- Рerinatal outcomes of multiple gestation after in vitro fertilization and spontaneous pregnancies
Рerinatal outcomes of multiple gestation after in vitro fertilization and spontaneous pregnancies
PERINATOLOGY AND PEDIATRIC. UKRAINE. 2018.1(73):70-73; doi 10.15574/PP.2018.73.70
Dykusarova S. M., Platonova O. М., Khilobok–Jakovenko O. V.
Medical Center Isida – IVF LLC, Kyiv, Ukraine
Objective – to evaluate perinatal outcomes in multiple gestations after in vitro fertilization compared with spontaneous pregnancies.
Material and methods. A retrospective analysis of 375 labour and delivery medical records that were provided in the Medical centre Isida — IVF LLC (Kyiv, 2010-2017), and resulted in 279 twin deliveries after in vitro fertilization and 96 twin deliveries after spontaneous pregnancy (the group of comparison).
Results. The risk of miscarriage during pregnancies induced by assisted reproductive technologies is significantly high. The proportion of premature infants (<37 weeks) in the in vitro fertilization group was 227 (41.1%), in the group of spontaneous twins – 63 (32.8%). Analysing the anthropometric indicators of newborns of the in vitro fertilization group, it was found that they were lower than in children of the comparison group. The perinatal pathology incidence in infants from mothers after in vitro fertilization procedure was 1.8 times higher than in the comparison group. The mothers who underwent in vitro fertilization procedure had 1.2 times more often lactation disorders. Early neonatal mortality in twins did not depend on the fertilization type and made up 4.0% for the in vitro fertilization group and 3.1% for the comparison group.
Conclusions. The perinatal pathology incidence in multiple gestations associated with in vitro fertilization increases, which can be illustrative of usefullness of further development of reproductive technologies that allow implantation of one embryo.
Key words: multiple gestations, perinatal outcomes, reproductive technologies.
1. Antamonov MYu. (2006). Matematicheskaya obrabotka i analiz mediko-biologicheskih dannyih. Kiev: 568.
2. Ventskovskiy BM, Poladich IV, Avramenko SA. (2016). Osobennosti rannego neonatalnogo perioda rozhdennyih ot mnogoplodnoy beremennosti, obuslovlennoy primeneniem VRT. Reproduktivnoe zdorove Vostochnaya Evropa. 2 (44): 152—161.
3. Kamilova MYa, Hodzhieva PI. (2006). Perinatalnyie ishodyi u zhenschin s monohorialnoy i bihorialnoy beremennostyu. Vestnik Akademii meditsinskih nauk Tadzhikistana. 3: 52—55.
4. Maslyanyuk NA. (2010). Mnogoplodnaya beremennost posle ekstrakorporalnogo oplodotvoreniya kak faktor riska nedonoshennosti i zaderzhki vnutriutrobnogo razvitiya. Zhurnal akusherstva i zhenskih bolezney. 59; 1: 116—119.
5. Poladich IV. (2015). Sovremennyiy vzglyad na problemu mnogoplodnoy beremennosti. Ukrainskiy nauchnomeditsinskiy molodezhnyiy zhurnal. 4 (91): 83—90.
6. Telychko LV. (2015). Perynatalni aspekty bahatoplidnoi vahitnosti. Zdorove zhenshchynы. 5: 163—167.
7. Ananth CV, Chauhan SP. (2017, Jun.). Epidemiology of Periviable Births: The Impact and Neonatal Outcomes of Twin Pregnancy. Clin Perinatol. 44 (2): 333—345. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clp.2017.01.002; PMid:28477664
8. Pourali L, Ayati S, Jelodar S, Zarifian A, Sheikh Andalibi MS. (2016, May). Obstetrics and perinatal outcomes of dichorionic twin pregnancy fol lowing ART compared with spontaneous pregnancy. Int J Reprod Bio med (Yazd). 14 (5): 317—322.
9. Ventskivsky BM, Poladich IV, Belayay VV, Kostenko OYu, Kazydub KS. (2015). The specific features of the course of pregnancy and delivery in women with multiple pregnancy. Meditsina transporta Ukrainyi. 3—4 (55): 8—15.