- Results of controlled ovarian stimulation in programs of oocyt donation
Results of controlled ovarian stimulation in programs of oocyt donation
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.1(127):77–79; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.127.77
Prodan T. A. , Dankovich N. О. , Babenk O. M.
Medical Center «Mother and Child», Kyiv
The objective: of the study was to study the effectiveness of controlled ovarian stimulation in oocyte donors depending on the stimulation protocol.
Materials and methods. To achieve this goal, the medical documentation of 120 oocyte donors was analyzed, which was stimulated in the Medical Center «Mother and Child» in 2012–2015. All medical cards were divided into two groups: the first group included women in which was used a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (n=70) in the stimulation cycle to prevent premature luteinizing hormone peaks (n=70), and the second group used an antagonist (n=50).
Results. The average duration of stimulation in case of usage of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists was on average 2 days longer. The total amount of recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone was also significantly (on average 500 IU) more, and the resulting follicle and oocytes – less.
Сonclusion. Thus, the study showed that optimal protocol for obtaining donor oocytes is a protocol with usage daily doses of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist to prevent premature luteinizing hormone peaks. Further search for the purpose of optimizing the schemes of stimulation of superovulation in donors is to be carried out within the framework of this particular protocol.
Key words: in vitro fertilization, stimulation of superovulation, donation of oocytes.
1. Palyiga IE. 2013. Klinicheskiy analiz neudachnyih popyitok ispolzovaniya vspomagatelnyih reproduktivnyih tehnologiy. Zdorove zhenschiny 8(84):164-166.
2. Gyudays LS. 2009. Implantiruyuschayasya oplodotvorennaya yaytsekletka i materinskiy organism. Problemy endokrinologii 5:30–32.
3. Baskakov VP. 2005. Sostoyanie reproduktivnoy sistemyi zhenschinyi pri endometrioze. Problemyi reproduktsii 2:15–18.
4. Avramenko NV. 2014. Vspomogatelnyie reproduktivnyie tehnologii. Zaporozhskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal 3(84):95-100.
5. Nakaz MOZ 09.09.2013 787. Pro zatverdzhennya Poryadku zastosuvannya dopomIzhnih reproduktivnih tehnologIy v UkraYinI.
6. Laboratornyiy spravochnik SINEVO. Pod red. Nebyiltsovoy OV. K, LLC «Doktor-Media». 2011:420.