- Influence of health saving techniques on the anti-infectious resistance and formation of chronical pathologies of pre-school aged children
Influence of health saving techniques on the anti-infectious resistance and formation of chronical pathologies of pre-school aged children
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2018.4(92):17-21; doi 10.15574/SP.2018.92.17
Beketova G. V., Savinova K. B.
Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kyiv, Ukraine
In the modern conditions there is a tendency of increasing morbidity among children, especially after their entering primary school that demands necessity of implementing health saving techniques (HST).
Objective: to evaluate the influence of HST «Education in moving» on the anti-infectious resistance and the rate of functional and chronic somatic disease formation in pre-school aged children.
Material and methods. A deep clinical and instrumental examination of 153 children was conducted prior to entering school, then in the one- and two-year period of schooling, and also after leaving primary school in gymnasium No.283 in Kyiv (the main group included 65 pupils), in which HST «Education in movement» was implemented by professor O.D. Dubogai and in primary school in the town Boyarka of Kyiv Oblast, in which HST was not implemented (the comparing group included 88 persons). The status of anti-infectious resistance was evaluated according to the incidence of acute respiratory infection (ARI) episodes during the year, the presence of their complications, and the rate of functional and chronic somatic diseases.
Results. During the 4-year period of observation of children a positive influence of HST on the children's anti-infectious resistance was proved. In the main group there was no increase in the proportion of children with chronic pathology, the rate of pupils with cardiovascular functional disorders decreased significantly (from 30.8% to 8.3%), while in the comparison group there was a significant increase in the proportion of children with musculoskeletal disorders (from 29.5% to 44.4%), diseases of the digestive (from 21.9% to 36%) and respiratory systems (from 7.9% to 44.4%), endocrine pathology (from 32 5% up to 50.0%), functional disorders of the cardiovascular system (from 46.6% to 58.3%). Pupils of the main group missed classes significantly less commonly due to the disease as well as there were significantly more children who were never ill during the year.
Conclusions. The usage of HST «Education in movement» allows ensuring a high level of anti-infectious resistance of pre-school aged children, manifested by a significant decrease in the incidence of seasonal ARIs, a decrease in their duration, prevents complications and formation of functional disorders and chronic pathology. The data obtained allow recommending this technology for the large"scale implementation in general educational institutions.
Key words: pre-school aged children, morbidity, health-saving technologies, acute respiratory infections, anti-infectious resistance.
1. Boichenko T. (2005). Valeology is the art of being healthy. Health and physical education. 2: 1-4.
2. Volkova IV, Marinyshkina OE, Pokroeva LD, Ryabova ZV. (2007). School establishing in contributing to the health. Kharkiv: Kharkiv Academy of Continuous Education: 40.
3. Dubohay O. (2005). Education in moving: health saving techniques in primary school. Kyiv: 112.
4. Zaytseva OV. (2009). Children’s recurrent respiratory contagions. Medical newspaper. 86: 9.
5. Healthy children are the best investment in future. http: //www/100spravok.ru/100spravok/Artikle.aspx?ID=332/
6. Lykiyanova OM, Kvashnina LV. (2004). State of pre- school age children and ways of its correction. Perinatology and Pediatrics. 1: 35.
7. Annual report of the health state of population, sanitary epidemiological situation and results of health care system of Ukraine activity. (2016). Ministry of Health of Ukraine: 46-68.
8. Nyankovskii SL. (2014). Medical-social aspects of health state of pupils in Ukraine. Georgian Medical News. 5(230): 60-65.
9. Orgzehovckoi VM. (2007). Dictionary of main terms and notions in preventive up-bringing. Ternopil: 177-179.
10. Rechkina EA. (2013). Often sick children and role of immunocorrection in their treatment. Asthma and allergic. 1: 44-47.
11. Semenova NO. (2007). Technique of designing school influence on health. Educational work at school. 4: 4-15.
12. Smirnov NK. (2002). Health saving educational techniques in modern school. Moskow: 121.
13. Amialchuk A. (2016). Do Your School Mates Influence How Long You Game? Evidence from the U.S. 11(8): 0160664.