- Destructive-surgical treatment of cervical pathology – pros and cons
Destructive-surgical treatment of cervical pathology – pros and cons
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.9(125):41–43; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.125.41
Chayka K. V., Shalko M. N., Kovalchuk I. V.
National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education PL Shupik, Kyiv
Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Kyiv
The prolonged existence of the pathological process in the cervix channel requires not only the medical correction of inflammatory, dyshormonal, immunosuppressive, dysmetabolic changes in the organism that contribute to their occurrence, but also the use of destructive treatments. Unfortunately, this treatment leads to destructive-pathological changes in the cervical epithelium of the cervix and, as a consequence, to the reproductive function of the woman.
The objective: to evaluate the regenerative capacity of the cervical epithelium after the application of destructive surgical methods for treating its pathology in women of reproductive age.
Materials and methods. On the basis of the Kiev city center of reproductive and perinatal medicine 370 non-pregnant patients with cervical glandular intraepithelial neoplasia were examined and treated. The age of the treated women was 18-45 years. All women were examined cytologically, bacterioscopically, bacteriologically, for the presence of sexually transmitted infections, a diagnosis was made for the human papillomavirus by polymerase chain reaction, histological examination of the biopsy material.
In case of detection of a violation of the vaginal biocenosis, etiopathogenetic treatment was carried out taking into account the detected infectious agents and their sensitivity to antibiotics. The treatment regimens were selected individually and differentially. 130 (35.14%) patients underwent cryodestruction of the cervix by the proposed method, 150 (40.54%) patients underwent excision of the cervix with Heims-Rogovenko knives and 90 (24.32%) patients had conical diathermoelectroexcession of the cervix.
Results. All patients were treated in accordance with the severity of the process. 138 treated women showed cicatricial deformity of the cervix, in 86 – stenosis of the cervical canal was diagnosed, and in 52 – cervical canal atresia.
Conclusion. The use of destructive surgical methods for treating cervical pathology makes it possible to achieve elimination of dysplastic processes. But the frequency of the occurrence of destructive and pathological changes on the surface of the cervix causes a promising search for new methods of influencing the course of the wound process after destructive and surgical treatment to ensure epithelization and preserve the anatomical and functional capacity of the cervical structures.
Key words: cervical pathology, reproductive age, destructive, abnormal cervical degenerative surgical treatment.
1. Yehorov OO. 2010. Kompleksna diahnostyka peredpukhlynnykh zakhvoriuvan shyiky matky. Zhinochyi likar 5:37–43.
2. Kozub NI. Kozub MN. 2010. Pervyy opyt ispolzovaniya radiovolnovoy energii pri lechenii ginekologicheskikh bolnykh. Mezhdunar. med. zhurn. 2:41–44.
3. Marshetta Zh. Dekamp F. 2009. Kolposkopiya. M. MEDpress-inform:200.
4. Patologiya sheyki i tela matki: Rukovodstvo dlya vrachey. Pod red. prof. Kokhanevich EV. Nezhin. Gidromaks. 2009:352.
5. Prilepskaya VN. 2008. Patologiya sheyki matki i genitalnyye infektsii. M. MEDpress-inform:384.
6. Radzinskiy VE. Ordiyants IM. Lebedeva MA. 2010. Effektivnost preparata lokalnogo deystviya dlya epitelizatsii sheyki matki posle radiovolnovoy ekstsizii. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 3:58–60.
7. Khait BM. 2003. Krioterapiya v lechenii dobrokachestvennykh zabolevaniy sheyki matki. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 4:56–57.
8. Meditsinskaya laboratornaya diagnostika (programmy i algoritmy). Tom 3. Pod red. AI Karpishchenko. S.-Peterburg. Intermedika. 2001:544.