- Influence of vitamin D3 on the frequency of acute respiratory diseases by children with undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia
Influence of vitamin D3 on the frequency of acute respiratory diseases by children with undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia
PERINATOLOGY AND PEDIATRIC. UKRAINE. 2018.2(74):83-88; doi 10.15574/PP.2018.74.83
Oshlyanska O. M., Vovk V. M.
SI «Institute of Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology of NAMS of Ukraine», Kyiv
LLC «Children's Medical Center «Dobrobut», Kyiv, Ukraine
Purpose — to study the effects of vitamin D3 and specific immune prophylaxis of pneumococcus on the frequency of acute respiratory diseases by children with undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia (UCTD).
Patients and methods. Retrospectively analyzed data of anamnesis and general morbidity of children for acute respiratory diseases by children with and with: out clinical manifestations of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia according to the data of 138 patient cards of children from 1 to 10 years, which are observed at LLC «DMC«Dobrobut», among them 79 children had clinical manifestations of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia and 59 children with: out clinical manifestations of dysplasia.
Results. Children with clinical manifestations of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia are likely to suffer twice as common from acute respiratory diseases, are tend to long:term course of illness, often have complications in the form of otitis media, bronchitis, adenoiditis. The results of the analysis show, that by children with clinical manifestations of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia was observed a significant difference between registered acute res: piratory diseases with complications and prolonged course before vaccination and after vaccination against pneumococcus. The course of taking vitamin D3 in the dose of 2000 IU for 1–3 months reduces the incidence of acute respiratory diseases by both categoris of children with and without clinical manifestations of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia.
Conclusions. Our research showed, that children with clinical manifestations of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia are more likely to suffer from acute respiratory diseases. Conducting vaccine prophylaxis against pneumococcal vaccines on the background of taking vitamin D3 is effective in reducing the fre: quency of bacterial complications on the background of acute respiratory diseases by children with undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia and without clinical manifestations of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia.
Key words: children, undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia, acute respiratory diseases, interleukins, vitamin D3.
1. Abaturov AE, Gerasimenko ON, Wysochina IL, Zavgorodnjaja NJ. (2011). Defensims and defensin-dependent diseases. Odessa: Publishing house WMW: 264.
2. Baklunov WW. (2006). Systemic dysplasia of connective tissue is one of the important factors in the formation of recurrent bronchitis in children (literature review). Sovremennaya pediatriya. 4(13): 193-196.
5. Kadurina TI. (2000). Hereditary collagenopathy (clinic, diagnostics, treatment and medical examination). Sant-Petersburg: Nevsky Dialect: 271.
6. Kvashnina LV. (2013). Immunomodulatory effects of vitamin D by children. Child's health. 7(50): 98-102.
7. Kvashnina LV. (2014). Normalization of the level of vitamin D and intestinal microbiocenosis – a necessary component of non-specific immune prophylaxis and rehabilitation of often sick children. Сhildren's doctor. 7(36): 20-26.
8. Klementov AV. (2005). The clinical significance of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia. Thesis abstract… Doctor of Medical Sciences. М.: 27.
9. Kondusova YV. (2009). Asthma, associated with connective tissue dysplasia: features of the course and rehabilitation. Thesis abstract. … Dis. … Candidate of Medical Science. Voronezh. http://www.pandia.ru/393426/
12. Oshlyanska OA. (2012). Background and immunopathological mechanisms of development of rheumatic diseases among children with connective tissue dysplasia. Thesis abstract. … Doctor of Medical Sciences. Kyiv: 31.
13. Oshlyanska OA, Vovk VM. (2017). Features of humoral local immunity in children with undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia. Perinatologiya i pediatriya. 4(72): 89-94. doi 10.15574/PP.2017.72.89
15. Braegger С, Campoy С, Colomb V et al. (2013). Vitamin D in the healthy European Pediatric population. JPGN. 56; 6: 692—700.
16. Camargo CA, Ganmaa D, Frazier AL et al. (2012). Randomized trial of vitamin D supplementation and risk of acute respiratory infection in Mongolia. Pediatrics. 130: 561—567.
17. Ginde AA, Mansbach JM, Camargo CA. (2009). Association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D level and upper respiratory tract infection in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Arch. Intern. Med. 169; 4: 384—390.
18. Gombart AF. (2009). The vitamin D-antimicrobial peptide pathway and its role in protection against infection. Future Microbiol. 4; 9: 1151—1165.
19. Hewison M. (2010). Vitamin D and the immune system: new perspectives on an old theme. Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North. Am. 39; 2: 365—379.
20. Karatekin G, Kaya A, Salihoglu O et al. (2009). Association of subclinical vitamin D deficiency in newborns with acute lower respiratory infection and their mothers. Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 63. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ejcn.1602960
21. Manaseki-Holland S, Maroof Z, Bruce J et al. (2012). Effect on the incidence of pneumonia of vitamin D supplementation by quarterly bolus dose to infants in Kabul: a randomised controlled superiority trial. Lancet. 379: 1419—1427.
22. Urashima M, Segawa T, Okazaki M et al. (2010). Randomized trial of vitamin D supplementation to prevent seasonal influenza A in schoolchildren. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 91: 1255—1260.