- The efficacy of the preventive usage of flavonoids among the school age children in the complex reduction of the acute respiratory diseases incidence
The efficacy of the preventive usage of flavonoids among the school age children in the complex reduction of the acute respiratory diseases incidence
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2017.4(84):55-60; doi 10.15574/SP.2017.84.55
Visochina I. L., Abaturov O. E.
SI «Dnepropetrovsk Medical Academy of the Ministry of Healthcare of Ukraine», Dnipro
Objective: to study the clinical and immunological efficacy of flavonoids use (Imunoflazid®, Proteflazid®) with preventive purpose in school age children in a complex of measures to reduce the incidence of acute respiratory diseases.
Materials and methods. A total of 78 children aged 7 to 17 years, for the prevention of acute respiratory disease were assigned Proteflasid (children up to the age of 9 used the Immunoflazid syrup, and children older than 9 were administrated Proteflazide, in a dose corresponding to the manufacturer's medicinal product label) in the season of different calendar years. The duration of seasonal prevention of ARI for all children was 2 weeks. Clinical efficacy of the flavonoids entry in the seasonal prevention regimen was assessed by the intensity and course of acute respiratory disease, the dynamics of the mucocutaneous biocenosis of the upper respiratory tract. The immunological examination (leukocytes, lymphocytes, CD25 +, IgA, IgM, IgG, TFβ1 (DRG ELISA, Germany), IL-4, IL-10, IL-12p70 and IL-12p40 + p70 (ELISA, Diaclone, France), IL-2 (ELISA Kit, Finland) in serum) was used for appraisal as well. Statistical analysis of the research results was carried out by using of the statistical programs Statgraf, Matstat, Microsoft Excel for Windows, and by applying para- and nonparametric reliability criteria.
Results. Carrying out the preventive measures in children of school age using Proteflazide (Imunoflazid®, Proteflazid®) makes it possible to reduce the incidence of acute respiratory infections by 1.2-1.5 times, and in case of disease, reduce the duration of an acute respiratory episode by 1.8-2.2 days. In addition, all emerging acute respiratory infections had low-grade severity. The efficacy of ARI preventive prophylaxis in children aged 7–17 years with Immunoflazid® syrup or Proteflazide® drops made up in average 82%, was characterized as well-tolerated, and provided the formation of eubiosis of the upper respiratory tract mucous membranes in 64.1% of cases. One of the main immunological effects of Proteflaside (Imunoflazid®, Proteflazid®) is its preventive control the possibility of inflammatory process prolonging at the immunological level in school age children.
Conclusions: the use of Proteflazide in the prophylactic regimens of seasonal ARI in school age children is effective and appropriate.
Key words: acute respiratory diseases, children, prophylaxis, Proteflaside.
1. Abaturov AE, Vysochina IL. (2016). Realization of antiviral and antioxidant action of bioflavonoids in the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections. Zdorov'e rebenka. 5(73): 128-134.
2. Beketova GV, Hajtovich NV, Grinevich AI. (2014). Immunoflazid in pediatrics: a system analysis of efficacy and safety of use. Pediatrija. Vostochnaja Evropa. 3(7): 10.
3. Immunoflazid® syrup: treatment and prevention of ARVI and influenza. (2014). Novosti mediciny i farmacii. 21-22 (523-524): 8-9.
4. Instruction for medical use of the drug Imunoflazid®. Approved by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Registration certificate No. UA/5510/01/01 dated 21.10.11 No. 685. The changes made. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine 06.10.2014 No. 705.
5. Lapach SN, Chubenko AV, Babich PN. (2000). Statistical methods in biomedical research using Excel. Kiev, Morion: 320.
6. Kramarev SA, Grinevich AI, Tonkovid OB, Vygovskaja OV. (2014). Meta-analysis of the results of clinical studies of the effectiveness of flavonoids in viral and viral-bacterial diseases in children. Covremennaja pediatrija. 5(61): 1-7.
7. Monitoring of the clinical use of the drug Proteflazid® drops by physicians of various specialties on the territory of Ukraine in 2015. (2016). Novosti mediciny i farmacii. 14(594): 5.
8. Rybalko SL. (2010). Report "Study of the mechanisms of action of biologically active substances of the therapeutic substance Proteflazid": 84.
9. Sokurenko LM. (2012). Antitoxic action imunoflazyd influenza. Tavricheskij mediko-biologicheskij vestnik. 15; 4(60): 339-341.
10. Tokarchuk NІ, Starinec' LS. (2012). Experience with Immunoflazid together preventive measures during the seasonal increase of influenza and ARVI. Perinatologija i pediatrija. 49(1): 1-5.
11. Julish EI, Jaroshenko SJ. (2013). Frequently ill children and pediatrician tactics. Zdorov'e rebenka. 49(6): 101-108.