- The condition of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal-ovarian system in women with tumors and tumoral formations of the organs of the reproductive system in the postmenopausal period
The condition of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal-ovarian system in women with tumors and tumoral formations of the organs of the reproductive system in the postmenopausal period
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.7(133):96–99; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.133.96
Mamedova S. M. , Qarashova M. A. , Aliyeva E. M. , Sultanova S. Q.
Azerbaijan Medical University, Baku
The objective: of the study was to study the state of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal-ovarian system in women with benign preinvasive and tumor-like formations of the reproductive system organs in the postmenopausal period.
Materials and methods. 130 women with various tumors and tumoral formations of reproductive system organs in the postmenopausal period were examined. The parameters of follicle stimulating, luteinizing hormones, estradiol, estrone, prolactin, progesterone, testosterone, dehydroepiandosterone sulfate were studied.
Results. It was established that out of 130 women with various tumors and tumoral formations of the organs of the reproductive system in the postmenopausal period, uterine myoma was defined in 39 (39%), endometrial hyperplasia in 23 (17.7%), tumor-like formation of ovaries in 17 (13.1%).
It was found that in the postmenopausal period, the presence of hyperandrogenia, hyperprolactinemia, and a significant increase in the level of estrone were noted in women with benign, preinvasive and tumor-like formations of the organs of the reproductive system, regardless of tumor origin.
Conclusion. The obtained results allowed to conclude that in the postmenopausal period the presence of uterine fibroids, endometrial hyperplasia and ovarian tumor formation is accompanied by hyperprolactinemia, hyperandrogenism and hyperestrogenism due to an increase in estrone level.
Key words: postmenopausal period, uterine myoma, endometrial hyperplasia, tumor-like formations, hyperandrogenia, hyperprolactinaemia, estrone.
1.Rahimova VV, Aliyeva EM, Safarova SS, Safaraliyeva AR, Abbasova FY. (2018). Postmenopauzal dövrda hiperandrogeniyanın risk amillari. a.e.x., prof. RA Əsgərovun anadan olmanın 85 illik yubileyinə həsr olunmuə. Beynəlxalq Elmi konfrans mater.toplusu. Bakə:117–120.
2. Kovalkova IV. (2010). Profilaktika i lechenie estrogendefitsitnyih sostoyaniy u zhenschin v postmenopauze. Avtoref. dis. kand. med. nauk. M:32.
3. Davyidov AI, Kryizhanovskaya OV. (2009). Giperplasticheskie protsessyi endometriya: kontseptualnyie vosprosyi diagnostiki i lecheniya. Voprosyi ginekologii, akusherstva i perinatologii 8;2:77–82.
4. Saveleva GM, Breusenko VG, Golova YuA, Mishieva OI, Ivanovskaya TN. (2012). Giperplasticheskie protsessyi endometriya v pre- i postmenopauze. Metodyi terapii. Onkoginekologiya 1:43–46.
5. Antunes AJr, Costa-Paiva L, Arthuso M, Costa JV, Pinto-Neto AM. (2007). Endometrial polyps in pre- and postmenopausal women: factors associated with malignancy. Am.J.Maturitas. 57:415–421. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2007.04.010; PMid:17587515
6. Acmaz G, Aksoy H, Albayrak E. (2014). Evaluation of endometrial precancerous lesions in postmenopausal obese women-a high riskgroup? Asian Pac.J. Cancer.Prev. 15:195–198. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.1.195; PMid:24528026
7. Daud S, Jalil SS, Griffin M, Ewies AA. (2011). Endometrial hyperplasia – the dilemma of management remains: a retrospective observational study of 280 women. Eur.J.Obstet Gynecol.Reprod.Biol. 159:172–175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejogrb.2011.06.023; PMid:21764501
8. Mossa B, Torcia F, Avenoso F. (2010). Occurrence of malignancy in endometrial polyps during postmenopause. Eur.J.Gynaecol.Oncol. 31;2:165–168. PMid:20527232
9. Topcu HO, Erkaya S, Guzel AI, Kokanali MK, Sarakaya E. (2014). Risk factors for Endometrial Hyperplasia Concomitant Endometrial Polyps in Pre- and Post-menopausal Women. Asian Pac.J.Cancer Prev. 15;13:5423–5425. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.13.5423; PMid:25041012