- Gender features of the blood flow rate of the main neck arteries in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and overweight
Gender features of the blood flow rate of the main neck arteries in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and overweight
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.10(136):33–37; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.136.33
Tersina O. D.
Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev
Diagnostic Center of «Modern Diagnostic Systems» Ltd., Kyiv
The objective: the aim is to determine the peculiarities of the influence of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / NAFLD (steatosis) combined with overweight / OW on the blood flow rate of the main neck arteries among men and women of different age groups.
Materials and methods. A total of 290 patients (85 men and 205 women) were examined. The rate of blood flow was compared: in males and females groups with NAFLD and OW – 150 patients (50 men and 100 women), and in males and females control groups with normal body weight / NBW without liver disease – 140 patients (35 men and 105 women). The patients were divided into four age groups (according to WHO criteria): 1st age group from 25 to 34 years old, 2nd age group – 35–44 years old, 3rd age group – 45 to 59 years old, 4th age group – 60 to 75 years old. Also, in each age group there was a distribution for men and women. The indexes of the blood flow velocity of the main neck arteries were analyzed using the complex duplex examination (color Doppler mapping / CDM mode and Doppler examination).
Results. The decrease of blood flow rate of the main neck arteries was observed in men and women of all age groups as compared with the control groups, also the age difference between the groups was found. Gender differences detected: women’s rate of incidence was significantly (p<0.05) higher than male data. A reliable correlation between OW and blood flow rates (p<0.05), TCIM and blood flow rates (p<0.05) in men and women groups was found.
Conclusions. Changes in blood flow velocity index of the main neck arteries revealed during a complex duplex examination are the result of the influence of NAFLD (steatosis) and OW with reliable (p<0.05) gender differences in all age groups.
Key words: nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, overweight, blood flow velocity, main neck arteries.
1. Anokhina HA, Kharchenko VV, Boiko SV. (2009). Diietychna ta medykamentozna terapiia nealkoholnoho steatohepatytu. Zdorovia Ukrainy 6/1:55–56.
2. Babak OYa, Kolesnikova EV, Syitnik KA, Kurinnaya EG. (2013). Profilakticheskie meropriyatiya pri nealkogolnoy zhirovoy bolezni pecheni: suschestvuet li sposob snizit risk razvitiya zabolevaniya? Suchasna gastroenterologIya 5(73):112–117.
3. Babak OYa, Kolesnikova EV. (2012). Nealkogolnaya zhirovaya bolezn pecheni i kardiovaskulyarnyiy risk: sovremennyiy vzglyad na problemu. Optimizatsiya terapii. Novosti meditsinyi i farmatsii 8 (410).
4. Dedov II, Melnichenko GA. (2004). Ozhirenie. M, Med. inform. agentstvo:456.
5. Lelyuk VG, Lelyuk SE. (2007). Ultrazvukovaya angiologiya. 3-e izd., dop. i perer. M, Realnoe Vremya.
6. ZvyagIntseva TD, Chernobay AI. (2009). Metabolicheskiy sindrom i organyi pischevareniya. Zdorov’ya UkraYini 6/1:38–39.
7. Kulikov VP, Horeev NG, Gerasimenko IN i dr. (2000). Tsvetovoe dupleksnoe skanirovanie sosudov v diagnostike patologicheskoy izvitosti sonnyih arteriy. Ehografiya 2:147–154.
8. Perederiy VG. (2010). Ozhirenie: mezhdistsiplinarnyiy vyizov meditsine XXI veka. Zdorov’ya Ukrainу 10:22–24.
9. Tkach SM, Perederiy VG. (2007). Gastroenterologicheskie posledstviya izbyitochnoy massyi tela i ozhireniya. Zdorov’ya Ukrainу 1:54–55.
10. Tkach SM. (2009). Rasprostranennost, techenie, diagnostika i strategii lecheniya nealkogolnoy zhirovoy bolezni pecheni. Zdorov’ya UkraYini 1–2(206–207):63–65.
11. Kulikov VP. (2011). Ultrazvukovaya diagnostika sosudistyih zabolevaniy. Vtoroe izdanie. Firma STROM.
12. Bhatia LS et al. (2012). Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a new and important cardiovascular risk factor? Eur. Heart J. 33:1190–1200. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehr453; PMid:22408036
13. Fabbrini E, Sullivan S, Klein S. (2010). Obesity and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: biochemical, metabolic, and clinical implications. Hepatology. 51:679–689. https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.23280; PMid:20041406 PMCid:PMC3575093