- The role of functional methods of diagnostics in women with multiple pregnancy
The role of functional methods of diagnostics in women with multiple pregnancy
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.1(127):37–39; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.127.37
Tkachenko A. V.
National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education P. L. Shupyk, Kiev
A retrospective analysis of multiple pregnancy duration, deliveries and perinatal outcomes among 90 women with different genesis of twins was conducted. The general principles and clinical tactic of medical care for patients with multiple pregnancy were developed and implemented, based on the results of the examination and treatment of such patients and data observed. Set of integrated functional prenatal tests and diagnostic approaches allows early detection and prevention of severe obstetric and perinatal complications among this group.
Key words: multiple pregnancy, twin pregnancy, perinatal factors, functional methods of diagnostic.
1. Fedorova MV. 1998. Sovremennyie predstavleniya o mnogoplodnoy beremennosti. Vestnik Rossiyskoy assotsiatsii akusherov-ginekologov 1:38–45.
2. Reducing perinatal and material mortality in the world: major challenges. Brit. J. Obstet. Gyn. 2000. 107:831–832.
3. Stanton C, Abdderahim N, Hill K. 2000. An assessment of DHS Maternal Mortality Indicators. Studies in Family Planning 31;2:111–123. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1728-4465.2000.00111.x
4. Krasnopolskiy VI, Novikova SV, Kapustina MV, Titchenko LI, Aksenov AN, Zharova AA. 2009. Sovremennyie problemyi mnogoplodnoy beremennosti. Rossiyskiy vestnik akushera-ginekologa (2):79–82.
5. Conde-Agudelo A, Romero R, Hassan SS, Yeo L. 2010. Transvaginal sonographic cervical length for the prediction of spontaneous preterm birth in twin pregnancies: a systematic review and metaanalysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 203(2):128.e1–12.
6. Klauser CK, Briery CM, Keiser SD, Martin RW, Kosek MA, Morrison JC. 2012. Effect of antenatal tocolysis on neonatal outcomes. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 25(12):2778–81. https://doi.org/10.3109/14767058.2012.714819; PMid:22873356
7. Rode L, Tabor A. 2014. Prevention of preterm delivery in twin pregnancy. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynecol. 28(2):273–83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2013.11.002; PMid:24378186
8. Aziz S, Soomro N. 2012. Twin births and their complications in women of low socioeconomic profile. J Pak Med Assoc. 62(11):1204–8.
9. Doyle LW, Crowther CA, Middleton P, Marret S, Rouse D. 2009. Magnesium sulphate for women at risk of preterm birth for neuroprotection of the fetus. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. (1):CD004661.
10. Shek NW, Hillman SC, Kilby MD. 2014. Single-twin demise: pregnancy outcome. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 28(2):249–63. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2013.11.003; PMid:24361180
11. Lee H, Wagner AJ, Sy E, Ball R, Feldstein VA, Goldstein RB, Farmer DL. 2007. Efficacy of radiofrequency ablation for twin-reversed arterial perfusion sequence. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 196(5):459.e1–4.
12. Doyle LW. 2012. Antenatal magnesium sulfate and neuroprotection. Curr Opin Pediatr. 24(2):154–9. https://doi.org/10.1097/MOP.0b013e3283504da1; PMid:22227787