Rehabilitation and palliative medicine RPM-01,02-2017Scientific and practical journal
The journal “Rehabilitation and Palliative Medicine” is published since 2015. Edition of the journal is carried out jointly with Ukrainian Public Organization "Ukrainian Palliative and Hospice Care League” and National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education by P.L. Shupyk. The information shared by the journal harmonically combines contemporary organizational and methodological forms, methods and technologies designed to facilitate living condition of patients, and contributes to the consolidation of health care providers and the public addressing health care issues. In addition, the journal provides professional and legal support to specialists engaged in the field of medical and social rehabilitation and palliative care.
This journal is included in the SAC of Ukraine (State Attestation/ Certification Commission) list as a specialized scientific edition for publication of the original research results by authors prior to be awarded the advanced academic degrees (PhD, Doctor of Medical Sciences)
ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING
In the process of registration at the Institute for Information Recording of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, under registration in Ukrainian abstract dat abase (Україніка наукова). Articles of the journal are assigned digital object identifier (DOI) at CrossRef.
AIMS AND SCOPES
Dissemination of information on actual issues in palliative medicine in medical and public communities, that relates to contemporary issues of national health care; realization and development of an integrated cross-sectoral assistance to seriously ill patients.
EDITORIAL BOARD AND EDITORIAL COUNCIL
Knyazevych V.M. – doctor of medicine, professor, chairman of Ukrainian public organization”Ukrainian League to promote palliative and hospice care”, head of the department of Public Health Care Management of National academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine
Moiseyenko R.O. – doctor of medicine, professor, head of the department of Pediatric Neurology and Medical Social Rehabilitation of National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education by P.L.Shupik, deputy chairman of Ukrainian public organization”Ukrainian League to promote palliative and hospice care”, Honoured Doctor of Ukraine.
Hubskyy Yu.I. – doctor of medicine, professor, corresponding member National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, head of the department of palliative and hospice medicine of National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education by P.L.Shupik, deputy chairman of Ukrainian public organization”Ukrainian League to promote palliative and hospice care”, Honoured Doctor of Ukraine.
Tsarenko A.V. – PhD, associate professor of the department of palliative and hospice medicine of National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education by P.L.Shupik
General director of the Group of companies MedExpert, LLC
Antypkin Yu.H (Kyiv)
Voronenko Yu.V. (Kyiv)
Hrechanina O.Ya. (Kharkiv)
Hubenko I.Ya (Cherkasy)
Detsyk O.Z. (Ivano-Frankivsk)
Donskaya S.B. (Kyiv)
Kolesnik O.O. (Kyiv)
Kolupayeva A.A. (Kyiv)
Lisnyy I.I. (Kyiv)
Martynyuk V.Yu. (Kyiv)
Matyukha L.F. (Kyiv)
Mishchenko T.S. (Kyiv)
Pinchuk I.Ya. (Kyiv)
Riga O.O. (Kharkiv)
Sluhotska I.V. (Ivano-Frankivsk)
Priest Ihor Boyko (Lviv)
Babov K.D. (Odesa)
Boltivets S.I. (Kyiv)
Hoyda N.H. (Kyiv)
Hlumcher F.S. (Kyiv)
Нubertus fon Foss (Germany)
Hlushko L.V. (Ivano-Frankivsk)
Kozyavkin V.I. (Kyiv)
Korzh O.M. (Kyiv)
Maksymenko S.D. (Kyiv)
Misyak S.A. (Kyiv)
Myasoyedov S.D. (Kyiv)
Miklosh Lukash (Hungary)
Netyazhenko V.Z. (Kyiv)
Omelchenko L.I. (Kyiv)
Palchyk A.B. (Russia)
Semyhina T.V. (Kyiv)
Stadnyuk L.A. (Kyiv)
Khrystyna de Valden-Halushko (Poland)
Khuseynov Z.Kh. (Tadzhykystan)
Tsialkovska-Ryzh O. (Poland)
Shafer Yudit (Hungary)
Shekera O.H. (Kyiv)
Chaykovska V.V. (Kyiv)
Cherenko S.O. (Kyiv)
Yakovenko I.V. (Kyiv)
Yastremska S.O. (Ternopil)
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
The journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public, supports a greater global exchange of knowledge under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC). Users can read, download, copy and disseminate content for educational and scientifical purposes with the saving of authorship.
The journal is published in Ukrainian, Russian and English languages.
The journal publishes the results of original research, problematic and controversial articles; summeries of workshops, conferences, symposiums and congresses; activities on rehabilitation and palliative medicine; literature reviews, lectures, reviews of books, monographs, textbooks, etc., informs readers about the pharmaceutical novelties and achievements in the field of domestic and foreign innovations.
Every manuscript submitted to the journal is subject to peer-review process (double blinded) by the Editorial Board, considered and recommended by the Scienctific Council of the National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education by P.L. Shupyk.
Manuscripts are subject to editing and reduction, if required, without any changes in author style of presentation.
Statements and opinions expressed in such articles are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Editors or Editorial Board of the journal.
Authenticity of the information in the articles, the accuracy of titles, names and citations are the author responsibility as well as plagiarism in submitted manuscripts.
PROCESS AND ORDER OF PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Once a manuscript is submitted for publication as a hard copy by mail, it is registered (date of registration) and is subject to double blind peer review, neither the authors nor the reviewers do not know each other. All submitted manuscripts are assessed by the editor(s) for suitability for the review process. The average time of the reviewing process is 3 weeks.
Manuscripts that are sent for formal review typically go to 2 referees who are appointed by the editorial board. Based on their advice, the editor decides to:
– accept the manuscript, with or without minor revision
– invite the authors to revise the manuscript to address specific concerns before a final decision is reached
– or reject the manuscript, typically on grounds of specialist interest, lack of novelty, insufficient conceptual advance or major technical and/or interpretational problems.
The result of the review is based on the offered recommendations of the reviewers and decision of the editor on publication of the article is final.
In the case of a positive result of the review, the manuscript is sent to the editor for further processing and publication.
If necessary, the manuscript is sent to the author for revision in accordance with the recommendations of the reviewer. Revised manuscript sent for re-review.
In the case of the negative results of the review, the author receives the information that the article is not accepted for publication with motivated refusal. The manuscript is not returned to the author.
Journal editors treat the submitted manuscript and all communication with authors and referees as confidential. Authors must also treat communication with the journal as confidential: correspondence with the journal, reviewers' reports and other confidential material must not be posted on any website or otherwise publicised without prior permission from the editors, whether or not the submission is eventually published.
TOPICS OF PUBLICATIONS
All articles in the journal are distributed to the main headings:
– Actual topic
– Organization of palliative and rehabilitative care
– Proceedings of conferences
– Discussing the projects
• PERINATOLOGIYA I PEDIATRIYA publishes original research, clinical observations, and special feature articles in the field of perinatology, neonatology, and pediatrics, as broadly defined. Contributions pertinent to above mentioned also include related fields such as nutrition, surgery, public health, child health services, gastroenterology, immunology, nephrology, allergic and respiratory diseases, etc.
• PERINATOLOGIYA I PEDIATRIYA considers manuscripts in the following categories: reports of original research, particularly clinical research; review articles, and case reports, etc. While preparing a manuscript for PERINATOLOGIYA I PEDIATRIYA, authors should determine the manuscript type and then prepare manuscript according to the specific instructions presented below.
• Components of regular article include: introduction (wider context that generated the study and the hypothesis based on the literature datа no older then 5-7 years), objective, materials and methods, results and discussions (presenting the data in text, tables and figures with statistical analysis, interpretation and significance of the findings), conclusions with indications of the future research direction, acknowledgements, conflict of interest, references.
• Authors are responsible for the accuracy of references. Only papers directly related to the article should be cited. Citations should be numbered in alphabetical order. Papers in press and papers already submitted for publication may be included in the list of references but no citation is required for work that is not yet submitted for publication.
• First page indicates UDC (left side), paper title (capital letters), author names (initials and family name), institutional name, city, country. Last page must contain signatures of all authors, full author’s names, their scientific degree and titles, job position, full institutional mailing addresses, numbers of telephones. Must be indicated the contact person.
• All manuscripts must adhere to the following format: manuscript text are typed on computer in Microsoft Word or RTF file (Times New Roman font, size 12, black, double-spaced, page margins: left – 25mm, right – 10mm, up and down – 20mm) and submitted on electronic storage device. Illustration (tables ,figures) should be supplied in a separate electronic file.
• The length of original article should not exceed 8 pages including abstract, text, tables, illustrations, and references, review articles or systematic reviews – 12 pages, case reports, commentaries – 7 pages. The references in original articles should not exceed 20 sources and in review articles – 50 sources.
• The manuscript should contain the abstracts in Ukrainian, Russian and English. The abstract should be self-contained and citation-free. A structured abstract is required for original articles and a standard abstract format is required for other types of articles. An abbreviated unformatted abstract is preferred for case presentations and review articles. The structured abstract should be lim ited to 200-250 words, under the following headings: objective, materials and methods, results, conclusions and key words. All titles of headings should be highlighted.
• The manuscript must be accompanied with the official letter from the institution wh ere the research was carried out singed by institutional authorities (research advisor), and expert conclusion indicating the possibility for publishing.
ADVANTAGES FOR AUTHORS
articles are assigned a digital object identifier (DOI)
submission of articles are free of charge;
publication of articles either on Ukrainian, English or Russian languages;
journal are made freely available in electronic ver sion (open access );
time between submission and publication made up 2-3 weeks
circulation of journal – 6 issues a year;
possibility of electronic submission of articles through convenient website;
compliance of printed and electronic version of articles with international standards of excellent;
attention, concern and communication to authors from publisher staff
INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISERS
Concerning accommodation of an advertising please contact to the publishing house : +38 044 498 08 80 (34) Irina Arestovich
Group of companies «MedEkspert»
Address for correspondence: 04211, Ukraine, Kyiv, p/b 80
Tel/fax: +38 044 498 0834; +38 044 498 0880.
Е- mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org