- Modern approaches to the treatment of endometrioid ovarian cysts
Modern approaches to the treatment of endometrioid ovarian cysts
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.5(131):67–71
Shapoval O. S.
SI «Zaporozhye Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine»
Медицинские аспекты здоровья женщины №8 (105)’ 2016
Despite the wide range of diagnostic and treatment capabilities of solving the problem of endometrioid ovarian cysts, the recurrence rate of the disease and absence of sustained remission period after the onset of pregnancy indicate the necessity of search of new approaches to the management of this category of patients.
Study found that in patients who received conventional therapy (antibiotics and anti-adhesion therapy) at the end of treatment there was observed the initial activation of humoral immune system, indicating the need for immunocorrection. In patients who received a complex therapy with the use of immunomodulator galavit and natural onkoprotector with antiproliferative mechanism of action Indole-F, there were detected the normalization of immune homeostasis and stabilization of the processes of proliferation and apoptosis as the main etiopathogenetic links of endometrial disease. During ultrasound investigation in the dynamics after 1 and 3 months in individuals who continued to receive Indole-F in combination with hormonal therapy reducing the size of abnormal ovary formation was detected in comparison with women, who didn’t receive such treatment. Along with a favorable impact on endometriosis heterotopia Indole-F had a pronounced antiproliferative effect on hyperplastic endometrium, diagnosed before treatment in 27 % of patients. After 3 months of treatment there was no necessity to conduct a biopsy of the endometrium in this group of patients.
Key words: endometrioid ovarian cysts, reproductive age, immunocorrection, Indole-F, galavit.
1. Burlev VA, Dubinskaya ED, Gasparov AS. 2008. Peritonealnyie spayki: ot patogeneza k profilaktike. Problemyi reproduktsii 2(14):53–58.
2. Gasparyan SA, Ionova RM, Popova OS. 2015. Endometrioz i fertilnost. Klyuchevyie momentyi lecheniya. Akusherstvo, ginekologiya i reproduktsiya 4:66–72.
3. Damirov MM. 2004. Adenomioz. M, Bionorm–Press:320.
4. Ischenko IA, Kudrina EA. 2002. Endometrioz: diagnostika i lechenie. M, Geotar-Med:104.
5. Linde VA, Tatarova NA, Grishanin OI. 2008. Immunologicheskie aspektyi endometriozov. Problemy reproduktsii 14(4):74–77.
6. Peresada OA. 2009. Endometrioz: diagnosticheskie, klinicheskie, onkologicheskie i lechebnyie aspektyi. Meditsinskie novosti 14:15–26.
7. Unanyan AL, Sidorova IS, Kogan EA. 2012. Aktivnyiy i neaktivnyiy adenomioz: kliniko-morfologicheskie variantyi razvitiya, differentsirovannyiy podhod k terapii. Akusherstvo, ginekologiya i reproduktsiya 2:25–30.
8. Budinetz T, Sanfilippo JS. 2010. Treatment of endometriosis: a hormonal approach. Minerva Ginecol. 62(4):373–380.
9. Dmowski WP, Braun DP. 2004. Immunology of endometriosis. Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 18(2):245–263.
10. Kammer-Bartosinska A, Szillo K, Tchorzewski H. 2003. Innate immunity participation in the pathogenesis of endometriosis. Ginecol Pol. 74(9):595–967. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2004.02.001
11. Mancini G, Carbonare A, Henemans J. 1965. Immunochemical quantitation of antigens by single radial diffusion. Immunochemistry 2:35. https://doi.org/10.1016/0019-2791(65)90004-2
12. Song M, Karabina SA, Kartaradze N. 2003. Presence of endometrial epithelial cells in the peritoneal cavity and the mesothelial inflammatory response. Fertill Sterill. 79(1):789–794. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0015-0282(02)04836-7