- Contents of interleukins-4 and 6 in the serum of blood of children with bronchial asthma, dependence on the severity and level of the control of the diseases
Contents of interleukins-4 and 6 in the serum of blood of children with bronchial asthma, dependence on the severity and level of the control of the diseases
PERINATOLOGY AND PEDIATRIC. UKRAINE. 2018.2(74):79-82; doi 10.15574/PP.2018.74.79
Dudnyk V. M., Kutsak O. V.
Vinnitsa National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Ukraine
Purpose — to determine the content of interlekins-4 and 6 in serum in children with asthma, depending on the severity and level of disease control.
Patients and methods. Determination of the content of interleukins-4 and 6 was carried out in 70 children with asthma of schoolage who were treated in the pullet_monologue department of Vinnitsa children's hospital from 2016 to 2017. In 23 patients there was an intermittent course, in 47 — the persistent course of asthma. Controlled asthma is 19.14%, partly-controlled — 31.91%, uncontrolled — 48.95%. The control group was 25 healthy children of the corresponding age. Determination of the level of interleukins-4, 6 was performed using the ELISA for the Interleukin-4-IFA-BEST and Interleukin-6-IFA-BEST(RF)kit, according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Results. In children with asthma, there was a high level of interleukins in serum, namely, the pro-inflammatory interleukins_6 was increased almost 2 times, and the level of anti_inflammatory interleukins-4 was 1.81 times in compares on with almos the althy children (p<0.001). In patients with persistent bronchial asthma, anincrease in the content of interleukins-6 and interleukins-4 was observed, which was by 15.7% and 17.3%, respectively, as compared with those of the given cytokines in children with intermittent bronchial asthma.
Conclusions. The conducted study found that the content of interleukins-4 and 6 in children suffering from bronchial asthma, directly depended on the severity and control of the disease. Thus, with anuncontrolled course of bronchial asthma, their values were 76.02% and 76.73%, respectively, higher than in children with controlled course, which emphasizes the need for continuous monitoring of the disease.
Key words: bronchial asthma, interleukin-4, interleukin-6, children.
1. AntypkinYuG. (2016). Organization of pediatric care for the population. Pediatrics. Eastern Europe. 4(3): 351-363.
2. AntypkinYuG, Umanec TR, Lapshin VF. (2014). Bronchial asthma associated with allergic rhinitis in children: place of antihistamines in treatment. Asthma and allergy: 60-65.
3. Antypkin YuG, Chumachenko NG, Umanets TR, Lapshyn VF. (2016). Analysis of morbidity and prevalence of bronchial asthma among children from different age groups and regions in Ukraine. Perinatologiya i pediatriya. 1(65): 95-100. doi 10.15574/PP.2016.65.95
4. Gorbas VA, SmyyanOI. (2015). The role of pro-inflammatory (IL-8) and anti-inflammatory (IL-4) interleukin in the activity of the inflammatory process in bronchopulmonary pathology in school-age children. Clinical Pediatrics. Child health 5(20): 74-77.
5. Okhotnykova OM. (2011). This multi-faceted and insidious bronchoobstructive syndrome. Health of Ukraine. 3: 13-22.
6. Senatorova GS, Lupaltzova OS. (2013). Features of the cytokine spectrum (IL-4, IL-6, IL-8, IL-10) in induced sputum in children with bronchitis. Clinical and Experimental Pathology. 12; 1(43): 144-147.
7. Unified clinical protocol of primary, secondary (specialized) medical diagnostics. Bronchial asthma in children. Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine dated 08.10.2013. No. 868: 54.
8. Fomina DS, Goryachkin LA. (2013). Modern concept of phenotyping of bronchial asthma. Clinician's view. Pharmacy. Allergology. Dermatology. 1(13): 30-34.
9. Global strategy for the diagnosis and management of asthma in children 5 years and younger. http: //www.ginasthma/org/pdf/GINA_ Report_2017 pdf.