- Laparoscopy for treatment children with appendicular peritonitis
Laparoscopy for treatment children with appendicular peritonitis
Paediatric Surgery.2017.3(56):68-70; doi 10.15574/PS.2017.56.68
Mozhaiev Ie., Reka I. J., Visockyy I. A.
SE «Lugansk State Medical University», Rubizhne, Ukraine
The problem of diagnosis and treatment of an acute appendicitis in children despite significant progress has always been relevant in the emergency room.
Objective: to examine the treatment outcomes of destructive forms of an acute appendicitis in children operated on by laparoscopic method.
Material and methods. In the absence of contraindications, we have operated on by laparoscopic method in total 1344 children with destructive forms of acute appendicitis.
Results. The minimum traumatization of peritoneum, the reduction of the inflammatory appendicitis contact with the surrounding tissues significantly decreased the complication rate to 0.4%. Application and development of laparoscopic appendectomies safe to use for complicated forms of acute appendicitis, since treatment of appendicular peritonitis encompasses a broad surgical approach. Therefore, we believe laparoscopic appendectomy in children is the method of choice in the destructive forms of acute appendicitis and complication of peritonitis management.
Key words: children, appendicitis, peritonitis, laparoscopy.
1. Heshelin SO, Kashtalian MA, Shapovalov VIu. (2007). Porivniannia laparoskopichnoi ta vidkrytoi apendektomii: tekhnichni ta ratsionalni aspekty. Shpytalna khirurhiia. 1: 34–37.
2. Ivanov VV, Svazyan VP, Chevzhik VP et al. (2009). Laparoskopiya v lechenii destruktivnyih form ostrogo appenditsita u detey. Detskaya hirurgiya. 1: 14–17.
3. Pereiaslov AA, Dvorakevych AO, Stenyk RV et al. (2012). Laparoskopichna apendektomiia u ditei. Paediatric Surgery Ukraine. 1: 67–70.
4. Fernandez EJ, Malagon A, Arteaga О et al. (2005). Laparoendosc. Adv Surg Tech A. 15; 6: 634–637.
5. Lintula H, Kokki H, Vanamo K. (2001). Single-blind randomized clinical trial of laparoscopic versus open appendicectomy in children. Br J Surg. 88: 510–514.