- Kanefron® H in the treatment of recurrent cystitis in women of childbearing age: a randomized controlled research
Kanefron® H in the treatment of recurrent cystitis in women of childbearing age: a randomized controlled research
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.9(125):44–47; doi 10.1186/s40816-017-0046-7
Sabadash Maxim, Shulyak Alexander
Urology Institute of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev "Klinicheskaya phototherapy" (2017) 3: 9. Digital Object ID 10.1186 / s40816-017-0046-7
The objective was to study the effect of the homeopathic medicine Kanefron® H, in particular its effectiveness in preventing recurrences of cystitis caused by E. coli in women of childbearing age.
Methods. Ninety patients were randomized to two treatment groups. Patients of both groups studied (n = 45) and control (n = 45) received antibacterial therapy (fluoroquinolones) for 7 days after urine sowing. In addition, patients of both groups were given general recommendations for the prevention of cystitis (use a sufficient amount of fluid, avoid hypothermia, etc.). Patients of the study group additionally took Kanefron® H for 3 months (2 tablets three times a day).
Control examinations were performed on the 7th day, and also at 3, 6 and 12 months; In the event of a recurrent episode, the examination was carried out without delay. At each control point in time, the following symptoms of cystitis were recorded: pain in the bladder, burning and sharp pain during urination, urgent urge to urinate and frequent urination in small portions. The criteria for establishing a recurrent episode of cystitis were recurring symptoms of lower urinary tract infection, accompanied by pyuria and a positive bacteriological culture of urine.
Results. Compared with monotherapy with fluoroquinolones, the use of Kanefron H in combination with fluoroquinolones effectively reduces symptoms of cystitis after 7 days, as well as pyuria at 3, 6 and 12 months and the level of E. coli in the urine after 3 and 12 months.
At all control times, the frequency of recurrent episodes in the study group was lower than in the control group, with the difference statistically significant at 6 months (8.9% compared to 17.8%) and 12 months (15.5% compared with 35.5%). After 12 months, the average symptom score of lower urinary tract infection (LUTI) was 6 points (pі0.05) in the control group and 3 points (pі0.05) in the study group. This indicates that the relapses in the study group were less severe.
The conclusion. The use of the homeopathic medicinal product Kanefron® H is an innovative therapeutic method for alleviating the symptoms of cystitis and, in particular, reducing the incidence of recurrent episodes of cystitis.
Key words: homeopathic medicine, cystitis, pyuria, Kanefron® N.
1. Nikel Dzh K. Shoskes DA. Irvin-Berd K. 2010. Rasprostranennost i posledstviya bakteriurii i/ili infektsii mochevyvodyashchikh putey pri interstitsialnom tsistite/sindrome boleznennogo mochevogo puzyrya. Urologiya 76:799-803.
2. Gupta K. Khuton TM. Naber K Dzh i dr. 2011. Mezhdunarodnoye klinicheskoye prakticheskoye rukovodstvo po lecheniyu ostrogo neoslozhnennogo tsistita i piyelonefrita u zhenshchin: obnovlennyye dannyye Amerikanskogo obshchestva infektsionistov i Evropeyskogo obshchestva spetsialistov po mikrobiologii i infektsionnym zabolevaniyam za 2010 god. Klinicheskiye infektsionnyye zabolevaniya (Clin Infect Dis). 52(5):e103-20. https://academic.oup.com/cid/article-lookup/doi/10.1093/cid/ciq257.
3. Yokhansen TEB. Naber K Dzh. 2014. Infektsii mochevyvodyashchikh putey. Antibiotiki (Bazel) 3:375-7.
4. Grabe M. Bartoletti R. Byerklund Yokhansen TE. Kay T. Chek M. Kouvz B. Naber K Dzh. Pikard RS. Tenke P. Vagenlener F. Vullt B. Rekomendatsii EAU po lecheniyu urologicheskikh infektsiy. Evropeyskaya assotsiatsiya urologov 2015. Arnem. 2015: 1-78.
5. Stenford E. MakMerfi K. 2007. Nizkaya chastota retsidiviruyushchey bakteriurii u patsiyentov s sindromom boleznennogo mochevogo puzyrya/interstitsialnym tsistitom. nakhodyashchikhsya pod dlitelnym nablyudeniyem. Mezhdunarodnyy zhurnal uroginekologii i disfunktsii myshts tazovogo dna (Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct.) 18:551-4.
6. Abdul-Gani AS. El-Lati S Dzh. Sakaan A i dr. 1987. Protivosudorozhnoye deystviye nekotorykh arabskikh lekarstvennykh rasteniy. Mezhdunarodnyy zhurnal issledovaniy rastitelnogo syria (Int J Crude Drug Res) 25:39-43.
7. Gratsa L. Kokh G. Loffler E. 1985. Vydeleniye rozmarinovoy kisloty iz okopnika lekarstvennogo i ego protivovospalitelnoye deystviye v modeli in vitro. Zhurnal Arch Pharm. 318:1090-5.
8. Khalui M. Luedek L. Mishel B. Lyussi B. 2000. Eksperimentalnoye issledovaniye diureticheskogo deystviya rozmarina lekarstvennogo i zolototysyachnika obyknovennogo. Zhurnal etnofarmakologii (J Ethnopharmacol.) 71:465-72.
9. Kumarasami Y. Nakhar L. Sarker SD. 2003. Bioaktivnost gentiopikrozida. poluchennogo iz nadzemnykh chastey zolototysyachnika obyknovennogo. Fitoterapiya 74:151-4.
10. Naber Dzh. 2013. Effektivnost i bezopasnost fitoterapevticheskogo preparata Kanefron® N pri profilaktike i lechenii urogenitalnykh i gestatsionnykh zabolevaniy: izucheniye klinicheskogo opyta v Vostochnoy Evrope i Tsentralnoy Azii. Issledovaniya i otchety v urologii (Res Rep Urol.). 5:39-46