- Experience with Polygynax used in the treatment of vulvovaginitis caused by the aerobic and mixed microflora
Experience with Polygynax used in the treatment of vulvovaginitis caused by the aerobic and mixed microflora
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.7(133):107–110
Radzinsky V. E., Ordiyants I. M., Pobedinskaya O. S., Zykov E. V.
Federal state Autonomous educational institution of higher education
«Russian peoples friendship University» of the Ministry of education and science of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia
Published: THE RUSSIAN BULLETIN OF THE OBSTETRICIAN-GYNECOLOGIST 1, 2016
The objective: to evaluate the efficiency and compliance with Polygynax treatment for vulvovaginitis caused by the aerobic and mixed microflora in reproductive-aged women.
Patients and methods. The investigation enrolled 36 reproductive-aged women diagnosed with aerobic and mixed vulvovaginitis. It was conducted in accordance with international standards and GCP guidelines. A polygynax vaginal capsule was given before bedtime for 12 days. Therapeutic efficiency was evaluated by clinical, expanded colposcopic, and pH-metry findings, and the status of vaginal microbiocenosis, by determining the major groups of opportunistic microorganisms using a real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction assay.
Results. It was established that the pathogenetically sound use of a combination of two broad-spectrum antibiotics and an antimycotic agent enabled polyvalent treatment with no negative effects of the antibiotics on the normal vaginal microflora. On the strength of clinical findings, the authors substantiated the efficiency of a 12-days treatment cycle as the most optimal method to completely eliminate pathogens and to reduce recurrence rates. Acting selectively on facultative anaerobic bacteria (Enterobacterium spp., Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp.), Polygynax failed to eliminate Lactobacillus spp. and promoted the suppression of aerobic microbial growth and the creation of optimal conditions for the growth of proper lactoflora, ensuring the colonization resistance of a vaginal biotope and enhancing the total efficiency of treatment.
Conclusion. Polygynax is the drug of choice for treating vulvovaginitis caused by the aerobic and mixed microflora in reproductive-aged women. The authors declare no conflicts of interest.
Key words: reproductive-aged women, vulvovaginitis, aerobic and mixed microflora, treatment, Polygynax.
1. Dovletkhanova ER, Аbakaгova PR. (2012). The possibility of using complex drugs in the treatment of polymicrobial vulvovaginitis. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 4:8—11.
2. Radzinsky VE, Ordiyants IM, Pobedinskaya OS, Buyanova NV. (2013). Current aspects of correction of dysbiotic disorders in gynecologic practice. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 2:72—76.
3. Kira EF, Artymuk NV, Gaitukieva RA, Muslimov SZ. (2010). Biocenosis and functional activity of the vaginal epithelium in the topical treatment of aerobic vaginitis by polygynax and tergynan. Zhurnal akusherstva i zhenskikh boleznei 59;5:127—135.
4. Kisina VI. (2011). Vaginal infections: clinical significance and treatment. Dermatovenerologiya i dermatokosmetologiya 1:28—33.
5. Savicheva AM, Rybina EV. (2012). Assessment of the actions of polygynax on the microorganisms isolated from the vagina in in vitro experience. Rossiiskii vestnik akushera-ginekologa 4:104—107.
6. Bohbot J-M, Sednaoui P, Verriere F. Nystatin-Neomycin-Polymyxin B. (2014). Combination: Efficacy and tolerance as 1st-line local treatment of infectious vaginitis. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 04;07:445-454.
7. Blinov DV. (2011). Vaginal infections — from diagnosis to management of complex therapy. Akusherstvo, ginekologiya i reproduktsiya 5;4:44—47.
8. Fan A, Yingly Y, Nv G, Huiying Z, Wang Y, Fengxia X. (2013). Aerobic vaginitis and mixed infections: comparasion of clinical and laboratory findings. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics (2):329-335.