- Obesity in woman as a reason of reproductive problems
Obesity in woman as a reason of reproductive problems
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.10(126):34–38; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.126.34
Zhabchenko І., Sudmak О., Kovalenko T.
SI «Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, NAMS of Ukraine», Kiev
Obesity is a widespread problem among reproductive age women in the modern World. The percent of this disease continues to increase. Adipose tissue is a hormonal-active organ and it produces variety of hormones, which includes the reproductive ones, causes hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance, produces excessive amount of cytokines et cetera. Obesity is often accompanied by ovarian failure, infertility, low pregnancy onset frequencies, early terms loss of embryo, fetal congenital anomalies and increases the pregnancy, labor and postpartum’s complications frequency. As the result, the main method of reproductive function restoration become an assistant reproductive technologies, which together with obesity have increased FCG meaning during ovarian stimulation, fewer gathered ovocyte quantity, decreased estradiol concentration in the blood serum which leads to the decreased levels of pregnancy onsets and increased rates of the early pregnancy loss as the result.
That is why the questions of preconceptal preparations and remedial measures during whole pregnancy and postpartum period are out of importance.
Key words: obesity, body mass index, infertility, auxiliary reproductive technologies, in vitro fertilization, pregnancy.
1. Ahmedova ShU, Sadykova DSh. 2017. Pathogenetic aspects of menstrual dysfunction in women with obesity (literature review). Novosti mediciny i farmacii. 617:43–48.
2. Ahmetov AS. 2002. Obesity – the epidemic of the XXI century. Terapevt. arh. 74;10:5–7.
3. Bajramova MA. 2012. Optimization of tactics of management of pregnant women with obesity. Dis. kand. m. n. 14.01.01: 132.
4. Balkarov I, Moiseev S, Fomin V, Krasnova E. 2004. Obesity: therapeutic aspects of the problem. 9:6–9.
5. Belovol AN, Knjaz'kova II. 2013. Obesity: therapeutic approaches to the management of patients. Medicinskie aspekty zdorov'ja zhenshhiny 2(65):30–38.
6. Berehanova RR, Hripunova GI. 2007. Peculiarities of pregnancy and delivery in patients with obesity. Akush. i gin. 6:9–12.
7. Veropotveljan PN, Cehmistrenko IS, Veropotveljan NP. 2017. Impact of obesity on reproductive function: a new approach to the solution of old problems. Zhіnochij lіkar. 1(69):56–59.
8. Veropotveljan PN, Veropotveljan NP, Kapalina ON, Goruk PO. 2012. Habitual pregnancy loss in patients with overweight, burdened heredity. Zbіrnik naukovih prac. Asocіacіja akusherіv-gіnekologіv Ukrainy: 70–73.
9. Vygivs'ka LM, Nykonjuk TR. 2017. Etiopathogenetic aspects of the I trimester course of pregnancy in women after assisted reproductive technologies. Zdorov'e zhenshhiny 4(120):98–101.
10. Vigіvs'ka LM, Benjuk VO. 2015. Prevention of perinatal complications of assisted reproductive technologies. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac' asociacii' akusheriv-ginekologiv Ukrai'ny. 2(36):30–33.
11. Voronenko NJu, Islamova GO, Ganzhyj IJu. 2013. The role of adipose tissue in the pathogenesis of polycystic ovary syndrome. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac'. Asociacija akusheriv-ginekologiv Ukrainy :56–61.
12. Goncharuk NP, Kovyda NR. 2017. Optimization approaches to the delivery of women who became pregnant after application of the medical programs of auxiliary reproductive technologies. Zdorove zhenshhiny 4(120):123–125.
13. Dyndar OA, Nykonjuk TR. 2016. Diagnostic determinants of the functional state of the fetoplacental complex in pregnant women with obesity and metabolic syndrome. Zdorove zhenshhiny 2(108):90–94.
14. Dyndar OA. 2017. Features of metabolic and hormonal abnormalities in women with the metabolic syndrome pregrada stage. Zdorove zhenshhiny 4(120):57–61.
15. Dyndar OA, Benjuk VO, Nykonjuk TR. 2016. Prediction of perinatal complications in women with obesity and metabolic syndrome. Zdorove zhenshhiny 4(110):163–167.
16. Duka JuM. 2015. Peculiarities of the postnatal period, depending on the body mass of the pregnant woman. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac' asociacii' akusheriv-ginekologiv Ukrainy 2(36):87–91.
17. Zhabchenko IA, Kovalenko TM, Sjudmak OR. 2016. Obstetric risks of pregnant women with obesity and ways to minimize them. Zdorov’ja Ukrainy 3:27–29.
18. Zhabchenko IA, Bondarenko OM, Skrypchenko NJa. 2004. Peculiarities of pregnancy and delivery in women with uterine leiomyoma and obesity. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac' «Aktual'ni pytannja medychnoi' nauky ta praktyky». Zaporizhzhja, Dyke Pole. 67;1:266–272.
19. Kabanova NV. 2000. Features of pathogenesis and intensive therapy of hypertension in pregnant women. avtoref. dys. d.m.n.: 14.01.30. 37.
20. Kaliman VP, Palamarchuk OA. 2008. Structural and metabolic bases of diagnostics and correction of gestational diabetes. Trudy Krymskogo gos. med. un-ta im. S.I. Georgievskogo. 144;IV:128–129.
21. Kamynskyj VV. 2005. Epidemiology, health risk, classification and forms of distribution of adipose tissue. Liky Ukrainy 2:37–41.
22. Kamins'kyj VV, Shvec' OV, Gervazjuk OI. 2015. The peculiarities of nutrition of pregnant women. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac' asociacii' akusher-ginekologiv Ukrainy. 2(36):117–122.
23. Kovaleva JuV. 2014. The role of obesity in the development of menstrual and reproductive function. Rossijskij vestnik akushera-ginekologa 14;2:43–51.
24. Kovalenko T. M. 2012. Physical rehabilitation for treatment of pregnant women with obesity. Avtoref. dys.kand. n. 24.00.03.: 36-38, 96-99.
25. Kondratjuk VK, Nikitina IM, Kondratjuk KO, Dzjuba GA. 2016. Hyperprolipherative syndrome in gynecology and obesity. Reproduktyvna endokrynologija 6(32):59–61.
26. Kuzin AI, Lengin JuA. 2011. Metabolic syndrome: clinical and populational aspects. Cheljabinsk: Izdatel'stvo «ZAO «Cheljabinskaja mezhrajonnaja tipografija»: 120.
27. Kulakov VI, Korneeva IE. 2002. Modern approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of female infertility. Akusherstvo i ginekologija 2:56–59.
28. Lubjanko EA. 2014. Metabolic syndrome: a modern view. Vestnik ugrovedenija. 1(16):154–158.
29. Mellina IM, Tutchenko LI, Gudymenko AA. 2008. Obesity. Modern ideas about the problem. The significance of overweight for pregnancy, state of fetus and newborn (review of literature). Reproduktivnoe zdorov'e zhenshhiny 1:24–28.
30. Milica KN, Sorokina IV, Miroshnichenko MS, Pliten' ON. 2015. Histopathological features of adipose tissue subcutaneous fat and omentum in individuals with metabolic syndrome and obesity. Ohrana materinstva i detstva. 2(26):45–49.
31. Milovanov AP. 2005. Pathology of the system mother-placenta-fetus. M:230.
32. Nakaz MOZ Ukrai'ny № 417 vid 15.07.2011 «On organization of outpatient obstetric-gynecological care». K. 2011.
33. Ovchar IV. 2011. Carbohydrate metabolism in women with infertility and obesity. Contemporary perinatal medical technologies in solving problems of demographic security: sb. nauch. tr.: 146–149.
34. Oprishko VI, Nosivec DS. 2016. Innovations and trends in clinical pharmacology vaginal forms of progestin. Medicinskie aspekty zdorov'ja zhenshhiny 5(102):55–61.
35. Ostafijchuk SO. 2015. Analysis of obstetric and perinatal complications in women with morbid weight gain. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac' asociaci'i' akusher-ginekologiv Ukrai'ny. 2(36):180–184.
36. Pan'kiv VI. 2006. Obesity as a health and social problem. Prakt. angiologija. 4:36–42.
37. Prilepskaja VN. 2013. Obesity in the practice of obstetrician-gynecologist. Akush. i gin. 5:59–61.
38. Sedleckij JuI. 2007. Modern methods of treatment of obesity. Rukovodstvo dlja vrachej. SPb., «JeLBI_SPb»: 28–38.
39. Sidelnikova VM. 2006. Habitual pregnancy loss. М:36-39.
40. Tarasenko KV. 2012. TNF-α – trigger of insulin resistance in pregnant women with obesity. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac' Asociacii' akusheriv-ginekologiv Ukrai'ny. Kyiv, Poligraf pljus: 397–400.
41. Tarasenko KV. 2015. The rationale for metabolic therapy of obstetric complications in pregnant women with obesity. Mezhdunarodnyi zhurnal pedyatrii, akusherstva i gynekologii. 7;3:68–78.
42. Tereshhenko IV. 2002. The endocrine function of adipose tissue and problems in the treatment of obesity. Klinicheskaja medicina. 7:9–14.
43. Pharmacotherapy of obesity. Clinical practical guidelines of the endocrine society USA. Almanah reproduktivnogo zdorovya 2015:196–202.
44. Filippov OS, Kazanceva AA. 2003. The prognostic significance of various methods of diagnostics of fetoplacental insufficiency. Problemy reprodukcii 3:44–49.
45. Chajka VK, Arar Faid AI, Babenko OM. 2012. Features of carbohydrate metabolism in women with PCOS and different types of obesity. Zbirnyk naukovyh prac'. Asociacija akusheriv-ginekologiv Ukrainy: 423–425.
46. Belosi C, Guiliani M, Suriano R et al. 2009. Diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome. Minerva Ginecol. 56;1:7-13.
47. Boney CM, Verma A, Tucker R et al. 2005. Metabolic syndrome in childhood: association with birth weight, maternal obesity, and gestational diaetes mellitus. Pediatrics. 115;3:290–296. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2004-1808; PMid:15741354
48. Chu SY, Callaghan WM, Kim SY, Schmid CH et al. 2007. Maternal obesity and risk of gestational diabetes mellitus: A meta-analysis. Diabetes Care 6. https://doi.org/10.2337/dc06-2559a
49. Dietl J. 2005. Maternal obesity and complications during pregnancy. J. Perinatal. Med. 33;2:100–105. https://doi.org/10.1515/JPM.2005.018
50. Hajer G, Visseren FLJ. 2008. Adipose tissue dysfunction in obesity, diabetes, and vascular diseases. European Heart Journal. 29:2959–2971. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehn387; PMid:18775919
51. Jevitt C. 2009. Pregnancy complicated by obesity: midwifery management. J. Midwifery Womens Health. 54(6):445–451. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmwh.2009.02.002; PMid:19879516
52. Jungheim ES, Travieso JL, Hopeman MM. 2013. Weighing the impact of obesity on female reproductive function and fertility. Nutrition Reviews 71:3–8. https://doi.org/10.1111/nure.12056; PMid:24147921 PMCid:PMC3813308
53. Matsumoto T, Mugishima H. 2011. Signal transduction via vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptors and their roies in atherogenesis. Atheroscier. Thromb. 13(3):130-135. https://doi.org/10.5551/jat.13.130
54. Metwally М, Li TC, Ledger WL. 2007. The impact of obesity on female reproductive function. Obesity reviews: 515–523.
55. Norman JE. 2010. The adverse effects of obesity on reproduction. Reproduction. 140(3):343–345. https://doi.org/10.1530/REP-10-0297; PMid:20802106
56. Fedorcsák P, Dale PO, Storeng R, Ertzeid G, Bjercke S, Oldereid N, Omland AK, Åbyholm T, Tanbo T. 2004. Impact of overweight and underweight on assisted reproduction treatment. Human Reproduction. 19;11:2523–2528. https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deh485; PMid:15319380
57. Rosmond R, Bjorntorp P. 1998. The interactions between I-Lypotha-lamic-pituitari-adrcnal axis activity, testosteronc, insulib-like growth factor I and abdominal obesity with metabolism and blood pressure in men. Int. J. Obesity. 22;12:1184–1196. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijo.0800745
58. Wojcicki JM, Heyman MB. 2010. Let’s Move – childhood obesity prevention from pregnancy and infancy onward. New Engl. J. Med. 362(16):1457–1459. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp1001857; PMid:20393165 PMCid:PMC3250598