- Giving the medical aid to pregnant women with cervical insufficiency with nutritional magnesium deficiency
Giving the medical aid to pregnant women with cervical insufficiency with nutritional magnesium deficiency
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.1(127):44–47; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.127.44
Markin L. B., Shaylovych K. L., Kunynets H. Ya., Popovych A. I., Prokip U. Ye.
Lviv national medical University named Danylo Galitsky
The objective: of the study was the feasibility of further improvement of giving medical aid to pregnant women with cervical insufficiency, especially with nutritional magnesium deficiency.
Materials and methods. The observation group was made of 50 women, in which in 13–16 week of pregnancy was diagnosed cervical insufficiency with presence of nutritional magnesium deficiency (amount of magnesium in blood <0.8 mmol/1). Level of magnesium ions in blood plasma of pregnant women was determined by colorimetric method using the analyzer Cobas 600c (501 module) and test systems Roche Diagnostics (Switzerland). The degree of CIn was determined with Shtembera scale.
To correct magnesium deficiency was recommended Magnicum (PJSC «Kyiv Vitamin Factory») 2 tablets 2 times a day with meals. One tablet contains magnesium lactate dihydrate 470 mg, equivalent to 48 mg of magnesium and pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6) 5 mg.
Results. One of the pathogenetic factors of CIn is nutritional magnesium deficiency in pregnant women. The results of correlation analysis showed the presence of a strong feedback (r =-0.83) between the concentration of magnesium ions in the blood serum of pregnant women and the inner diameter orifice of uterine cervix, and direct communication of medium strength (r=0.38) with a length of cervix. In studying of the correlations between blood parameters and morphometric parameters of cervix, was established a close relationship (r=0.78) between the length of cervix and parameters of vascular resistance in small arteries of cervix. At the same time, a weak correlation (r=-0.41) between the diameter of the inner orifice of cervix and hemodynamic parameters in small cervical arteries suggests that the change in diameter of the orifice is secondary in relation to disturbances in blood flow in small cervical arteries.
Conclusion. Usage of Magnicumu provides effective correction of hypomagnesemia in pregnant, prevents the progression of CIn, reduces the frequency of miscarriage, reduces number of surgical cerclage of cervix, prevents complications during labor.
Key words: Cervical insufficiency, nurtitional magnesium deficiency, Magnicum.
1. Ageeva MI. 2000. Dopplerometry in obstetrics. Publishing house Vydar: 112.
2. Benyuk VO. 2000. Ultrasound markers of noncarying of pregnancy. PAH. 3:92-93.
3. Horodetskyy VV. 2008. Preparations of magnesium in medicine practice. Medpraktyka:44.
4. Gromova OA. 2008. Molecular Mechanisms of magnesium impact on connective tissues. Dysplasia of connective tissue. 1:23-32.
5. Derner K. 2001. Clinical biochemistry. M, Mir: 480.
6. Dobriansky DO. 2008. Problematic aspects of care of extremely premature infants with critical viability. Womans health l;33:148-153.
7. Medvedev MV, Kuryak AV, Yudyna EV et al. 1999. Dopplerometry in obstetrics. M, RealnoeTIME:157.
8. Dubossarskaya ZM. 2012. Modern look on etiopathogenesis, diagnostics and treatment of pregnancy miscarriage. Health aspects of women 6-7:12-16.
9. Zaporozhan VM, Tsehelskyy MR, Rozhkovska NM. 2008. Obstetrics and Gynecology. Tutorial: 2 volumes. Odessa: Odessa State Medical University 1:472.
10. Lynchenko NA. 2014. Factors of risk of occurrence cervical insufficiency and methods of correction. Work. Candidate. Medical. Sciences: 14.01.01: 117.
11. Markin LB, Shatylovych KL, Nadorshyna NE. 2007. Dopplerometry in obstetrics: hemodynamic features of system mother-placenta-fetus. Reproductive health of women 1(30):36-39.
12. Markin LB, Prokip UYe. 2013. Correction of magnesium deficiency in pregnant women with cervical incompetence. Clinical pharmacy, pharmacotherapy and medical standardization 3-4(20-21):78-81.
13. Markin LB, Prokip UYe. 2014. Preventive and therapeutic measures for idiopathic cervical insufficiency. Women health 10(96):61-64.
14. Markyn LB, Prokip UYe. 2014. Contents of magnesium in pregnant with idiopathic cervical insufficiency. Reproductive health. East Europe. 5(35):36-39.
15. Markyn LB, Prokip UYe. 2015. The impact of the correction of hypomagnesemia the course of gestational process in cervical insufficiency. The International Journal of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology 7;3:63-64.
16. Markyn LB, Popovych AI, Prokip UYe. 2015. Correction of nutritional magnesium deficiency in pregravidal period. Actual issues of pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology 1:155-157.
17. Nazarenko LG, Hani RI. 2010. Prediction of cervical failure and pregnancy loss during second trimester. Achievements of Clinical and Experimental medicine. 1:96-99.
18. Vertkyn AL, Tkachevа ON, Tkacheva OM et al. 2005. Some aspects of application of magnesium drugs during pregnancy. Problems of reproduction 4:57-63.
19. Pshepyy AR. 2008. Evaluation of effectiness of drug therapy Mahnerot in different dysplastic syndromes and phenotypes. Dysplasia of connective tissue 1:19-22.
20. Sydelnykova VM. 2005. Modern principles of tocolytic therapy at prevention of early childbirth. Materials of VII Rusian Forum «Mother and Child»: 232-233.
21. Connel MO, Tidy J, Wisher SJ et al 2000. An in vivo comparative study of the pregnant and non-pregnant cervix using electrical impedance measurements. BJOG. 8;107(8):1040-1041.
22. Honest H, Coomarasamy A, Bachmann LM, Khan KS. 2003. Cervical cerclage for prevention of preterm delivery:meta-analysis of randomized trial. Obstetric Gynecology 9;102(3):621-627. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0029-7844(03)00673-2; https://doi.org/10.1097/00006250-200309000-00035
23. Gemmill TR, Romero R, Yoon BH. 1999. Overview of N- and О-linked oligosaccharide structures found in various yeast species. 4th World Congress of prenatal medicine. Buenos Aires: 247-255.
24. Haram K, Mortensen JH, Wollen AL. 2003. Preterm delivery: an overview. Act. Obstetric Gynecology Scand. 8;82(8):687-704.
25. Ludmir J, Sehdev HM. 2000. Anatomy and physioligy of the uterine cervix. Clin. Obstetric Gynecology 43;3:433-439. https://doi.org/10.1097/00003081-200009000-00003
26. Owen J, Lams JD, Hauth JC. 2003. Vaginal sonography and cervical incompetence. Am.J. Obstetric Gynecology 2;188(2):586-596.
27. Ikeda K, Hayashida S, Hokuto I et al. 2007. Recent short-term outcomes of ultrapreterm and extremely low-birthweight infants in Japan. NeoReviews. 7:511-516. https://doi.org/10.1542/neo.7-10-e511