- The oldest evolutionary mechanism by pregnancy
The oldest evolutionary mechanism by pregnancy
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.3(129):89–91; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.129.89
Leush S. St., Zagorodnia O. S., Osadchuk S. V., Demianenko A. S.
Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv
Perinatal center of Kiev
The article deals with the role of acid-base balance as the most evolutionarily long-standing mechanism of homeostasis regulation and its features by pregnancy.
The objective: to determine the features of acid-base balance in pregnant women with vomiting in first trimester.
Materials and methods. 109 pregnant women in the first and second trimester were examined, they were divided into 2 groups – 58 pregnant women in the first trimester had vomiting with different degrees of severity, and 51 pregnant women in group II had no complains in first trimester. In all subjects twice, in terms of 10–11 and 20–21 weeks, the hydrogen index, the concentration of carbonate-ion and the partial pressure of CO2 in the plasma were determined.
Results. It is proved by biochemical calculations, that the statistically unlikely shift of Ph to the alkaline reaction observed with the progression of pregnancy is based on a significant difference in the absolute concentration of hydrogen ions. These changes are necessary for the adequate transport of ions through the membranes of the developing placental system. Despite the loss of electrolytes in women with early gestosis, these changes do not go beyond the limits of physiological.
Conclusion. 1. Pregnant patients with vomiting during first weeks of pregnancy, despite the loss of fluid and electrolytes, maintain the stability of the acid-base balance with a slight tendency to alkalosis. 2. Pregnant women without first trimester complains do not have described moderate plasma alkalisation, whose physiological role requires further observation and research.
Key words: concentration of hydrogen ions, alkalosis, vomiting in first pregnancy trimester.
1. Vander A. 2000. Fiziologiya pochek. Per. s angl. Pod red. akad. YuV Natochina. SPb, «Piter»:256.
2. Ganong VF. 2002. Fiziolohiia liudyny: Pidruchnyk. Pereklad z anhl. Nauk. red. perekladu M. Hzhehotskyi, V. Shevchuk, O. Zaiachkivska. Lviv, BaK:784. (na 671 storintsi)
3. Gorn MM, Heytts UI, Sveringen PL. 2000. Vodno-elektrolitnyiy i kislotno-osnovnoy balans (kratkoe rukovodstvo). Per. s angl. SPb, Nevskiy Dialekt:320.
4. Zharovskyi FH, Pylypenko AT, Piatnytskyi IV. 1982. Analitychna khimiia. K, Vyshcha shkola:232.
5. Leush SSt, Demianenko AS, Zahorodnia OS. 2017. Elektrolitni zrushennia u vahitnykh z rannim hestozom. Visnyk problem biolohii i medytsyny Vyp. 1(135):145–148.
6. Teoriya i praktika intensivnoy terapii. Pod red.. Vargi P, Btazh S, Dzhachinto M, Sela K. Per. s veng. K, Zdorov’ya. 1983:720.
7. Higgins K. 2008. Rasshifrovka klinicheskih laboratornyih analizov. Per. s angl.; pod red. prof. VL Emanuelya. 3-e izd., ispr. M, BINOM. Laboratoriya znaniy:376
8. Sheyman D. 2001. Patofiziologiya pochki. Per. s angl. SPb, Nevskiy Dialekt:206.
9. Emanuel VL. 2003. Laboratornaya diagnostika zabolevaniy pochek. SPb, Izd-vo SPbGMU:277.