- The impact of physical activity on level of schoolchildren’s mental capacity enrolled in different programs
The impact of physical activity on level of schoolchildren’s mental capacity enrolled in different programs
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2016.8(80):55-58; doi 10.15574/SP.2016.80.55
The impact of physical activity on level of schoolchildren's mental capacity enrolled in different programs
Danilenko G. M., Nesterenko V. G.
V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine
Objective. To show the influence of physical activity on the level of mental capacity; identify differences in physical activity and the level of mental health of schoolchildren enrolled in different training programs.
Materials and methods. In the process it was analyzed the dynamics of mental capacity of academically gifted children for the period of training at the basic school. The dynamics of mental capacity has been studied using the V.Ya. Anfimova proofreading tables. Based on a comprehensive assessment of the executed works are marked levels of student capacity. The results are analyzed using the methods of variation statistics, the correlation and analysis of variance (SPSS-17 program).
Results of the study. The results showed that schoolchildren with high level of mental capacity regularly perform morning exercises. It was found that children of all groups is watching the TV is much longer than recommended by the WHO, which has a negative effect on their health. The level of influence over the physical activity during the day in all classes showed the best results pupils who do sport more than 6 hours a day. It should be noted that at the end of the day feel better those pupils who have lower level of physical activity as well as the overall load on them is smaller than that of those who have an active lifestyle. In spite of this, the data rate of pupils «well-being after weekend completion» significantly lower. It is also noted that after completion of the week-end state of health has improved in all groups, that is, during weekend was restoring the functional state of the body, which is manifested in the subjective well-being improvement. The greatest recovery happened in the groups of students who do sport. Thus it can be argued that sports contribute is improve the health of schoolchildren after a recovery period of weekend. And also have a positive effect on the level of mental capacity.
1. In the analysis of physical activity of pupils of fifth class showed that students with traditional education and 1 group meritocratic education classes have high and sufficient levels of physical activity throughout the week. At the same time, the level of physical activity of pupils with meritocratic education class is at sufficient and low level and the pupils notice bad well-being at the end of the working day and the completion of the weekend.
2. Researches have shown that the regular performance of morning exercise in 1 group meritocratic education and with traditional education classes was the key to the high percentage of «good» level of mental capacity. At the same time, in the 5-2 class, conversely, children who do not perform morning exercises showed higher results.
3. The high level of physical activity throughout the day in all classes helped to increase the percentage of pupils who have a high / medium level of mental capacity.
4. The active rest on the weekend showed positive impact on the results of all three classes.
5. According to the research we can say that physical activity and organization of the educational process have a significant impact on the mental capacity of pupils of basic school. At the same time the mental capacity was the highest in children with high physical activity.
Key words: physical activity, basic school, meritocratic education, traditional education, mental capacity.
1. New European policy of health care – Health of 2020. Jerusalem, Israel, on November 28-29, 2011-147 p.
2. Simonenko LN, Zenkova YuM, Ushakov SA, Petrushina AD. 2016. Structure of major factors of risk of noninfectious diseases at children of school age at inspection in the center of health. Theses of the international conference of the countries of VETsA. Formation of a healthy lifestyle of school students in modern conditions. Materials of the international conference of the countries of VETsA. Moscow on November 14-15, 2016: 94.
3. Steshenko OV. Efficiency of children. https://sites.google.com/site/rabotosposobnostdetej/home.
4. Kachanova LA, Laskareva LN, Yershova OV. 2016. Addiction of first graders to a healthy lifestyle. Theses of the international conference of the countries of VETsA. Formation of a healthy lifestyle of school students in modern conditions. Materials of the international conference of the countries of VETsA. Moscow on November 14-15, 2016: 45
5. Bobok NV. 2016. Hygienic assessment of efficiency of physical training of school students. Theses of the international conference of the countries of VETsA. Formation of a healthy lifestyle of school students in modern conditions. Materials of the international conference of the countries of VETsA. Moscow on November 14-15, 2016: 17.
6. Kalynychenko IO. Effect of physical training on mental performance and basic mental functions of school children. http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/old_jrn/Soc_Gum/Vchdpu/2013_107_2/Kalinic.pdf
7. Kurinna V. 2009. Effect of physical training on mental capacity of students. Theory and methods of physical education. 11: 16-35
8. Bezverkhnya H. Optimum physical activity. http://dspace.udpu.org.ua:8080/jspui/bitstream/6789/4429/1/4.Оптим.рух.активн..pdf
9. Information about a project "Intellect of Ukraine". http://sch234.at.ua/dir/proekt_quot_intelekt_ukrajini_quot/pro_proekt_quot_intelekt_ukrajini_quot/74