- A new view on the diagnosis of purulent-inflammatory diseases after childbirth
A new view on the diagnosis of purulent-inflammatory diseases after childbirth
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.9(125):22–26; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.125.22
Bulavenko O. V., Ostapyuk L. R., Rud V. O., Voloshinovskii A. S., Malyi T. S.
Vinnitsa National Medical University named after MI Pirogov
Lviv National University named I.Franko
Postpartum infectious diseases are ranked second (WHO, 2016) in the structure of maternal mortality and complicate postpartum period. Most of the existing methods allow to diagnose diseases in the presence of an already deployed clinical picture.
The objective: of the work is to improve the diagnosis and prediction of pospartum endometritis by applying the method of fluorescence spectroscopy.
Materials and methods. The main group is -120 women in the postpartum period with postpartum endometritis, the control group is 38 women with uncomplicated postpartum period. A study of their blood serum was carried out using the method of fluorescence spectroscopy.
Results. Within the framework of the study, independent prognostic factors of the emergence of postpartum endometritis are inflammatory diseases of the lower department of the genital tract (p=0.01), abnormalities of labor (p=0.006) and TORCH infections (p=0.001). True markers for diagnosis of postpartum endometritis are the reduction in blood serum fluorescence intensity (IF) (p<0.0001) and the shift in magnitude lmax to the long-wave region (p=0.007).
Conclusion. The use of spectrum-fluorescent blood serum markers in the comprehensive diagnosis of postpartum endometritis allows to diagnose reliably thе onset and to predict the course of the disease, including the treatment process.
Key words: endometritis, postpartum purulent inflammatory diseases, method of fluorescence spectroscopy.
1. Bulavenko OV, Ostapiuk LR, Rud VO et al. 2015. Aprobation of the method of fluorescent spectroscopy for the diagnostics of the purulent-septic complications after the labor. Reports of Vinnytsia national medical university 19(1):161-167.
2. Boichuk AV. 2015. Mixed infection in obstetrics and gynecology and modern approaches to treatment. Medytsyna neotlozhnуkh sostoianiі. 6(69):92-95.
3. Bulavenko OV, Ostapiuk LR. 2011. Urgency postnatal diagnosis of septic complications in modern obstetrics. Visnyk morfolohii 17(3):666-669.
4. Improvement of early diagnostics of purulent-septic complications. 2014. Tekst: informatsiinyi lyst. NI Pirogov Vinnytsia National Medical University: 4.
5. Bulavenko OV, Ostapiuk LR, Rud VO et al. 2015. Diagnosis of postpartum purulent-septic complications by fluorescence spectroscopy. Zdorove zhenshchynу 4(100):63-65.
6. Savchyn VS, Ostapiuk LR, Voloshynovskyi AV et al. 2016. Application of the method of fluorescence spectroscopy in the diagnosis of endogenous intoxication with burn injury. Klinichna khirurhiуa 6:68-70.
7. Bulavenko OV, Ostapiuk LR, Rud VO et al. 2016. Justification of the feasibility of using the fluorescence spectroscopy method in the complex diagnosis of postpartum endometritis. Zdorove zhenshchynу 3(109):71-75.
8. Herych ID, Bulavenko OV, Ostapiuk LR, Voloshynovskyi AS, Miahkota SV. 2013. Method for early diagnosis of septic complications by the method of fluorescence spectroscopy. Pat. Ukraine 76953 A61V 1700 G01N 3348, G01N 2164. Applicant and patentee Vinnytsia National Medical University 201207441. 2.
9. Herych ID, Ostapiuk LR, Vashchuk VV. 2009. Prospects for the diagnosis of sepsis and purulent-septic complications: the method of fluorescence spectroscopy. Visnyk Ukrainskoi medychnoi stomatolohichnoi akademii 9(1):248-256.
10. Zaporozhan VP, Myshchenko VP, Rudenko YV. 2012. Prevention of placental dysfunction from the standpoint of the individual peculiarities of the female body. Zdorove zhenshchynу 9(75):114-117.
11. Herych ID, Ostapiuk LR, Vashchuk VV. 2012. Spectral-luminescent markers of verification, severity and prognosis of acute inflammatory abdominal pathology. Halytskyi likarskyi visnyk. 19(3-2):25-27.
12. Tarasiuk OK. 2015. Abdominal delivery in modern obstetrics. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats asotsiatsii akusher-hinekolohiv Ukrainy. 2(36):276-277.
13. Herych ID, Bulavenko OV, Ostapiuk LR, Voloshynovskyi AS, Miahkota SV. 2015. Fluorescent Spectroscopy: ability to use in medical practice. Liha-Pres: 366.
14. Acosta CD, Kurinczuk JJ, Lucas DN. 2014. Severe maternal sepsis in the UK, 2011-2012: a national case-control study. PLoS Med. 11(7):e1001672. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1001672; PMid:25003759 PMCid:PMC4086731
15. Gerych I, Bulavenko O, Ostapiuk L. 2014. Spectral-fluorescent properties of serum as a reliable marker for early diagnosis of sepsis. Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2(5):71–74. https://doi.org/10.11648/j.jgo.20140205.11
16. Subramaniam A et al. 2014. Risk factors for wound disruption following cesarean delivery J. Matern. Fetal. Neonatal. Med. 27(12):1237–1240. https://doi.org/10.3109/14767058.2013.850487; PMid:24090116