- Lynn sphincterotomy as an effective method for treating children with ultrashort forms of Hirschsprung’s disease
Lynn sphincterotomy as an effective method for treating children with ultrashort forms of Hirschsprung’s disease
Paediatric Surgery.2017.3(56):100-102; doi 10.15574/PS.2017.56.100
Gonchar V. V., Gorbatyuk O. M.
Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kyiv, Ukraine
Objective: To study the efficacy of surgical correction of colon malformations – Hirschsprung’s disease with ultra-short aganglionosis by using Lynn’s method.
Material and metods. The paper presents our view on the problem of surgical treatment of ultrashort forms of Hirsprung’s disease in children with the help of the Lynn procedure. During 17 years 54 children were operated on. Children were from 6 to 17 years old.
Results. All children underwent operation of sphincterotomy according to Lynn’s method in author’s modification. Operative treatment was provided only after a detailed examination and a course of conservative treatment for at least one year. In 91% (49) patients, a good result was achieved. In 5 patients (9%) the result was considered unsatisfactory, however, previous surgical treatment did not interfere with the correction of congenital malformations by the TEРT technique.
Conclusions. Surgical treatment of ultra-short forms of Hirschsprung’s disease by using Lynn’s method can be recognized, in our opinion, as an operation of choice.
Key words: Hirschsprung’s disease, children, treatment.
1. Levin MD. (2015). Sindrom opuscheniya promezhnosti u detey: patofiziologiya i diagnostika. Vestnik rentgenol. i radiologii. 5: 27–35.
2. Lenyushkin AI. (2004). Detskaya koloproktologiya. Rukovodstvo dlya vrachey. Moskva.
3. Lenyushkin AI, Atageldyiev TA. (1984). Povtornyie operatsii na tolstoy kishke i promezhnosti u detey. Moskva, Meditsina.
4. Rivkin VL, Fayn SN, Bronshteyn AS. (2004). Rukovodstvo po koloproktologii. Moskva, Medpraktika.
5. Puchkov KV, Hubezov DA. (2005). Maloinvazivnaya hirurgiya tolstoy kishki. Moskva, Meditsina: 280.
6. Delaney CP et al. 2007. Operative techniques in laparoscopic colorectal surgery. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 179.