- Experience of using the dietary supplement Indol-F® in women with the presence of a high carcinogenic risk of human papillomavirus in cervical epithelium
Experience of using the dietary supplement Indol-F® in women with the presence of a high carcinogenic risk of human papillomavirus in cervical epithelium
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.8(134):33–36; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.134.33
Medvedev M. V., Donskaya Yu. V.
Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy, Dnipro
The objective: to study the efficacy and safety of the use of the Indol-F® dietary supplement in women infected with the human papillomavirus (HPV) of a high carcinogenic risk (HCR) with the presence or absence of grade 1 dysplasia.
Materials and methods. In the clinic KU «Dnipropetrovsk Regional Clinical Hospital. I.I. Mechnikov ”was conducted clinical examination of 50 patients infected with HPV HCR, with the presence or absence of dysplasia. After compliance with the inclusion criteria was checked and the absence of exclusion criteria was randomized to two groups of 25 women and Indol-F® was prescribed 2 capsules of 0.4 g 2 times a day or placebo, the course was 6 months (I subgroup – placebo , II subgroup – Indol-F®).
Results. The most impressive result was obtained for viral load of more than 3 Lg / 105. In the І group, there was almost no change, and 8 out of 9 women had the same high level of load as at the beginning of the study. In group II, there was a decrease in the number of women with high viral load by 4 times, which was significantly lower both in comparison with the data before treatment and in comparison with the data after treatment in group I (p <0.05).
Conclusion. Indol-F® dietary supplement can be recommended for use in clinical practice in women with HPV VRC in the epithelium of the cervix with or without mild dysplasia, as well as moderate and severe dysplasia, as part of complex therapy.
Indol-F® dietary supplement can be recommended for use in clinical practice in women with the presence of HPV VCR in the epithelium of the cervix with dysplasia before and after loop excision of the cervix to prevent recurrence of lesions associated with HPV VRC.
Key words: human papillomavirus, high carcinogenic risk, Indol-F®, cervical dysplasia.
1. Vorobiova LI. (2015). Papilomavirusna infektsiia: aktualna problema suchasnoi hinekolohii. Zdorove zhenshchynы 3(99).
2. Borys OM. (2015). Suchasni pidkhody do kompleksnoho likuvannia ta profilaktyky retsydyviv papilomavirusnoi infektsii u zhinok reproduktyvnoho viku. Reproduktyvna endokrynolohiia 1(21).
3. Voloshina NN, Paschenko SN, Voloshin NA, Schurov NF, Petrova OYu i soavt. (2014). Profilaktika raka reproduktivnyih organov. Zdorove zhenschinyi 9(95).
4. Rogovskaya SI. (2008). Papillomavirusnaya infektsiya u zhenschin i patologiya sheyki matki: V pomosch praktikuyuschemu vrachu. M:188.
5. Spitzer M. (2007, Nov). Screening and management of women and girls with human papillomavirus infection. Gynecologyc Oncology. 107;2:syppl 1:14–19.
6. Thangapazham RL, Singh AK, Sharma A et al. (2007). Green tea polyphenols and its constituent epigallocatechin gallate inhibits proliferation of human breast cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. CancerLett. 8:832–841. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.canlet.2006.01.027
7. Sartippour MR, Pietras R, Marquez-garban DC et al. (2006, Dec). The combination of green tea and tamoxifen is effective against breast cancer. Carcinogenesis. 27(12):2424–33. https://doi.org/10.1093/carcin/bgl066; PMid:16785249
8. Bekkers RL, van der Avoort IA, Melchers WJ et al. (2005). Down regulation of estrogen receptor expression is an early event in human papillomavirus infected cervical displasia. Eur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 26;4:376–382. PMid:16122182
9. Salehi-Vaziri M, Sadeghi F, Bokharaei-Salim F et al. (2015). The Prevalence and Genotype Distribution of Human Papillomavirus in the Genital Tract of Males in Iran. Jundishapur J Microbiol. 18;8(12):1–5.
10. Gizinger O, Kononova I, Letyaeva O. (2014). Tservikalnyie neoplazii, assotsiirovannyie s papillomavirusnoy infektsiey: kompleksnaya terapiya. Vrach 12:70–73.
11. De Lima Rocha MG, Faria FL, Gonçalves L et al. (2012). Prevalence of DNA-HPV in male sexual partners of HPV-infected women and concordance of viral types in infected couples. PLoS One. 7(7):40988. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0040988; PMid:22815888 PMCid:PMC3398875
12. Edison N. (2012). Clinical Manifestations of Genital HPV Infection, Human Papillomavirus and Related Diseases – From Bench to Bedside – A Clinical Perspective, Dr. Davy Vanden Broeck (Ed.): 83–98.
13. Suhareva EA, Ponomareva LA, Kozlov SV. (2012). Opyit primeneniya Indol-karbinola v lechenii dobrokachestvennyih displaziy molochnoy zhelezyi. Lechaschiy vrach. Med. nauchno-prakticheskiy zhurnal 7.
14. Vorobiova LI, Lyhyrda NF. (2009). Rol protyvirusnoi terapii v kompleksnomu likuvanni tservikalnoi intraepitelialnoi neoplazii lehkoho stupenia. Zdorove zhenshchynу 7(43):125–128.
15. Kartashov SM, Beloded OA. (2009). Analiz effektivnosti deystviya immunomodulyatorov, ispolzuemyih v lechenii papillomavirusnoy infektsii. Zdorove zhenschiny 7(43):161–164.
16. Mazorchuk BF, Boliukh BA, Dnistrianska AP ta in. (2009). Bezpechnist vaktsynatsii z metoiu profilaktyky raku shyiky matky. Zdorove zhenshchynу 4(40):37–38.
17. Voloshina NN. (2007). Tservikalnyie intraepitelialnyie neoplazii (diagnostika, lechenie i profilaktika): Metod. rekomendatsii. Zaporozhe:36.