- Modern possibilities of non-hormonal correction of menopausal disorders in women in the perimenopausal period
Modern possibilities of non-hormonal correction of menopausal disorders in women in the perimenopausal period
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.9(135):95–102; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.135.95
Lutsenko N. S. , Mazur O. D. , Efimenko N. F.
SE «Zaporizhzhya Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine»
The perimenopausal period is the age of the highest spiritual and intellectual development of a woman; therefore, neurovegetative and psycho-emotional disorders of this period acquire a special medical and social value and require the search for effective and safe methods of their correction.
The objective: to evaluate the effectiveness of the drug Noofen® in women with mild to moderate menopausal disorders in the perimenopausal period.
Materials and methods. A total of 51 women were examined in the perimenopausal period: I main group – 20 patients with a low degree of CS, II main group – 16 women with menopausal disorders of moderate severity; the control group consisted of 15 healthy women. For the correction of perimenopausal disorders, the drug Noofen® («Olainfarm» Joint-Stock Company, Latvia) was used according to the scheme proposed by us. The effectiveness of non-hormonal correction of CS symptoms was assessed by the dynamics of the modified menopausal index, the characteristics of the hormonal status and the results of psychodiagnostic examination.
Results. In women of the main groups, neurovegetative (14.5±2.6 and 26.6±4.2 points in the first and second groups of observation) and psycho-emotional disorders (4.9±1.3 and 11.2±1.6 points) prevailed. respectively). Hormone levels (FSH, E2, PRL) corresponded to perimenopausal values, but were significantly different from those of the control group. Identified individual-personal properties of women with the CS, in particular introversion and emotional instability. A comparative analysis on the Spielberg-Khanin scales showed that more than half (55.0%) in the first main group and the majority (81.25%) of women in the second main group versus 33.35% in the control group (p<0.05), a high level of personal anxiety was diagnosed; the average level of situational anxiety was highest among women in group II – 54.83±6,0 points versus 43.2±5.3 points in the first group and 36.3±4.8 points in patients without menopausal disorders (p<0.05). In 24 (77.42%) women of the main group, sexual dysfunction was detected, while its degree was greatest with moderately severe climacteric disorders. Non-hormonal correction of perimenopausal disorders with the help of Noofen® helped reduce the total menopausal index and led to the disappearance of clinical manifestations of CS in 10 (50,0%) women in the first and 6 (37.5%) in the second groups. A significant decrease in the levels of personal and reactive anxiety during therapy showed a pronounced tranquilizing effect of the GAMA derivative and beta-phenylethylamine. The improvement of psycho-emotional and sexual states contributed to the improvement of the main indicators of the quality of life of patients in the perimenopausal period.
Conclusion. The results of the study showed the high efficacy of the Noofen® preparation, which can be recommended for non-hormonal correction of neurovegetative and psychoemotional disorders in women in the perimenopausal period.
Key words: perimenopause, menopausal syndrome, menopausal index, Noofen®, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, quality of life.
1. Burchinskiy SG. (2015). Vozmozhnosti kompleksnoy korrektsii regulyatornyih funktsiy tsentralnoy nervnoy sistemy pri psihosomaticheskoy patologii. Nevrologiya 2(58):100-105.
2. Burchinskiy SG. (2006). Klіmakterichniy sindrom: mozhlivostі ta perspektуvу neyrofarmakologіchnoi korektsіі. Lіkу 1-2:17-24.у
3. Vdovichenko YuP, Gurzhenko OYu. (2017). Porushennya ta printsipу dіagnostiki seksualnoi funktsіi zhіnok u perimenopauzalnomu vіtsI. Zdorove muzhchiny 4(63):84-94.
4. Dnіstryanska AP. (2014). Kompleksna korektsIya klInIchnih proyavIv perimenopauzalnogo perіodu u zhіnok. Zdorove zhenschiny 10(96):157-162.
5. Kolesnikova OV, Yaresko MV. (2015). Osoblуvostі varіabelnostі sertsevogo ritmu u zhіnok v perimenopauzі. VIsnik Vіnnitskogo natsіonalnogo unіversitetu 2;19:374-379.
6. Kolotusha VG. (2014). PsihopatologIchnI proyavi u zhіnok v perimenopauzalniy perіod ta mozhlivostі Yih korektsіі negormonalnimi metodami. Lіkу Ukrainу. Preventivna meditsina. Psihonevrologіya 3-4(179-180):16-19.
7. Kuzmіnova NV. (2015). Dіagnostika ta medikamentozna korektsііa vegetativnih rozladіv u zhіnok z arterіalnoyu gіpertenzіеyu v peri- і postmenopauzalniy perіodi. Zdorove zhenschiny 2(98):192-199.
8. Ragimova VV, Alieva EM, Sultanova SG. (2018). Osobennosti proyavleniy klimaktericheskogo sindroma u zhenschin v postmenopauzalnyiy period v sovremennyih usloviyah. Zdorove zhenschiny 1(127):68-72.
9. Raygorodskiy DYa. (2011). Prakticheskaya psihodiagnostika. Metodiki i testyi: uchebnoe posobie. Samara, Izdatelskiy Dom «BAHRAH-M».
10. Tatarchuk TF, Islamova AO, Efimenko OA. (2015). Klimaktericheskiy sindrom kak pervoe klinicheskoe proyavlenie perimenopauzyi. Reproduktivnaya endokrinologiya 1(21):52-56.
11. Tatarchuk TF, Tobi de Viliers. (2016). Natsionalnyi konsensus shchodo vedennia patsiientok u klimakterii. Reproduktyvnaia еndokrynologiіa 1(27):8-25. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.18370/2309-4117.2016.27.8-25
12. De Villiers TJ, Gass ML, Haines CJ. (2013). Global Consensus Statement on Menopausal Hormone Therapy. Climacteric. 16:203–204. https://doi.org/10.3109/13697137.2013.771520; PMid:23488524
13. Kardioplaneta. (2017).Meditsinskie programmyi. Rezhim dostupa http://cardioplaneta.ru /program/ 337-sf-36-health-status-survey.html
14. Rosen RS, Brown C, Heiman J, Leiblum SR et Meston, C. (2000). The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): a multidimensional self-report instrument for the assessment of female sexual function. J Sex Marital Ther. 26:191. https://doi.org/10.1080/009262300278597; PMid:10782451