- Effectiveness of controlled ovulation stimulation in women with low ovarian reserve
Effectiveness of controlled ovulation stimulation in women with low ovarian reserve
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.5(131):45–47; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.131.45
Prodan T. A., Dankovich N. O., Babenko O. M.
Medical Center «Mother and Child», Kyiv
The objective: of the investigation was to study the effectiveness of controlled ovulation stimulation (СOS) in women with low ovarian reserve of various etiologies.
Materials and methods. To achieve this goal, a prospective analysis of the results of COS in 60 patients with a reduced ovarian reserve was carried out. All patients were divided into 2 groups: the first group included patients with ovarian reserve reduction due to the presence of surgical interventions on the ovaries (n=30), the second group – without operation on reproductive organs in the past (n=30). Within the framework of the study, the duration of stimulation, the number of follicles and oocytes obtained were estimated.
Results. The number of follicles obtained was significantly (almost 2 times) higher in patients of the 1-st group (p<0.05). Namely: in women with operated ovaries it were an average 8–9 follicles and 2–3 oocytes was obtained, whereas in patients with low ovarian reserve without surgery – only 4–5 follicles and 1–2 oocytes.
Conclusions. A prospective study showed that in women with a reduced ovarian reserve the effectiveness of COS depends primarily on the etiologic factor of reducing the number of antral follicles.
Key words: ovarian reserve, operated ovaries, controlled ovulation stimulation.
1. Avramenko NV, Barkovskiy DE. 2010. Aspektyi reproduktivnogo zdorovya Ukrainy. Zaporozhskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal 12;3:71-73.
2. Chayka VK, Lutsik VV, Akimova IK, Popova MV. 2007. Opyit lecheniya besplodiya metodom EKO i PE po absolyutnyim pokazaniyam za byudzhetnyie sredstva. Zhіnochiy lIkar 3:13.
3. Pirіg L. 2006. Zdorov’ya naselennya Ukraуinу ta yogo ohorona. Materіalу XI Kongresu svіtovoуi federatsіуi lіkarskih tovaristv 28-30.08.2006 r. Poltava, Drukar: 5-13.
4. Scherbina NA, Gradil OG. 2013. Otsenka vozrastnyih izmeneniy ovarialnogo rezerva u zhenschin s besplodiem. Tavricheskiy mediko-biologicheskiy vestnik 16;2;2(62):140-144.
5. Veleva Z, Järvelä, Ilkka Y, Nuojua-Huttunen Sinikka et al. 2005. An initial low response predicts poor outcome in vitro fertilization/ intracytoplasmic sperm injection despite improved ovarian response in consecutive cycles. Fertil. Steril. 83:1384-1390. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2004.11.056; PMid:15866573
6. Boyarskiy KYu. 2002. Follikulogenez i sovremennaya ovarialnaya stimulyatsiya (obzor literatury). Problemy reproduktsii 1:36–43.
7. Broekmans FJ, Kwee J, Hendriks DJ et al. 2006. A systematic review of tests predicting ovarian reserve and IVF outcome. Hum. Reprod. Update. 12:685–718. https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dml034; PMid:16891297
8. Check ML, Check JH, Wilson C et al. 2004. Outcome of in vitro fertilization / embryo transfer according to age in poor responders with elevated baseline serum follicle stimulation hormone using minimal or no gonadotropin stimulation. Clin. Exp. Obstet. Gynecol. 31(3):183–184. PMid:15495358
9. Kupriyanova II, Petrov IA, Tihonovskaya OA, Fateeva AS, Logvinov SV. 2015. Sostoyanie ovarialnogo rezerva posle operatsiy na matochnyih trubah. Sovremennyie problemy naukі i obrazovaniya 6. URL: http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=23954
10. Check ML, Check JH, Wilson C et al. 2004. Outcome of in vitro fertilization / embryo transfer according to age in poor responders with elevated baseline serum follicle stimulation hormone using minimal or no gonadotropin stimulation. Clin. Exp. Obstet. Gynecol. 31(3):183–184. PMid:15495358PMid:15495358
11. Asada Y, Morimoto Y, Nakaoka Y, Yamasaki T, Suehiro Y, Sugimoto H, Yoshida M, Irahara M. 2017, Sep 18. Age-specific serum anti-Müllerian hormone concentration in Japanese women and its usefulness as a predictor of the ovarian response. Reprod Med Biol. 16(4):364-373.