- Incidence of children of the first year of life in the Zhytomyr Oblast in the post-Chernobyl period
Incidence of children of the first year of life in the Zhytomyr Oblast in the post-Chernobyl period
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2018.3(91):18-26; doi 10.15574/SP.2018.91.18
Kylymnyk T. M., Rusak S. O., Chaban O. P.
CI Zhytomyr Oblast Children's Clinical Hospital, Ukraine
The article highlights the differences in the levels of incidence and priorities in the nosological composition in infants aged up to12 months at various stages of the post-Chernobyl period in the territories with elevated levels of radioactive contamination (ELRC) and conditionally clean (CC) zones of Zhytomyr Oblast. It is found that the maximum number of most diseases was observed before 2006. Among the nine nosological groups preserving their dynamic activity until 2017, neoplasms and diseases of the nervous system were registered in the CC-territories, while the diseases of the respiratory system, digestion, urinary system, the certain conditions originating in the perinatal period, infectious and parasitic diseases were recorded in the ELRC-territories, and in both territories there were observed congenital malformations and a group of uncertainly defined conditions. It was revealed that during the period under review in infants aged up to12 months the higher incidence was recorded in the CC-zones, and mortality, on the contrary, in the ELRC-zones, which is suggestive of a territorial extension of the post-Chernobyl factors impact as well as the existence of conditions that support the population's lack of focused alertness and controlled behaviour in the environmentally hazardous zones.
Key words: incidence, infants aged up to12 months, post-Chernobyl period, ecological zones, nosological groups.
1. Verteletskyi VIe, Yevtushok BA, Zymak-Zakutnia NO, Kalynka SO, Korzhynskyi YuS, Lapchenko SF, Sosyniuk ZO. (2016). Vrodzheni vady rozvytku, Polissia, Chornobyl. Neonatolohiia, khirurhiia ta perynatalna medytsyna. VI; 2(20): 5–14.
2. Halynskyi YuIa, Marchenko VF, Chaban OP. (2001). Imunodefitsyt i alerhiia — prychynno-naslidkova poslidovnist. Medyko-biolohichni naslidky Chornobylskoi katastrofy cherez 15 rokiv. Materialy naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii. Zhytomyr:73–74.
3. Kolyada TM, Vasilev NV, Volyanskiy YuL, Maltsev VI. (1995). Adaptatsionnyiy sindrom i immunitet. Harkov: Osnova:10–16; 184–229.
4. Mizhnarodna statystychna klasyfikatsiia khvorob MKKh-10. Korotkyi adaptovanyi variant dlia vykorystannia v Ukraini (1998). Kyiv.
5. Ovcharenko L.S., Sheludko D.N. (2017). Activity indices of regulatory systems in primary school-aged children on the background of recurrent respiratory diseases. Sovremennaya pediatriya. 7(87):21–29. doi 10.15574/SP.2017.87.12
6. Paramonov ZM, Shatylo VI, Halynskyi YuIa, Danyliuk VV, Yakobchuk AV, Chaban OP. (1995). Medychni aspekty tryvaloi dii malykh doz radiatsii vnaslidok chornobylskoi katastrofy. Materialy do naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii, prysviachenoi 100-richchiu zasnuvannia oblasnoi likarni im. O.F. Herbachevskoho. Zhytomyr:149–152.
7. Rusak PS, Shevchuk DV. (2011). Osoblyvosti u perebihu hostroi khirurhichnoi patolohii u ditei iz zony radioaktyvnoho kontroliu. Khirurhiia dytiachoho viku. VIII; 2(31):48–51.
8. Statystychni zvity po f.31 Zhytomyrskoi dytiachoi oblasnoi likarni za 1986–2017 roky.