- Optimization of the treatment of allergic enterocolitis in young children
Optimization of the treatment of allergic enterocolitis in young children
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2018.5(93):49-53; doi 10.15574/SP.2018.93.49
Hayduchyk G. A.
SI «Lukyanova Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
Objective: to study the efficacy of leukotriene receptor antagonist (LTRA) usage in young children with allergic enterocolitis (AEC).
Materials and methods. In total 46 young children with AEC were examined. The main group consisted of 20 children who were administered LTRA Milukante for 3 months at a dose of 4 mg (one lozenge once in the evening) as part of comprehensive therapy, and a comparison group included 26 children receiving standard therapy. General clinical, immunological, allergic and statistical methods of investigation were used.
Results. The administration of LTRA in the comprehensive treatment of young children with AEC led to a significant decrease in the frequency and severity of gastrointestinal, skin and respiratory manifestations. There was a statistically reliable decrease in the eosinophilic cathionic protein and IL-5 in serum of the main group during the follow-up treatment as compared to the children of comparison group.
Conclusions. The clinical efficiency of the leukotriene receptor antagonist, lack of side effects and allergic reactions, demonstrate feasibility of its inclusion in comprehensive therapy of AEC in young children.
Key words: children, allergic enterocolitis, leukotriene receptor antagonist, montelukast, Milukante.
1. Allergicheskie zabolevaniya u detey i okruzhayuschaya sreda (2005). Pod red. Revyakinoy VA, Netrebenko ON. Moskva: 237.
2. Besh LV, Nedelska SM. (2016). Vybrani pytannia dytiachoi alerholohii. Lviv: Kameniar: 116.
3. Zaykov SV, Grishilo PV, Varitskaya AA. (2016). Allergicheskiy rinit i eozinofilnyiy ezofagit kak vozmozhnyie komorbidnyie zabolevaniya. Zdorovia Ukrainy: 43–45.
4. Macharadze DSh. (2013). Klinicheskie osobennosti pischevoy allergii u detey. Pediatriya. 92; 3: 110–116.
5. Okhotnikova OM. (2015). Hastrointestinalna forma kharchovoi alerhii u ditei — aktualna problema suchasnosti. Zdorove rebenka. 1(60): 29–35.. 1(60): 29–35.
6. Umanets TR, Shadrin OG et al. (2015). The main provisions of the guideline for the management of patients with the cow's milk allergy. Part III — diagnostics of cow's milk allergy. Sovremennaya pediatriya. 3(67): 20–28. doi 10.15574/SP.2015.67.20
7. Shadrin OG, Gayduchik GA et al. (2015). Optimization of treatment of gastrointestinal food allergy in infants. Perinatologiya i pediatriya. 3(63): 84–88. doi 10.15574/PP.2015.63.84
8. Shadrin OH, Haiduchyk HA. (2017). Shchodo zastosuvannia antyhistaminnykh zasobiv u ditei rannoho viku z alerhiieiu do bilkiv koroviachoho moloka. Zdorovia Ukrainy: 30–31.
9. Shadrin OH, Niankovskyi SL, Dobrianskyi DO ta in. (2014). Osoblyvosti diahnostyky ta pidkhody do likuvalno-profilaktychnoho kharchuvannia ditei rannoho viku z alerhiieiu do bilka koroviachoho moloka. Metod. rekom. Kyiv: 28.
Article received: Mar 18, 2018. Accepted for publication: Sep 13, 2018.