- Evaluation of indicators of ultrasound studies of women with prolapse of genital organs and urinary incontinence after treatment
Evaluation of indicators of ultrasound studies of women with prolapse of genital organs and urinary incontinence after treatment
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.9(125):88–91; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.125.88
Lyulko A. O.
SI «Zaporozhye Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine»
The objective: definition of the norm of ultrasound indicators and their dynamics in the postoperative period in patients after correction of prolapse of pelvic organs (POP) and stress incontinence (SUI).
Materials and methods. 85 patients with POP and SUI were observed. These women were divided into groups according to the stage of POP and SUI: group 2 – 32 patients with I and II stages of POP and SUI 2a, 2b types of light and moderate severity; group 3 (main) – 53 patients with III and IV stages of POP and SUI type 3 moderate and severe severity. This group of patients subsequently undergone operative treatment according to the patent for utility model No. 109201.
The main group (3rd group) included: 3.1 group – 28 women with III and IV stages of POP and SUI type 3 moderate and severe severity without delay in urination; 3.2 group – 25 women with III and IV stages of POP and SUI type 3 moderate and severe severity with delay of urination (chronic or acute). 15 women were examined without complaints, who entered the control group (1st group).
Results. The study of ultrasound indicators in the dynamics after treatment in women with POP and SUI made it possible: to determine the recovery period for the anatomical position of the pelvic organs, assess the effectiveness of the treatment and rehabilitation of women.
Conclusion. According to the data obtained, with an increase in the posterior urethro-vesic angle greater than 114° with POP and SUI, conservative treatment of this pathology is inexpedient. After the operative treatment of women with POP and SUI, the ultrasoud indicators recovered after 24 months.
Key words: pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, ultrasound
1. Bezhenar' VF i dr. 2010. Prolaps tazovyh organov u zhenshchin: ehtiologiya, patogenez, principy diagnostiki: posobie dlya vrachej. Pod red. EH.K. Ajlamazyana. SPb., Izd-vo N- L:48.
2. Ginekologiya: nacional'noe rukovodstvo. Pod obshch. red. VI Kulakova, IB Manuhina, GM Savel'evoj. M.: GEHOTAR-Media. 2011:1088.
3. Perineologiya: Bolezni zhenskoj promezhnosti v akushersko-ginekologicheskih, seksologicheskih, urologicheskih, proktologicheskih aspektah. Pod. red. VE Radzinskogo. M.: OOO «Medicinskoe informacionnoe agentstvo». 2006:336.: il., tabl.
4. CHechneva MA i dr. 2016. Ul'trazvukovaya diagnostika prolapsa genitalij i nederzhaniya mochi u zhenshchin. Pod obshch. red. VI Krasnopol'skogo. M, MEDpress-inform: 136: il.
5. Bai SW, Choe BH, Kim JY, Park KH. 2002. Pelvic organ prolapse and connective tissue abnormalities in Korean women. J. Reprod Med. 47;3:231−234. PMid:11933689
6. Hendrix SL, Clark A, Nygaard I, Aragaki A, Barnabei V. 2002. Pelvic organ prolapse in the Women’s Health Initiative: gravity and gravidity. Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 186:1160–1166. https://doi.org/10.1067/mob.2002.123819; PMid:12066091
7.Incontinence: 5th International Consultation on Incontinence. ed. by P Abrams, L Cardozo, S Khoury, A Wein. Paris, France: Health Publications. 2013: 1880.
8.Palm S. Pelvic Organ Prolapse: The Silent Epidemic. Strategic Book Publishing. 2012:76.