- Specific features of climacteric syndrome in postmenopausal women in modern conditions
Specific features of climacteric syndrome in postmenopausal women in modern conditions
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.1(127):68–72; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.127.68
Ragimova V. V., Alieva E. M., Sultanova S. G.
Azerbaijan Medical University, Baku
The objective: investigation was to study the expression of climacteric syndrome in postmenopausal women in Azerbaijan.
Materials and methods.There were 120 postmenopausal women examined the average age of the women was 60.29±0.69 years. The duration of postmenopausal period was within 10.33±0.67 years. In 45 (37.5%) of women the duration of postmenopausal period varied between 2 and 5 years, 16 (13%) it was between 6 and 9 years, while in 59 (49.2%) of women it was more than 10 years.
Results. As a result of the conducted studies, the frequency and severity of vegetative, metabolic-endocrine, psychoemotional manifestations of menopausal syndrome in the examined women in the postmenopausal period were determined.
Conclusion. It was that autonomic nervous expressions of climacteric syndrome comprised 28.8±0.46, endocrine symptoms 22.6±0.8, emotional expressions were 7.8±4.6.
The average evaluation of climacteric syndrome was 59.2±2.11, that corresponds to the moderate degree of expression of climacteric syndrome.
Key words: postmenopausal period, autonomic nervous dystonia, endocrine symptoms, psycho emotional expressions, involutive process.
1. Gasanova NN. 2011. Kliniko-diagnosticheskie osobennosti postmenopauzalnogo perioda u zhenschin posle ovario- i gisterektomii. Diss. kand. med. nauk. Baku:122.
2. Gasanova NN, Alieva EM, Asadova ShSh. 2011. Kliniko-diagnosticheskie osobennosti postmenopauzalnogo osteoporoza u zhenschin posle ovario- i gisterektomii. Zdorove zhenschiny (Ukraina) 1:174–176.
3. Godzhaeva AA. 2014. Kliniko-diagnosticheskie osobennosti techeniya urogenitalnyih rasstroystv u zhenschin s dlitelnyim postmenopauzalnyim periodom. Diss. kand. med. nauk. Baku:140.
4. Dedov II, Melnichenko GA. 2012. Endokrinologiya: natsionalnoe rukovodstvo. M:1072.
5. Moran LJ, Misso ML, Norman RJ. 2010. Impaired glucose tolerance, type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome in polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Hum.Reprod.Update. 16;4:347–363. https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dmq001; PMid:20159883
6. Schmidt J, Brannstrom M, Landin-Wilhelmsen K, Dahlgren E. 2011. Reproductive hormone levels and anthropometry in postmenopausal women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): a 21-year follow-up study of women diagnosed with PCOS around 50 years ago and their-age-matched controls. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 96;7:2178–2185. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2010-2959; PMid:21508129