- The modern laboratory diagnostics and management of hyperthyroidism
The modern laboratory diagnostics and management of hyperthyroidism
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.5(132):57–61; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.132.57
Pankiv V. I.
Ukrainian Scientific and Practical Center of Endocrine Surgery, Transplantation of Endocrine organs and tissues of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Kyiv
In the article the lighted up questions of etiology, pathogeny and early diagnostics of hyperthyroidism, that are based on modern international guidelines, were lighted up. The questions of differential diagnostics and role of laboratory methods are examined in the process of management of diseases that is accompanied by hyperthyroidism. Clinical presentation and given recommendations are thoroughly described from realization of curative events.
Key words: hyperthyroidism, diagnostics, clinic, treatment.
1. Ross DS, Burch HB, Cooper DS et al. 2016. American Thyroid Association Guidelines for Diagnosis and Management of Hyperthyroidism and other causes of Thyrotoxicosis. Thyroid. 26(10):1343-1421. https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2016.0229
2. De Leo S, Lee SY, Braverman LE. 2016. Hyperthyroidism. Lancet. 388(10047):906–918. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)00278-6
3. Garmendia Madariaga A, Santos Palacios S, Guillén-Grima F, Galofré JC. 2014. The incidence and prevalence of thyroid dysfunction in Europe: a meta-analysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 99:923–31. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2013-2409; PMid:24423323
4. Hollowell JG, Staehling NW, Flanders WD et al. 2002. Serum TSH, T(4), and thyroid antibodies in the United States population (1988 to 1994): National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III). J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 87:489–99. https://doi.org/10.1210/jcem.87.2.8182; PMid:11836274
5. Vejbjerg P, Knudsen N, Perrild H et al. 2009. Lower prevalence of mild hyperthyroidism related to a higher iodine intake in the population: prospective study of a mandatory iodization programme. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 71:440–45. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2008.03493.x; PMid:19067717
6. Biondi B, Bartalena L, Cooper DS et al. 2015. The 2015 European Thyroid Association Guidelines on Diagnosis and Treatment of Endogenous Subclinical Hyperthyroidism. Eur Thyroid J. 4(3):149–63. https://doi.org/10.1159/000438750.
7. Nguyen CT, Sasso EB, Barton L, Mestman JH. 2018. Graves’ hyperthyroidism in pregnancy: a clinical review. Clin Diabetes Endocrinol. 4:4. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40842-018-0054-7.
8. Alexander EK, Pearce EN, Brent GA et al. 2017 guidelines of the American Thyroid Association for the diagnosis and Management of Thyroid Disease during Pregnancy and the postpartum. Thyroid. 27:315–389. https://doi.org/10.1089/thy.2016.0457.
9. Bartalena L, Bogazzi F, Chiovato L et al. 2018. 2018 European Thyroid Association (ETA) Guidelines for the Management of Amiodarone-Associated Thyroid Dysfunction. Eur Thyroid J. 7:55–66. https://doi.org/10.1159/000486957.