- Egg donation as a method of the treatment of infertility of poor responder`s in art clinic
Egg donation as a method of the treatment of infertility of poor responder`s in art clinic
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.8(134):111–116; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.134.111
Strelko G. V. , Ulanova V. V. , Fesay O. A.
Medical Center «Rodynne dzherelo», Kyiv
The objective: сomparative characteristics of patients – poor responders and egg donors with the study of the effectiveness of corypholitropin-α in the schemes of controlled ovarian stimulation with GnRH antagonists protocols.
Materials and methods. The analysis of the main clinical characteristics of the patients in the selected groups, age category, social status, level of education, structure of motivations for participation in ART programs, etc., was carried out. The effectiveness of the scheme of controlled ovarian stimulation using prolonged FSH in the protocol with antGNRH was analyzed in comparison with the daily injections of recombinant FSH into the controlled ovarian stimulation programs in egg donors.
Results. A statistically significant difference was found in the age of the patients in the selected groups, differences in social status, level of education, etc. It has been proven that ovarian stimulation with corypholitropin-α is as effective as daily injection of recombinant FSH for controlled ovarian stimulation from egg donors. In addition, patient perception of protocols using сorifollitropina-α proves better tolerability compared to traditional protocols, due to fewer injections, which reduces the likelihood of early termination of treatment.
Conclusion. The use of prolonged-action FSH has the same efficacy as the traditional protocols of controlled ovarian stimulation in terms of the number of oocytes and embryos obtained, as well as the frequency of pregnancy per cycle and transfer, but at the same time demonstrates a statistically lower dose of FSH.
Key words: poor responders, egg donors, controlled ovarian stimulation, corypholitropin-α.
1. Veropotvelyan NP, Pogulyay YuS, Netrebko TA i dr. (2013). Novyie vozmozhnosti neonatalnogo skrininga: diagnostika monogennyih prichin neyrosensornoy gluhotyi u novorozhdennyih detey s ispolzovaniem suhih pyaten. Neonatologiya, hirurgiya ta perinatalna meditsina III;4(10):100–105.
2. Gyudas LS. (2009). Implantiruyuschayasya oplodotvorennaya yaytsekletka i materinskiy organizm. Problemyi endokrinologii 5:30–32.
3. Palyiga IE. (2013). Klinicheskiy analiz neudachnyih popyitok ispolzovaniya vspomogatelnyih reproduktivnyih tehnologiy. Zdorove zhenschiny 8(84):164–166.
4. Solovev AA, Grischenko NV, Livshits LA. (2013). Chastota geterozigotnogo nositelstva spinalnoy myishechnoy atrofii v Ukraine. Genetika 49;9:1126–1128.
5. Mukovistsidoz v Ukrayini: problema, scho potrebue negaynih dIy. (2014). Sovremennaya pediatriya 3(59):23–27.
6. Castellani C, Cuppens H, Macek JrM et al. (2008). Konsensus po ispolzovaniyu i interpretatsii analiza mutatsiy pri mukovistsidoze v klinicheskoy praktike. Evropeyskoe obschestvo mukovistsidoza. Material opublikovan Elsevier BV: 28.
7. Fertility: assessment and treatment for people with fertility problems. (2013, Feb). National Collaborating Centre for Women’s and Children’s Health. Commissioned by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence.
8. Jenkins JM, Davies DW, Devonport H, Anthony FW, Gadd SC and RHGM Watson Masson. (1991). Comparison of «poor» responders with «good» responders using a standard buserelin/human menopausal gonadotrophin regime for in-vitro fertilization. Human Reproduction 6;7:918–921. View at Google Scholar · View at Scopus. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.humrep.a137459; PMid:1761658
9. Faddy MJ, Gosden RG, Gougeon A, Richardson SJ and Nelson JF. (1992). «Accelerated disappearance of ovarian follicles in mid-life: implications for forecasting menopause. Human Reproduction. 7;10:1342–1346. View at Google Scholar · View at Scopus. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.humrep.a137570; PMid:1291557
10. De Ziegler D, Borghese B and Chapron C. (2010). «Endometriosis and infertility: pathophysiology and management. The Lancet. 376;9742:730–738. View at Publisher · View at Google Scholar · View at Scopus. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(10)60490-4
11. Benaglia L, Somigliana E, Vighi V, Ragni G, Vercellini P and Fedele L. (2010). Rate of severe ovarian damage following surgery for endometriomas. Human Reproduction. 25;3:678–682. View at Publisher · View at Google Scholar · View at Scopus. https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/dep464; PMid:20083485