- Diagnostic significance of x-ray and radiological investigations in girls and women with hyperprolactinemia of various genesis
Diagnostic significance of x-ray and radiological investigations in girls and women with hyperprolactinemia of various genesis
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.2(128):78–80; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.128.78
Rzayeva A. V., Sultanova M. D., Aliyeva E. M., Budahova A. Ya., Abbasova F. Yu.
Azerbaijan Medical University, Baku
The objective: the aim of the study was to determine the informative value of X-ray and radiological methods in girls and women with hyperprolactinemia.
Materials and methods. 92 girls and women with hyperprolactinemia were examined. The study included clinical, laboratory, functional and radiological methods.
Results.According to the data of X-ray craniography 75% of the pathients pathology was not detected, 19.6% had «doubtful» radiologic signs of the pathology of the sella turcica, which included doubling the contours of the saddle, tightening the dura mater in the frontal-parietal region, widening the canals, sclerosing the sella turcica, thickens the meninges behind the sella turcica, strengthens the vascular image of the cranial vault. In 5.4% of patients, organic changes in the sella turcica were found. The presence of «doubtful» and pathological X-ray manifestations of the sella turcica was an indication for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Conclusion.Conduction of MRI allowed to reveal the microadenoma in 4.3% of cases, macroadenoma 1.1%, the syndrome of the «empty» sella turcicain 2.2% of patients, which allowed to consider MRI as a highly informative method for diagnosing pathological formations of the pituitary gland.
Key words: hyperprolactinemia, sella turcica, X-ray craniography, magnetic-resonance imaging, microadenoma, macroadenoma,the syndrome of the «empty» sella turcica.
1. Dedov II, Melnichenko GA. 1985. Persistiruyuschaya galaktoreya-amenoreya (Etiologiya, patogenez, klinika, lechenie). M, «Meditsina»:255.
2. Dedova II, Melnichenko GA. 2008. Endokrinologiya: natsionalnoe rukovodstvo. M, GEOTAR-Media:1072.
3. Mohort TV, Safina MR. 2012. Sindrom giperprolaktinemii: sovremennyie podhodyi k diagnostike i lecheniyu. Reproduktivnoe zdorove. Vostochnaya Evropa. Vyip. 22;4:130–141.
4. Ovsyannikova TV, Makarov IO, Kamilova DP, Hachatryan AM. 2011. Giperprolaktinemiya: sovremennyie podhodyi k diagnostike i lecheniyu. Ginekologiya 13;6:51–53.
5. Tsvetkova NI. 2003. Sindrom giperprolaktinemii v detskom i podrostkovom vozraste: optimizatsiya diagnostiki i lecheniya. M:157.
6. Casanueva FF, Molitch ME, Schlechte JA. 2006. Guidelines of the Pituitary Society for the diagnosis and management of prolactinomas. Clin.Endocrinol. 65:265–273. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2006.02562.x; PMid:16886971
7. Chahal J, Schlechte J. 2008. Hyperprolactinemia. Pituitary. 11:141–146. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11102-008-0107-5; PMid:18404389
8. Diagnosis and Treatment of Hyperprolactinemia: an endocrine society clinical practice guideline. J. Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2011. 96;2:273–288. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2010-1692; PMid:21296991
9. Melmed S, Casanueva FF, Hoffman AR. 2011. Diagnosis and Treatment of Hyperprolactinemia: An Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guidelines. JCEM. 96;2:273–288. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2010-1692
10. Souter I, Baltagi LM, Toth TL, Petrozza JC. 2010. Prevalence of hyperprolactinemia and abnormal magnetic resonance imaging findings in a population with infertility. Fertil Steril. 94:1159–1162. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2009.12.017; PMid:20116788
11. Thorner MO, Martin WH, Rogol AD et al. 1980. Rapid regression of pituitary prolactinomas during bromergocriptine treatment. J. clin. Endocr. 51:438–445. https://doi.org/10.1210/jcem-51-3-438; PMid:6773972