- Results of the substitutive enzymotherapy for lactase deficiency in preterm infants
Results of the substitutive enzymotherapy for lactase deficiency in preterm infants
PERINATOLOGY AND PEDIATRIC. UKRAINE. 2018.2(74):65-68; doi 10.15574/PP.2018.74.65
Koliubakina L. V., Syvkiv I. I.
HSEI «Bukovinian State Medical University», Chernivtsi, Ukraine
Objective: to evaluate the efficacy of the substitutive enzyme therapy for lactase deficiency in the complex inpatient nursing of preterm infants.
Material and methods. In total 26 preterm infants were examined in the neonatal centre of CMI «Oblast Children's Clinical Hospital» in Chernivtsi, who were divided into two clinical observation groups. The 1st (I) group included 13 preterm infants, who were administered in the comprehensive treatment «Mamalac» in drops during 2 weeks (manufacturer: Lecifarma — Laboratorio Farmaceutico, Lda, Varzea do Andrade, Cabeco de Montachique, Loures, 2670-741 Lousa, Portugal), 1 ml of solution contains 3000 ALU of lactase. The drug was prescribed based on 5 drops per 100 ml of breast milk or feed formula (1 drop contains 150 ALU). The second (II) group comprised 13 preterm infants, who were fed without «Mamalac». All children at admission were provided general clinical, biochemical, instrumental methods of diagnosis, including the determination of carbohydrates in faeces and its pH using the Benedict test. The obtained data are analysed by the methods of variation statistics using the Statistica 6.0 program.
Results and conclusions. The obtained results showed the efficacy of the early administration of substitutive enzyme therapy in the feeding of preterm infants with a reduced meal tolerance under inpatient treatment. The therapeutic efficacy of such therapy in the treatment of lactase deficiency in breast-fed or bottlefed newborns was shown.
Key words: lactase deficiency, preterm infants, enzymotherapy.
1. Abramova TV. (2009). Terapiya laktaznoy nedostatochnosti u detey pervyih mesyatsev zhizni. Lechaschiy vrach. 2009. 1: 6—7.
2. Ziatdinova NV, Fayzullina RA. (2010). Laktaznaya nedostatochnost u detey. 2010. 3 (42): 44—47.
3. Korovina NA, Korovina IN, Malova NE. (2002). Laktaznaya nedostatochnost u detey. 1; 4: 57—61.
4. Posibnyk z neonatolohii. (2010). Za red. Kloerti DP, Stark ER, Eikhenvald EK. Kyiv: 126—150.
5. Solodova IV, Ivan'ko OG, Pashchenko .V.. (2013). Application of lactase «Mamalak» during the breastfeeding in children with intestinal infections. Sovremennaya pediatriya. 2: 118—123. doi 10.15574/SP.2013.50.118
6. Usenko DV, Gorelov AV. (2009). Laktaznaya nedostatochnost u detey. Pediatriya. 1: 33—36.
7. Havkin AI, Zhigareva NS. (2009). Laktaznaya nedostatochnost. Gastroenterologiya. 1: 78—82.
8. Haliullina SV, Urmancheeva YuR. (2012). Disaharidaznaya nedostatochnost i ostryie kishechnyie infektsii u detey. Prakticheskaya meditsina. 7: 126—130.
9. Shabalov NP. (2010). Neonatologiya. Uchebnoe posobie. Moskva: MEDpress-inform. 1: 329—344.
10. Shadrin OH, Marushko TL, Misnyk VP, Fysun VM, Marushko KR. (2011). Problemni pytannia perebihu ta terapii laktaznoi nedostatnosti u ditei rannoho viku. Sovremennaya pediatriya. 6: 157—162.
11. Shadrin AG, Khomutovskaya KO. (2014). An intestinal colics among infants of the different types of lactase deficiency, the diagnosis and correction features. Sovremennaya pediatriya. 6: 102—107. doi 10.15574/SP.2014.62.102