- Comparative study of the efficacy of topical therapy of mixed vaginitis associated with cervicitis by combined medications
Comparative study of the efficacy of topical therapy of mixed vaginitis associated with cervicitis by combined medications
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.5(132):42–49; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.132.42
Pyrohova V. I. , Shurpyak S. O. , Fayta Yu. R. , Malachinska M. Y. , Kuz N. M.
Lviv National Medical University named after Danylo Halytsky
MI of the Lviv Regional Council «Lviv Regional Center for Reproductive Health of the Population»
The objective: to increase the effectiveness of local therapy for recurrent nonspecific vaginitis associated with cervicitis in women of reproductive age on the basis of a comparative evaluation of combined drugs Terzhinan and Neo Penotran Forte.
Materials and methods. A prospective, open comparative study included 56 women aged 27.5±2.8 years with recurrent nonspecific vaginitis and cervicitis who were randomized to the main group and comparison group. Patients of the main group (n=28) received the drug Terzhinan® (1 vaginal tablet in the evening, before bed, for 10 days).
The comparison group included 28 patients who received Neo-Pentran Forte (1 vaginal suppository in the evening, before bedtime, for 10 days), one vaginal suppository containing 750 mg of metronidazole and 200 mg of miconazole nitrate. The complex clinical-paraclinical examination included the determination of the state of the vaginal microbiota using several methods in parallel: a bacterioscopy of vaginal smears stained by Gram, a bacteriological rapid method using AFGENITAL SYSTEM (Liofilchem®, Italy), real-time PCR (Florocenosis) with detection antigens of chlamydia, herpes simplex virus, human papillomavirus, trichomonads.
Results. The main reason for the treatment of patients were abundant pathological discharge from the genital tract (73.2%), pruritus (37.5%) and burning (23.2%) in the vulva, pain during sexual intercourse (8.9%), while 33.9% of women expressed combined complaints. Attention was drawn to the significant frequency of dyshormonal pathology among women with recurrent cervico-vaginal infections. In the examined women, uterine leiomyoma was diagnosed (28.6%), genital endometriosis (19.6%), fibrocystic breast disease (37.5%), combined benign dyshormonal diseases of the genital organs (14.3%). About 21.4% of patients treatment of thyroid gland dysfunction (hypothyroidism). According to the comprehensive examination, in all patients of clinical groups, decompensated vaginal dysbiosis was diagnosed, which was manifested by a sharp decrease in the absence of Lactobacillus spp strains in 39.3% of patients and an increase in the number of isolated opportunistic and pathogenic microorganisms to 1011 CFU/ml with an increase in the number of microorganisms in microbial associations (from 2–3 to 5–6 conditionally pathogenic and pathogenic pathogens) in all the cases analyzed. When using the genital express system in vaginal contents, women of the main group identified Escherichia coli (17.9%), Pseudomonas spp. (10.7%), Gardnerella vaginalis (39.3%), Staphylococcus aureus (17 9%), Enterococcus faecalis (25.0%), Streptococcus Group B (10.7%), Candida spp. (46.4%), Mycoplasma spp./Ureaplasma ur. in the title > 105 (14.0%). In the comparison group, the spectrum of detected pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms did not differ significantly from the data of the main group.
92.6% of patients in the main group had a pronounced positive clinical effect, and a positive microbiological effect was achieved in 96.4% of cases that persisted during the next two months of follow-up. Without additional prescription of antifungal agents, a positive effect was achieved in 84.6% of patients in the main group with mixed bacterial-candidiasis vaginitis at 54.5% in the comparison group.
The independent recovery of the lactobacilli pool to a titer of 107–109 CFU/ml in 17.9% of patients with a lack of detection of lactobacilli before treatment. A similar effect was not observed in the comparison group.
Сonclusion. In a comparative study of the results of the use of Terzhinan and Neo-Penotran Forte in monotherapy in patients with inflammatory diseases of the lower genitalia (nonspecific recurrent vaginitis and cervicitis), the high clinical and microbiological efficacy of Terzhinan has been demonstrated.
Key words: mixed vaginitis, cervicitis, Terzhinan, Neo-Penotran Forte.
1. Dovlethanova ER, Abakarova PR. 2012. Vozmozhnosti kompleksnogo lecheniya hronicheskih tservitsitov. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 4-1:83–86.
2. Dubossarskaya YuA, Dubossarskaya ZM. 2012. Terzhinan – preparat vyibora pri lechenii bakterialnogo vaginoza. Zdorove zhenschinyi 6(72):147-152.
3. Zharkin NA, Lemyakina EV, Burova NA. 2012. Kompleksnoe lechenie nespetsificheskih tservitsitov u nerozhavshih zhenschin. Lekarstv. vestn. 8:35–39.
4. Karatyuk TI. 2012. Opyt primeneniya kombinirovannogo preparata, soderzhaschego neomitsin, nistatin, prednizolon, ternidazol, pri lechenii vospalitelnyih zabolevaniy nizhnego otdela genitaliy u zhenschin. Rossiyskiy vestnik akushera-ginekologa 6:76-80.
5. Letyaeva OI, Ziganshin OR. 2014. Znachenie lokalnoy terapii v korrektsii mikrobiotsenoza genitalnogo trakta u zhenschin reproduktivnogo vozrasta. Yuzhno-Uralskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal 2:35-40.
6. Moroz VA. 2010. Farmakologicheskie aspektyi ispolzovaniya kombinirovannyih protivomikrobnyih sredstv v lechenii infektsiy zhenskoy polovoy sferyi. Dermatovenerologiya. Kosmetologiya. Seksopatologiya 1-2:184-191.
7. Prilepskaya VN, Ankirskaya AS, Bayramova GR i dr. 2007. Effektivnost i priemlemost kombinirovannoy terapii hronicheskogo retsidiviruyuschego vulvovaginalnogo kandidoza. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 6:53-55.
8. Rogovskaya SI. 2010. Prakticheskaya kolposkopiya. M, GEOTAR-Media:232.
9. Romaschenko OV, Lebed LA, Yakovenko LF i dr. 2009. Pereotsenka podhodov k diagnostike i lecheniyu vospalitelnyih zabolevaniy genitaliy, obuslovlennyih mikst-infektsiey. Zdorove zhenschinyi 5:161-168.
10. Savicheva AM, Tapilskaya NI, Shipitsyina EV, Vorobeva NE. 2017. Bakterialnyiy vaginoz i aerobnyiy vaginit kak osnovnyie narusheniya balansa vaginalnoy mikrofloryi. Osobennosti diagnostiki i terapii. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 5:24-31.
11. Sergienko VI, Bondareva IB. 2000. Matematicheskaya statistika v klinicheskih issledovaniyah. M, GEOTAR Meditsina:256.
12. Serov VN. 2005. Ratsionalnaya terapiya vlagalischnyih infektsiy. Ginekologiya 7:115-118.
13. Sidorova IS, Borovkova EI. 2007. Rezultatyi sravnitelnogo issledovaniya effektivnosti primeneniya preparatov mestnogo deystviya v terapii nespetsificheskih vospalitelnyih zabolevaniy vlagalischa. Rossiyskiy vestnik akushera-ginekologa 3:63-66.
14. Sovremennaya diagnostika i lechenie vaginalnyih infektsiy v proektsii ambulatornogo priema. Novoe v praktike vracha. II Obscherossiyskiy seminar «Reproduktivnyiy potentsial Rossii: versii i kontraversii. Moskovskie chteniya». Effektivnaya farmakoterapiya. 2017. 26:46-50.
15. Sravnitelnaya otsenka aktivnosti sostavlyayuschih preparatov Polizhinaks i Terzhinan in vitro (otchet ob issledovanii, provedennom v laboratorii Nosocotech (Lion, Frantsiya), 15 dekabrya 2011 g.). Meditsinskie aspektyi zdorovya zhenschinyi. 2012. 3(54):44-46.
16. Donders G, Bellen G, Rezeberga D. 2011. Aerobic vaginitis in pregnancy. BJOG. 118(10):1163-1170. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2011.03020.x; PMid:21668769
17. Sherrard J, Donders G, White D, Jensen JS. 2011. European (IUSTI/WHO) guideline on the management of vaginal discharge. Intern. J. STD & AIDS. 22(8):421-429. https://doi.org/10.1258/ijsa.2011.011012; PMid:21795415