- Complex evaluation of diagnostic criteria in women with cystocele and stress urinary incontinence
Complex evaluation of diagnostic criteria in women with cystocele and stress urinary incontinence
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.7(123):107–110; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.123.110
Lyulko A. A.
SI «Zaporozhye Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine»
The purpose of the study: clarification of absolute and relative criteria for the operative treatment of prolapse of the pelvic organs (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI).
Patients and methods. 85 patients with POP and SUI were observed. These women were divided into groups according to the stage of POP and SUI: group 2 – 32 patients with I and II stages of POP and SUI 2a, 2b types of light and moderate severity; group 3 (main) – 53 patients with III and IV stages of POP and SUI type 3 moderate and severe severity. This group of patients subsequently undergone operative treatment according to the patent for utility model No. 109201.
The main group (3rd group) included: 3a group – 28 women with III and IV stages of POP and SUI type 3 moderate and severe severity without delay in urination; 3b group – 25 women with III and IV stages of POP and SUI type 3 moderate and severe severity with delay of urination (chronic or acute).
15 women were examined without complaints, who entered the control group (1st group).
Results. According to the results of the study, it was recorded that, regardless of the stage of the POP and SUI, even it’s minimal manifestation significantly reduces the quality of life of patients (by 64%) due to the impact on the physical, but greater, on the psychological components of health.
Conclusion. The absolute criterion for operative treatment is a set of prolapse of the pelvic organs (POP), urinary incontinence, vesicularization of the bladder type 2a and above, an increase of the posterior urethro-vascular angle of more than 114°.
Treatment of stress urinary incontinence on the background of POP should necessarily include fixation of the uterine ligaments and the Berch surgery because of significant deformation of the bladder neck.
Key words: pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, methods of diagnostics.
1. Bezhenar VF. 2010. Prolaps tazovyih organov u zhenschin: etiologiya, patogenez, printsipyi diagnostiki: Posobie dlya vrachey. Pod red. EK Aylamazyana. SPb.
2. Bezmenko AA, Berlev IV. 2011. Etiologiya i patogenez genitalnogo prolapsa. Zhurnal akusherstva i zhenskih bolezney 60;1:129—138.
3. Nevrologiya. Natsionalnoe rukovodstvo. Kratkoe izdanie. Pod red. EI Guseva, AN Konovalova, AB Geht. 2016: 688.
4. Nechiporenko NA, Egorova TYu, Yutsevich GV. 2009. Sinteticheskie protezyi v hirurgicheskom lechenii zhenschin s vyipadeniem polovyih organov. Akush. i gin. 2:64-67.
5. Radzinskiy VE. 2010. Perineologiya. M, MIA:372: il.
6. Smolnova TYu, Buyanova SN, Savelev SV i dr. 2003. Fenotipicheskiy simptomokompleks displazii soedinitelnoy tkani u zhenschin. Klinicheskaya meditsina 81;8: 42–48.
7. Awwad J, Sayegh R, Yeretzian J et al. 2012. Prevalence, risk factors, and predictors of pelvic organ prolapse: a community-based study. Menopause 19;11:1235–1241. https://doi.org/10.1097/gme.0b013e31826d2d94; PMid:23096244
8. Bump RC, Mattiasson A, Bo K et al. 1996. The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction. Am J Obstet Gynecol 175(1):10–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9378(96)70243-0