- Tadalafil usage in males with type 2 diabetes mellitus and erectile dysfunction
Tadalafil usage in males with type 2 diabetes mellitus and erectile dysfunction
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.10(136):30–32; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.136.30
SI «Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism V.P. Komissarenko NAMS of Ukraine»
The results of using the preparation of tadalafile citrate in males with diabetes mellitus and erectile dysfunction are cited in this article. Tadalafile in a dose of 20 mg on demand during 12 weeks was taken by patients. The medication had a pronounced effect in the majority of patients independently of the type and severity of diabetes mellitus, the age of patients and also the stage of erectile dysfunction. A side-effect was noted in small number of patients and it was insignificant.
Key words: erectile dysfunction, diabetes mellitus, phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, mens.
1. Johannes CB, Araujo AB, Feldman HA et al. (2000). Incidence of erectile dysfunction in men 40 to 69 years old: longitudinal results from the Massachusetts male aging study. J. Urol. 163;2:460–463. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005392-200002000-00015; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-5347(05)67900-1
2. Maiorino M, Bellastella G, Esposito K. (2014). Diabetes and sexual dysfunction: current perspectives. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 7:95–105. PMid:24623985 PMCid:PMC3949699
3. Luchytskyi YeV, Kachura ON. (2001). Erektylna dysfunktsiia u cholovikiv, khvorykh na tsukrovyi diabet. Endokrynolohiia 6;1:121–123.
4. Chaudhary R, Shamsi B, Tan T et al. (2016). Study of the relationship between male erectile dysfunction and type 2 diabetes mellitus/metabolic syndrome and its components. J Int Med Res. 44;3:735–741. https://doi.org/10.1177/0300060515623122; PMid:27036148 PMCid:PMC5536719
5. Bacon CG, Hu FB, Giovannucci E et al. (2002). Assotiation of type duration diabetes with erectile dysfunction in a large cohort of men. Diabetes Care. 25;8:1458–1463. https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.25.8.1458; PMid:12145250
6. Andersson D, Ekström U, Lehtihet M. (2015). Rigiscan Evaluation of Men with Diabetes Mellitus and Erectile Dysfunction and Correlation with Diabetes Duration, Age, BMI, Lipids and HbA1c. PLoS One. 10;7:e0133121.
7. Claes H, Gocman J, Van Poppel. (2003). The new PDE-5 inhibitors in comparisons with sildenafil. J. Impot. Res. 15;6:55.
8. Morano S. (2003). Pathophysiology of diabetic sexual dysfunction. J. Endocrinol. Invest. 26;3:65–69. PMid:12834025
9. Saenz de Tejada L, Anglin G, Knight JR, Emmich JT. (2002). Еffects of Tadalafile on Erectile Disfunction in Men with Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 25;12:2159–2164.
10. Brock G, Mc Mahon CG, Chen KK et al. (2002). Efficacy and safety of tadalafil in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: results of integrated analyses. J. Urol. 168:1332–1336. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005392-200210010-00006; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-5347(05)64442-4
11. Govier F, Potempe AJ, Kaufman J et al. (2003). Tadalafil 20 mg or Sildenafil Citrate 50 mg During Initiation of Treatment for Erectile dysfunction. Clin therapeutics. 25;11:2709–2723. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0149-2918(03)80328-4
12. Porst H, Padma-Nathan H, Giuliano F et al. (2003). Efficacy of Tadalafil for the treatment of erectile dysfunction at 24 and 36 hours after dosing: a randomised controlled study. Urology. 162:121–126. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0090-4295(03)00359-5