which confirms the world data.
Conclusion. Data of spontaneous contractions of detrusor in pregnant women suggest that this indicator is a characteristic diagnostic feature of overactive bladder.
Key words: pregnancy, ultrasound examination, urethral closure, overactive bladder.
1. Hagen-Ansert SL. (2001). Introduction to abdominal scanning techniques and protocols. In: Hagen-Ansert SL (ed).Textbook of Diagnostic Ultrasonography. 5th ed. St Louis, MO: CV Mosby Co.:42–69.
2. Middleton WD, Kurtz AB, Hertzberg BS. Kidney. (2004). Ultrasound: The Requisites. 2nd ed. St Louis, MO: CV Mosby Co:103–151.
3. Muradali D, Rumack CM, Wilson SR, Charboneau JW, et al. (2009). Diagnostic Ultrasound. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Mosby:675–704.
4. Rumack CM, Wilson SR, Charboneau JW, et al (eds). (2005). Diagnostic Ultrasound. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Mosby:1905–1940.
5. Thurston W, Wilson SR. (2005). The urinary tract. In: Rumack CM, Wilson SR, Charboneau JW, et al (eds). 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Mosby:321–394.
6. Pasquale Martino, Andrea B. Galosi. (2017). Atlas of Ultrasonography in Urology, Andrology, and Nephrology. Springer International Publishing: 728.
7. Allahverdov Yu. A. (2017). Atlas ultrazvukovoy diagnostiki (uchebno-prakticheskoe posobie): 335.
8. Kapustin SV, Ouen R, Pimanov SI. (2017). Ultrazvukovoe issledovanie v urologii i nefrologii. Monografiya. 2-e izd., ispr. i dop. M, Umnyiy doktor: 176.
9. Gorovyi BI ta in. (2015). Praktychna urohinekolohiia. Kurs lektsii. Navchalnyi Posibnyk. Vinnytsia, Knyha-Veha: 728.
10. Pod red. Fulhema PF, Gilberta BR. Per. s angl. Shiranova KA. Pod red. Zubareva AV, Pushkarya DYu. (2016). Ultrazvukovaya diagnostika v urologii. «GEOTAR-Media»: 572.
11.Shkarupa DD. (2015). Nederzhanie mochi i opuschenie tazovyih organov u zhenschin. MEDpress-inform»:50.