- Clinical status and peculiarities of microbiocenosis of periodontal tissues in adolescents with catarrhal gingivitis and chronic gastroduodenitis
Clinical status and peculiarities of microbiocenosis of periodontal tissues in adolescents with catarrhal gingivitis and chronic gastroduodenitis
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2018.5(93):20-25; doi 10.15574/SP.2018.93.20
Lisetska I. S., Rozhko M. M., Kutsyk R. V.
SHEI "Ivano–Frankivsk National Medical University", Ukraine
Periodontal diseases rank second in the incidence and prevalence after caries and remain an actual problem of paediatric dentistry. This pathology occurs due to the wide range of factors. The pathological processes in periodontium particularly often occur in adolescents with general somatic diseases, including patients with gastrointestinal diseases.
Objective: to determine the peculiarities of clinical status and microbiocenosis of the periodontal tissues in adolescents with catarrhal gingivitis and chronic gastroduodenitis with subsequent planning of preventive and curative interventions.
Materials and methods. A clinical dental examination of 38 adolescents aged 12 to 18 years with generalized catarrhal gingivitis and chronic gastroduodenitis constituting the main group was carried out. The comparison group included 25 adolescents of similar age with diagnosed generalized catarrhal gingivitis without somatic pathology. As a control were used results of similar studies conducted in 20 adolescents of the corresponding age without signs of gingival inflammation and somatic diseases. Microbiological study of the periodontal sulcus content was also conducted.
Results. The course of gingivitis in the main group was predominantly chronic or in the exacerbation phase, of moderate severity, with the chief complaint of gingival bleeding.
The chronic catarrhal gingivitis of mild severity was predominantly diagnosed in the comparison group. The obtained findings of microbiological tests proved that the most likely cause of the inflammatory gingival process may be the development of oral dysbiosis against a background of somatic pathology (chronic gastroduodenitis) in combination with inadequate oral hygiene.
Conclusions. The catarrhal gingivitis prevalence in adolescents with chronic gastroduodenitis is higher than in those without any concomitant somatic pathology. In adolescents with catarrhal gingivitis, which associated with chronic gastroduodenitis, there are more marked quantitative and qualitative changes in the gingival microbiocenosis.
Key words: periodontal diseases, chronic gastroduodenitis, adolescents, generalized catarrhal gingivitis, microbiocenosis.
1. Bezvushko EV. (2008). Formation peculiarities of parodont tissues pathologies in children that resides in different ecological areas. Visnyk stomatologii. 2: 97–101.
2. Bogatu SI, Iaremenko II, Liubchenko EA, Shnaider SA, Levitsky AP. (2017). The mouth state in gastritis patients. Visnyk stomatologii. 4: 23-26.
3. Volf Gerbert F, Edit M Rateizchak. (2014). Paradontology. Moscow: Medpress-inform: 548.
4. Dychko EN, Kovach IV, Chotimska UV, Fedoriak NV. (2012). Frequency of dental diseases in children. Medychni perspectyvy. 17; 2 : 114-116.
5. Laboratory research methods in the clinic: Manual (1987). Ed. VV Menshikov. – Moscow: Medicine : 316–317.
6. Leus PA, Yudin NA. (2016). Periodontal disease. Minsk : Energopress: 350.
7. Maliy D, Antonenko M. (2013). Disease epidemiology periodont: age aspect. Ukrainian Scientifice Medical Youth Journal. 4: 41–43.
8. Mashchenko I, Samoilenko V. (2012). Pyndus Diagnostic and prognostic significance of parameters biocenosis and local immunity in chronic catarrhal gingivitis in young men. Suchasna stomatolohiya. 3: 54–57.
9. Moiseenko RA, Dudina EA, Goyda NG. (2017). Analysis of incidence and prevalence of diseases among children in Ukraine for the 2011-2015 period. Sovremennaya pediatriya. 2 (82): 17–27. https://doi.org/10.15574/SP.2017.82.17
10. Nazarian RS, Tkachenko MV. (2016). Determination of some components of the dental status of children with cystic fibrosis. Ukrainian dental almanac. 2; 1 : 80–83.
11. Determination of Bergy bacteria. In 2 t. Per. from english. Dzh Hoolt, N Krig, P. Snit, J Steli, S Viljams. (Eds.). (1997). 9th ed. Moscow: Mir : 553–559.
12. Parkhomenko LK. (2017). Medical and social problems in adolescence and ways of their solution. Sovremennaya pediatriya. 4(84): 16–21. doi 10.15574/SP.2017.84.16
13. Peresypkina TV. (2014). Health status and prognosis of diseases prevalence in among children of Ukraine. Zdorovie rebionka. 8 (59): 12–15.
14. Romanenko EG. (2012). Type and frequencies of changes in oral cavity in children with chronic gastroduodenatis. Zdorovie rebionka. 1 (36): 70-73.
15. Savichuk NO. (2015). Correction of microecological disorders as part of treatment and prophylactic measures in children with chronic generalized catarrhal gingivitis. Delta Digest. 1: 5–8.
16. Smolar NI, Solonko GM. (2012). Sanation of the oral cavity in children with burdened somatic anamnesis. News of stomatology. 4: 16-20.
17. Khomenko LA, Dud OV. (2013). Dental and immune status of children with chronic somatic diseases. Dentistry of childhood and prevention. 12; 4 (47): 57–60.
18. Periodontal disease. More than just gums. (2014). Mayo Clin Health Lett. 32; 10: ZE01-4.
Article received: Feb 26, 2018. Accepted for publication: Aug 30, 2018.