- Experience of using chlorhexidine in obstetrics and gynecology
Experience of using chlorhexidine in obstetrics and gynecology
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.3(129):46–50; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.129.46
Kravchenko O. V.
SHEIU «Bukovinian state medical University», Chernivtsi
The objective: generalization of the experience of using chlorhexidine drugs in obstetric and gynecological practice.
Materials and methods. The efficacy of using Depantol and Hexicon for non-specific colpitis in patients of adolescent, reproductive age, pregnant women, women in perimenopause, as well as in patients after cervical, vaginal and perineal operations was evaluated and generalized. The surveyed groups contained 30 to 50 patients. The diagnosis of nonspecific vaginitis was verified by clinical and laboratory examination. Criteria for recovery were complete clinical and bacterial sanation.
The effectiveness of therapy was evaluated immediately after treatment and after 1 and 3 months. The data were compared with the appropriate control groups or with the condition prior to treatment.
Results. High efficiency of chlorhexidine preparations in the treatment of nonspecific colpitis in patients of different age categories and conditions was noted. The experience of using Depantol and Gecikon in obstetrics and gynecology is generalized, priorities are determined in the application of these drugs.
Conclusion. Preparations of chlorhexidine Geksikon and Depantol are highly effective against the main pathogens of inflammatory nonspecific vulvovaginitis. They do not interfere with the functional activity of lactobacilli, which helps maintain a normal vaginal biocenosis. The drug Geksikon with success can be recommended both for the treatment of gynecological patients of reproductive age, and pregnant women.
The use of Depantol, due to the regenerative activity of the dexpanthenol component, is a priority in the treatment of infectious processes in adolescence, perimenopausal age and in patients after operations on the cervix, vagina and perineum.
Key words: chlorhexidine preparations, obstetrics and gynecology, Depantol, Geksikon.
1. Balan VE. 1998. Urogenitalnyie rasstroystva v klimakterii (klinika, diagnostika, zamestitelnaya gormonoterapiya). Diss. d-ra med. nauk. M:305.
2. Plotko EE, Donnikov AE, Voroshilina ES i dr. 2011. Biotsenoz vlagalischa s tochki zreniya kolichestvennoy PTsR: chto est norma? Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 1:66–70.
3. Zaporozhan VM, Yermolenko TO, Lavrynenko HL. 2004. Kompleksne likuvannia atrofichnoho vahinitu u zhinok v postmenopauzi. Reproduktyvnoe zdorove zhenshchynу 1(17):3–5.
4. Radzinskiy VE, Hamoshina MB, Kaygorodova LA i dr. 2014. Korrektsiya narusheniy biotsenoza vlagalischa: marsh na meste ili dvizhenie vpered? Reproduktivnaya endokrinologiya 4(18):92–100.
5. Kostava MN. 2009. Reabilitatsiya patsientok s patologiey sheyki matki posle destruktivnyih metodov lecheniya. Effekt. farmakoterapiya v akusherstve i ginekologii 6:42–44.
6. Yankovskiy DS, Shirobokov VP, Antipkin YuG i dr. 2015. Mikrobiom i zdorove zhenschinyi (obzor literaturyi). Reproduktivnaya endokrinologiya 4(24):13–28.
7. Shlyapnikov ME, Arutyunyan KN, Krivosheeva GN i dr. 2009. Profilaktika ranevoy infektsii posle samoproizvolnyih rodov. Vopr. gin., akush. i perinatol. 8;4:23–27.
8. Radzinskiy VE. 2009. Korrektsiya mikrobiotsenoza urogenitalnogo trakta. Farmakoterapiya v akusherstve i ginekologii 4:44–46.
9. Selihova MS, Kotovskaya MV. 2009. Vedenie poslerodovogo perioda u zhenschin s travmami myagkih tkaney rodovyih putey. Akush. i gin. 6:48–49.
10. Alsina CJ. 1996. The role of estrogen in urogynaecology high-dose therapy. Maturitas. 33:51–57.
11. Donders GG, Vereecken A, Bosmans E et al. 2002. Definition of type of abnormal vaginal flora that is distinct from bacterial vaginosis: aerobic vaginitis. BJOG. 1(109):34–43. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2002.00432.x
12. Farage M, Maibac H. 2006. Lifetime changes in the vulva and vagina. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 273:195–202. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00404-005-0079-x; PMid:16208476