- Non-hospital pneumonia in children: problems of diagnostics at the out-patient stage
Non-hospital pneumonia in children: problems of diagnostics at the out-patient stage
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2019.1(97):113-116; doi 10.15574/SP.2019.97.113
Mokiya-Serbina S. A., Zabolotnya N. I., Gordeeva A. A.
Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Krivoy Rog
CE «Krivoy Rog City Clinical Hospital No.8» DRC», Ukraine
Diagnosis of community-acquired pneumonia in outpatient practice continues to be a difficult task. To date, doctors have to deal with both hyper- and under-diagnostics, late hospitalization of children. The authors highlight the main criteria for pneumonia in Ukraine and other countries of the world and, propose a unification of the criteria for effective disease registration, possibilities of using world-wide diagnostic and treatment methods.
Key words: diagnostics, community-acquired pneumonia, outpatient practice.
1. Bakradze MD, Gadlija DD, Rogova OA, Hohlova TA, Tatochenko VK. (2015). About problems of diagnostics and treatment of pneumonia in children. Pediatricheckaja farmakologija. 12: 354—359. doi 10.15690 (pf.v.12 i 3.1365).
2. Outpatient pneumonia in children: prevalence, diagnosis, treatment and prevention. Scientific and practical program. (2011). Мoscow: 63.
3. WHO. (2006). Providing inpatient care to children. Pocket Guide. 2nd ed.: 404.
4. Zakirov II, Sofina AI. (2012). Criteria diagnosis of community-acquired pneumonia and of treatment in children. Pediatrija.7(62): 32–37.
5. Kozlov RS, Krechikova OI, Mironov KO et al. (2013). Results of the prevalence study in Russia of community-acquired pneumonia and acute otitis media in children under 5 years of age (Papirus). The role of S.pneumoniae and H.influenzae in the etiology of these diseases. Klin. Mikrobiologija i Antimikrob. Himioter. 15: 246—260.
6. Majdannik V, Yemchynska Ye. (2013). Clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of community acquired pneumonia in children. Kyiv: 32.
7. MOZ Ukraїni. (2017). Annual report on the health status of the population, the sanitary and epidemiological situation and the results of the health care system of Ukraine. 2016 year. Kyiv: 516.
8. Perina AA, Zaplatnikov AA, Kovaleva AV, Kurganskaja AJu, Logacheva TS. (2018). Hyperdiagnosis of community-acquired pneumonia in children and ways to overcome it. Pediatrija. 97(2): 51—54.
9. Pulmonology. National Leadership. (2013). Edited by academician RAMS A. Chuchalin. Мoscow: 768.
10. Unified clinical protocol for primary care "Integrated management of childhood diseases". (2016). Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine from 12.05.2016 No.438 http://www.moz.gov.ua.
11. Bradley JS, Byington CL, Shah SS et al. (2011). The management of community-acquired pneumonia in infants and children older than 3 months of age: clinical practice guidelines by the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society and the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis. 53; 7: 25—76. https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/cir531; https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/cir625
12. Harris M, Clark J, Coote N et al. (2011). British Thoracic Society guidelines for the management of community acquired pneumonia in children: update 2011. Thorax. 66; 2: 1—23. https://doi.org/10.1136/thoraxjnl-2011-200598.
13. Le Saux N, Robinson JL. (2011). Pneumonia in healthy Canadian children and youth: Practice points for management. Paediatrics & child health. 16; 7: 417—420. https://doi.org/10.1093/pch/16.7.417; PMid:22851898 PMCid:PMC3200392
14. Mokiya-Serbina SA, Zabolotnyaya NI, Gordyeyeva AA. (2017). Problems of antibiotic therapy of community-acquired pneumonia in children of early and preschool age. Europejska nauka XXI powieka — 2017. 10: 11—13.
15. WNO Pneumococcal Vaccine Trial Investrgation Grop. Standardization of interpretation of chest radiographs for the diagnosis of pneumonia in children. http://www.who.int/lulletin/Volumes83/5/353.pdf
Article received: Oct 17, 2018. Accepted for publication: Jan 30, 2019.