- The role of ecological and genetic factors in the onset of asthma in children (literature review)
The role of ecological and genetic factors in the onset of asthma in children (literature review)
PERINATOLOGIYA I PEDIATRIYA. 2016.3(67):127-133; doi 10.15574/PP.2016.67.127
The role of ecological and genetic factors in the onset of asthma in children (literature review)
Chumachenko N. G.
SI «Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
The article presents a literature review of publications domestic and foreign authors on the risk factors of the onset of asthma in children. Health is 20–40% dependent on the environment and 35–70% dependent on genetic factors. The interaction of genetic and environmental factors lead to anti-oxidant stress and changes not only on the level of the entire organism, but also on the cellular and molecular level. To asses to prognosis for onset and development of bronchial asthma in children, that reside in environmentally neglected zones it is necessary to continue the research into the molecular-genetic gene polymorphism of the enzymes of the xenobiotic detoxication system, as well as metabolic disturbances in children in order to delineate risk group for the onset of the condition and to develop indications for anti-oxidant treatment, to correct the molecular disturbances, that appear long before the clinical manifestation of asthma.
Key words: bronchial asthma, genetics of asthma, environment, children.
1. Abaturov OYe, Rusakova OO. 2015. Рrediction of the individual risk of bronchial obstruction in acute bronchitis in infants. Child’s Health. 1(60): 55-60.
2. Alifanova SV. 2013. Risk factors of asthma in children. Current issues in pharmacy and medicine: science and practice. 3(13): 4-7.
3. Antypkin UG, Reznichenko YG, Yartseva MA. 2012. Тhe influence of environmental factors on the infants health. Perinatologiya i pediatiya. 1(49): 48-51.
4. Balabolkin II. 2015. Possibilities of the therapeutic monitoring of allergic diseases in children at the modern stage. Pediatriya. 4: 146-150.
5. Balabolkin II, Tyumentseva ES. 2010. Genetic aspects of atopic diseases in children. Vestnik Rossiiskoi Akademii Meditsinskikh Nauk. 4: 15–23.
6. Banadyha NV, Voloshyn SB. 2016. Genetic markers, which define the occurrence and course of bronchial asthma in children. Sovremennaya Pediatriya. 2(74): 100-103.
7. Bezrukov LO, Garas MN. 2015. Nonspecific bronchial hyperreactivity in schoolchildren with atopic and nonatopic phenotypes of bronchial asthma. Asthma and Allergy. 1: 13-16.
8. Besh LV, Radchenko ОМ. 2014. Allergen-specific immunotherapy and its role in treatment of the bronchial asthma: status update of the problem. The Experimental of Clinical Phisioligy and Biochemistry. 3: 77-85.
9. Besh LV. 2012. The bronchial asthma in children’s. Child’s Health. 8(43): 8-20.
10. Budchanov UI, Delyagin VM. 2010. Genetic of bronchial asthma. Practical Medicine. 45: 19-21.
11. Vorontsova IM, Korovkina ES. 2015. Allergen specific immunotherapy in children: a comparative of subcutaneous and sublingual methods for administering of allergens (International Bibliographic Overview). Pediatrics. 4: 158-163.
12. Puzyrev VP, Ogorodova LM. 2010. Genetics of pulmonologyc disease. М, Аtmosphera: 160.
13. Alimova YuB, Zhelenina LА, Galustyan АN et al. 2012. Genetic heterogeneity and phenotypes of bronchial astma in children. Question practical pediatric. 6; 7: 14-18.
14. Geppe NA. 2012. Topicality of a problem bronchial asthma in children’s. Pediatrics. 3; 91: 76-82.
15. Geppe NA, Revyakina VA. 2008. New international recommendation of the bronchial asthma in children’s. PRACTALL. Pulmonology and Allergology. 1: 60-67.
16. Emelina UN, Vahlova IV, Tuzankina IA. 2015. Role of genetic and postnatal factors on the formation of respiratory pollen allergy in children. Russian Journal of Immynology. 9(18); 3(1): 70-72.
17. Zaitseva OV. 2015. New approaches to comprehensive treatment of children with asthma and recurrent acute respiratory infections. Messenger Feron. 2: 22-25.
18. Zaytseva SV, Murtasaeva OA. 2012. Broncho-obstructive syndrome at children. Difficult Pacient. 2-3: 34-39.
19. Karunas АS. 2012. Molekulyarno-geneticheskin issledovaniyem allergichesk zabolevaniy. Extended abstract of diss … dokt. med. sciences. Ufa: 47.
20. Mokiya-Serbina SA, Litvinova TV, Ponomareva LI et al. 2010. The clinical and immunological efficiency of ribomunul in children with bronchial asthma and persistent of respiratory viruses. Sovremennaya Pediatriya. 2(30): 131-135.
21. Kobets TV, Tanaga VA. 2011. Role of ecologicalf actors in forma tion of a bronchial asthma at children. Tavricheskiy mediko-biologicheskiy vestnyk. 1(53); 14: 173-177.
22. Lavrova TE. 2015. Possibilities of induction of oral tolerance as a response to allergic epidemics. Pediatriya. 4: 151-157.
23. Lasitsa ОІ, Ohotnikova ЕN. 2006. Risk factors for asthma in children. Clin Immunologiya. Allergologiya. Infectologiya.1: 36-40.
24. Lytvynets LYa. 2013. Oxidative stress and antioxidant defense in children with varying degrees of bronchial asthma control. Child’s Health. 8(51): 71-74.
25. Luchak M. V. 2016. The markers of hepatobiliary disorders on the the early stages in children living in regions with different types of environmental Pollution. Extended abstract of diss … candidate med. sciences. Lviv: 20.
26. Antypkin UG, Lapshin VF, Umanets ТR et al. 2015. Markers of inflammation and apoptosis of induced sputum cells in children with asthma and reccurent bronchitis. Yournal NAMN Ukraine.1; 21: 108-114.
27. Mizernitsky YuL, Melnikova IM. 2009. Differential of immune correction in children with recurrent respiratory infections. Moskow, Overleya: 142.
28. Lytvynets LYa, Synoverska OB, Gnateyko OZ et al. 2012. Мolecular and genetic basics and strategy of bronchial asthma analysis in children. Child’s Health. 7(42): 85-89.
29. National program: «Pediatric asthma. Treatmet strategies and preventive care». Soyuz Pediatrov Rossii. Moskow, 2012: 184.
30. Nedelskaya SN, Yartseva DA. 2013. Diagnostics of bronchial asthma in infants: possibilities, topical issues, differential diagnosis. Child’s Health. 2(45): 108-111.
31. Nenartovich IA. 2015. Bronchial asthma with lung structural pathology in school-age children. Extended abstract of diss … candidate med. sciences. Minsk: 31.
32. Ohotnikova ЕN, Sharikadze EV. 2015. Bronchial asthma and allergic rhinitis in children to 6 years: opportunities of comorbid pathology. Sovremennaya Pediatriya. 8(72): 111-116.
33. Ohotnikova ЕN. 2013. Рathogenetic features of bronchial obstruction syndrome in children and possibilities of emergency treatment. Asthma and Allergy. 2: 52-61.
34. Polonikov AV, Ivanov VP, Bogomazov AD et al. 2015. Genetic and biochemical mechanisms of involvement of antioxid ant defense enzymes in the development of bronchial. Biomedical Chemistry. 4; 61: 427-439.
35. Ponomareva M S, Furman EG, Khuzina EA. 2015. Family polymorphism of ADRB2 gene in childhood bronchial asthma. Perm Medical Yournal. 5; XXXII:30-36.
36. Bezrukova DA, Namazova LS, Dzhumagaziev AA, Shelkova OA. 2007. Rasprostranennost allergicheskih zabolevaniy u shkolnikov Astrahani. Pediatricheskaya farmakologiya. 4; 4: 72—75.
37. Global strategy for asthma management and prevention.( 2010) (Global Initiative for Asthma, GINA 2009). Clin Immunologiya. Allergologiya. Infectologiya .5–6(34–35); 56-63.
38. Rublevskaya NI. 2012. Hygienical rationale measures of decline of risk of the prenosological conditions for children in the technogenic region. Ukrainian Medical Almanac. 1;15:132-134.
39. Savenko UO. 2015. Genetic, immune, and clinical criteria for projection and optimization of allergic diseases prevention in children. Extended abstract of diss … candidate med. sciences. Kyiv: 28.
40. Sitalo SG. 2009. Subpopulations of eozinofilez as cytologigal measure of allergig air pollution. Environment &Health. 2: 29-32.
41. Soodaeva SК. 2012. Free radical mechanisms of injury in respiratory Disease. Pulmonologiya. 1: 5-10.
42. Antypkin UG, Lapshin VF, Umanetc TR et al. 2011. The modern classification of bronchial asthma in children. Perinatologiya i pediatriya. 1(45): 8-10.
43. Treneva MS. 2010. Аllergic diseases primary prevention in children: positive predictive value and high specificity of information on allergic diseases in male relatives. Russian Allergology Journal. 6: 34-37.
44. Tumentseva ES, Petrova NV, Balabolkin II. 2011. Use of molecular genetic methods in the study of hereditary predisposition to atopic diseases in children. Russian Allergology Journal. 3: 48-55.
45. Umanets ТR. 2011. The clinical and case history peculiarity phenotypes in children with bronchial asthma. Perinatologiya i pediatriya. 2(46): 69-71.
46. Umanets ТR. 2013. А new strategy on the treatment bronchial asthma in children: role of the leukotriene antagonists. Child’s Health. 3-4: 34-36.
47. Umanets ТR. 2012. Formation of asthma phenotypes in preschool children. Аsthma and Allergy. 1: 18-22.
48. Kostromina VP, Rechkina EA, Melnik EA et al. 2013. Risk factors for asthma in children. Asthma and allergy. 2: 21-24.
49. Khokha RN. 2014. Prevalence of allergic diseases symptoms among children of the Grodno region (republic of Belarus). Journal of the Grodno State Medical University. 3: 96-99.
50. Chernysheva OE, Yulish EI. 2010. The modern concept of bronchial asthma pathogenesis. Sovremennaya Pediatriya. 2(30): 67-71.
51. Iaroshchuk LB. 2015. Рredictability and risk factors of severe bronchial asthma in children. Asthma and Allergy: 48-52.
52. Moral L, Roig M, Garde J et al. 2008. Allergen sensitization in children with asthma and rhinitis: marked variations related to age and microgeographical factors. Allergol. Immunopathol. 36; 3: 128—133. http://dx.doi.org/10.1157/13124718; http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0301-0546(08)72536-9
53. Brozek JL, Bousquet J, BaenaCagnani CE et al. 2010. Allergic Rhinitis and its Impact on Asthma (ARIA) guidelines: 2010 Revision. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 126: 466—476. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2010.06.047; PMid:20816182
54. Reddel HK, Taylor DR, Bateman ED et al. 2009. An Official American Thoracis Society. European Respiratory Society Statement: asthma control and exacerbations: standardizing endpoints for clinical trialsand clinical practice. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 180: 59—99. http://dx.doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200801-060ST; PMid:19535666
55. Bacharier LB, Boner A, Carlsen KFH et al. 2008. Diagnosis and treatment of asthma in childhood: a PRACTALL consensus report. Allergy. 63; 5: 5—35. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1398-9995.2007.01586.x
56. Global strategy for asthma management and prevention. Global Initiative for аsthma (GINA). Bethesda (MD): GINA, 2011. http://webmed.irkutsk.ru/doc/pdf/gina2011ru.pdf.
57. Globalstrategy for asthma management and prevention. National institutes of health. National Heart, lung and Blood Institute. Revised 2014. http://www.ginasthma.org.
58. Holloway JW, Yang IA, Holgate STJ. 2010. Genetics of allergic disease. Allergy Clin Immunol. 125: 81—94. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2009.10.071; PMid:20176270
59. Papadopoulos NG, Arakawa H, Carlsen KH et аl. 2012. International consensus on (ICON) pediatric asthma. Allergy. 67; 8;. 976—997.
60. Postma D, Koppelman G. 2009. Genetic of asthma: where are we and where do we go? The Proceedings of the American Thoracis Society. 6: 283—287. http://dx.doi.org/10.1513/pats.200806-047RM; PMid:19387031
61. Robinson DS. 2010.The role of the T cell in asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 126: 1081—1091. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2010.06.025; PMid:20709383