- Functional state of the vaginal mucosa in bacterial vaginosis and its correction
Functional state of the vaginal mucosa in bacterial vaginosis and its correction
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.9(125):77–82; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.125.77
Beyuk V. O., Shcherba O. A., Lastovetska L. D.
A.A. Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev
Bacterial vaginosis is the most common cause of the treatment of women of reproductive age to the gynecologist. It accounts for up to 50% of cases of pathological discharge from the genital organs. In 50-75% of cases, bacterial vaginosis is asymptomatic. The examination of the patient occupies one of the key positions in the effective treatment of the patient. Nitrosamines, which are metabolites of obligate anaerobic bacteria and coenzymes of carcinogenesis, and may be one of the cause for the genesis of cervical cancer.
The objective: assess the condition of the mucous membrane of the vagina and cervix in bacterial vaginosis, the effectiveness of its treatment in women of reproductive age.
Materials and methods. Оf investigation 64 women of reproductive age with bacterial vaginosis were examined and treated, of which 34 patients (group I of the study) conducted our therapy which received the Tyloron and the local combined preparation of dexpanthenol and chlorhexidine bigluconate, followed by the introduction of lactobacilli in standard doses. 30 patients (group II of the study) received standard treatment. The control group consisted of 27 healthy women.
Results. Results of treatment of bacterial vaginosis in women of reproductive age are presented. In 94.1% and a group of cases, we achieved a clinically significant effect, compared with group II (76.7%) of 10 days of treatment. Three months after the end of treatment, 97.1% of the patients in the main group recovered (group II – 86.6%).
Conclusions. The use of the complex therapy of bacterial vaginosis proposed by us showed a high rate of recovery, and a low rate of recurrence in women of reproductive age.
Key words: bacterial vaginosis, diagnosis, treatment, tyrolon, dexpanthenol, chlorhexidine.
1. Beniuk VO, Bu Veivei, Dronova VL, Shcherba OA, Kovaliuk TV. 2016. Suchasni aspekty mikrobnoho peizazhu pikhvy ta humoralnoi imunnoi vidpovidi orhanizmu u zhinok z khlamidiino-virusnym tservikovahinitom, korektsiia porushen. Reproduktyvna endokrynolohiia 6:46–49.
2. Hopchuk OM. 2015. Bakterialnyi vahinoz – terapevtychnyi pohliad na problemu. Zdorove zhenshchynы 3(99):71–74.
3. Tuchkina IA, Tysiachka HM. 2013. Bakterialnyi vahinoz yak faktor vysokoho ryzyku porushennia reproduktyvnoho zdorov’ia v molodomu vitsi. Zdorove zhenshchynы 9(85):110–115.
4. Benyuk VO, Shcherba OA, Lastovetska LD, Bu Weiwei, Vytyshchenko AS. 2017. Modern Technologies of research of a condition of the mucous membrane of the cervix and vagina in patient with mixed infection. Sciences of Europe 14(14);1:70–76.
5. Bradshaw CS, Tabrizi SN, Fairley CK et al. 2006. The association of Atopobium vaginae and Gardnerella vaginalis with bacterial vaginosis and recurrence after oral metronidazole therapy. J. Infect. Dis. 194(6):828–836. https://doi.org/10.1086/506621; PMid:16941351
6. Thulkar J, Kriplani A, Agarwal N. 2012. A comparative study of oral single dose of metronidazole, tinidazole, secnidazole and ornidazole in bacterial vaginosis. Indian J. Pharmacol. 44(2):243–245. https://doi.org/10.4103/0253-7613.93859; PMid:22529484 PMCid:PMC3326921