- For Authors
Group of Companies MedExpert was the first publisher in Ukraine registered in CrossRef, became a member of the Publisher International Linking Association (PILA), and was granted Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
CrossRef's general purpose is to promote the development and cooperative use of new and innovative technologies to speed and facilitate scholarly research. CrossRef’s specific mandate is to be the citation linking backbone for all scholarly information in electronic form. CrossRef is a collaborative reference linking service that functions as a sort of digital switchboard. It holds no full text content, but rather effects linkages through CrossRef Digital Object Identifiers (CrossRef DOI), which are tagged to article metadata supplied by the participating publishers. The end result is an efficient, scalable linking system through which a researcher can click on a reference citation in a journal and access the cited article.
CrossRef bring together publishing organizations all over the world representing 20 thousand scientific publications and 1,500 libraries, providing the crosslink between publications in scientific journals more than 2,800 publishers with a digital object identification. Using DOI will be able for us to represent scientific achievements in the world scientific community, improve the exchange of medical information between scholars, enhance the ranking of national journals in the international information field, and thus, will provide the raise citation indexes for our scientists beyond Ukraine.
Implementation of CrossRef DOI considerably enhances the publishing activities with broad community connections outside Ukraine, and enables the researcher’s scientific data to be represented in the world abstract and citation databases of peer-reviewed literature. CrossRef allows the user to move fr om one article to another at the citation level, regardless of journal or publisher. Without full-text citation linking, the user who discovers a desired resource while reading usually has to switch to a different search interface to locate and ultimately access that resource. CrossRef-enabled articles are easier to find and link to.
Since 2014 Group of Companies MedExpert began to assign CrossRef DOI to articles published in its journals.
Rules for manuscript submission and publication:
· Manuscripts are accepted for review with the stipulation that they are submitted solely. The publisher will not consider for review manuscripts that have been published elsewhere, even if in another language, manuscripts that are being considered by another publication, are in press, or will be published or submitted elsewhere. Although poster presentations and abstracts are not considered duplicate publication, they should be stated in the initial letter of submission.
· Manuscript is submitted in two copies in one of the three languages
either Ukrainian, Russian or English (choice of the author) and must be accompanied with the official letter fr om the institution wh ere the research was carried out, singed by institutional authorities (research advisor), and expert conclusion indicating the possibility for publishing.
· First page indicates UDC (left side), paper title (capital letters), author names (initials and family name), institutional name, city, country. Last page must contain signatures of all authors, full author’s names, their scientific degree and titles, job position, full institutional mailing addresses, numbers of telephones. Must be indicated the contact person.
· Full-length manuscripts for regular articles must include: introduction (wider context that generated the study and the hypothesis based on the literature datа no older then 5-7 years), objective, materials and methods, results and discussions (presenting the data in text, tables and figures with statistical analysis, interpretation and significance of the findings), conclusions with indications of the future research direction, acknowledgements, conflict of interest, references.
· Authors are responsible for the accuracy of references. Only papers directly related to the article should be cited. Citations should be numbered in alphabetical order. Papers in press and papers already submitted for publication may be included in the list of references but no citation is required for work that is not yet submitted for publication.
· All manuscripts must adhere to the following format: manuscript text are typed on computer in Microsoft Word or RTF file (Times New Roman font, size 12, black, double-spaced, page margins: left – 25mm, right – 10mm, up and down – 20mm) and submitted on electronic storage device. Illustration (tables, figures) should be supplied in a separate electronic file.
· The length of original article should not exceed 8 pages including abstract, text, tables, illustrations, and references, review articles or systematic reviews – 12 pages, case reports, commentaries – 7 pages. The references in original articles should not exceed 20 sources and in review articles – 50 sources.
· Manuscript should contain the abstracts in Ukrainian, Russian and English. The abstract should be self-contained and citation-free. A structured abstract is required for original articles and a standard abstract format is required for other types of articles. An abbreviated unformatted abstract is preferred for case presentations and review articles. The structured abstract should be lim ited to 200-250 words, under the following headings: objective, materials and methods, results, conclusions and key words. All titles of headings should be highlighted.
Responsibility for accuracy of submitted manuscripts placed on the author(s).
Articles which do not adhere to the rules of submission are rejected for review and do not return to authors. Each submitted manuscript is subject to peer-review process and literary editing.