- The clinical efficiency of vaginal suppositories containing miramistin, for pregnant women with nonspecific vaginitis before installation of cervical pessaries
The clinical efficiency of vaginal suppositories containing miramistin, for pregnant women with nonspecific vaginitis before installation of cervical pessaries
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.7(123):52–58; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.123.52
Konkov D.G., Starover A. V., Bulavenko O. V., Vozniuk A. V.
Vinnitsa national medical University M. I. Pirogov
The objective: to assess the clinical efficacy of vaginal suppositories containing miramistine in the treatment of nonspecific vaginitis in pregnant users of cervical pessaries.
Patients and methods. The study involved 58 pregnant women at the gestational age of 16–22 weeks with nonspecific vaginitis who, for preventing of late pregnancy loss, from behind from of cervical insufficiency, who had indications for installation of cervical pessary. 30 women were the main group, treatment – suppositories with miramistin (Tamistol®), 28 women were as comparison group – suppositories with chlorhexidine. A comparative assessment of the effectiveness of treatment was conducted on the basis of regression of women’s complaints, the results of bacterioscopic and bacteriological studies immediately and in dynamics after the installation of pessaries.
Results. Local application of suppositories with miramistine or chlorhexidine, had a pronounced clinical effect in the treatment of nonspecific vaginitis in the second trimester of pregnancy. However, the use of suppositories with miramistine were more effective than the use of chlorhexidine in terms of the regression of complaints of pruritus (RR 3.48; 95% CI: 1.29–9.42; p=0.014) and a burning (RR 3.57; 95% CI: 1.09–11.66; p=0.035) in the vagina, the normalization of clinical indicators (disappearance of clinical symptoms through 3.8±0.9 days versus 5.6±1.3 days), the decrease in microbial contamination in vaginal discharge of pregnant women and absence of recurrences.
Conclusion. Use of suppositories Tamystol® for the treatment of nonspecific vaginitis in the second trimester of pregnancy, before installation of cervical pessary provided an expressive clinical effect without further recurrence of the disease.
Key words: vaginal suppositories, miramistin, chlorhexidine, premature birth, cervical insufficiency, nonspecific vaginitis, cervical pessary.
1. Dobrohotova YuE. 2013. Nevyinashivanie beremennosti: infektsionnyie faktoryi. Meditsinskie aspektyi zdorovya zhenschinyi 5(69):32–37.
2. Konkov DH, Bulavenko OV, Starovier AV ta in. 2016. Kompleksna prohnostychna otsinka stanu shyiky matky shchodo vynyknennia istmiko-tservikalnoi nedostatnosti. Informatsiinyi lyst na novovvedennia v sferi okhorony zdorovia 170: 4.
3. Spyrydonova NV, Basyna EY, Melkadze EV. 2012. Nespetsyfycheskyi vahynyt u beremennыkh: vozmozhno ly lechenye s sokhranenyem vahynalnыkh laktobatsyll? Akusherstvo. Hynekolohyia. Reproduktsyia 6;1:6–13.
4. Konkov DH, Bulavenko OV, Starovier AV, Astakhova OV. 2016. Profilaktyka piznikh vykydniv ta peredchasnykh polohiv. Informatsiinyi lyst na novovvedennia v sferi okhorony zdorovia 171: 5.
5. Profilaktyka peredchasnykh polohiv: metodychni rekomendatsii. avtory-ukladachi: D.H. Konkov, O.V. Bulavenko, S.R. Halych, I.A. Zhabchenko, A.V. Starovier, O.Iu. Zhuravlov. Vinnytskyi natsionalnyi medychnyi universytet im. M.I. Pyrohova; Odeskyi natsionalnyi medychnyi universytet; DU «Instytut pediatrii, akusherstva ta hinekolohii» NAMN Ukrainy. ZAO «MP Symurh» (Bilorus). K., 2017: 36.
6. Leitich H, Bodner-Adler B, Brunbauer M et al. 2003. Bacterial vaginosis as a risk factor for preterm delivery: a meta-analysis. Am. J. Obstet.Gynecol. 189:139–147. https://doi.org/10.1067/mob.2003.339; PMid:12861153