- Clinical case of diagnosis, treatment of endometriosis and abnormal development of the reproductive system. Clinical observation of multiple developmental disorders of the genitourinary and cardiovascular systems and endometriosis
Clinical case of diagnosis, treatment of endometriosis and abnormal development of the reproductive system. Clinical observation of multiple developmental disorders of the genitourinary and cardiovascular systems and endometriosis
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2018.10(136):18–21; doi 10.15574/HW.2018.136.18
Dronov О. I. , Dronova V. L. , Roshchina L. A. , Teslyuk R. S. , Deineka E. R.
SI «Institute of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology named after academician Ye.M. Lukyanova NAMS of Ukraine», Kiev
Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev
Kiev City Clinical Hospital № 10
Varieties of anomalies and their manifestations in different age groups creates considerable difficulties in recognizing these defects. Many malformations are incompatible with life. Mostly among patients with malformations of the urogenital system are women. The pathogenesis of developmental malformations is not fully understood. Patients with congenital malformations of the genitourinary system undergo numerous surgical interventions throughout life; receive medication, aimed at eliminating the complications associated with dysfunction.
In our clinical case, we are faced with numerous malformations of the urogenital and cardiovascular systems, whose correction has been carried out for 19 years. In addition, this patient underwent medical and surgical treatment of endometriosis.
Malformations require lifelong treatment and material support. They lead to disability, astenisation, suicidal attempts of patients. When determining the causes of malformations, their elimination, early diagnosis can reduce the number of people suffering from symptoms of organs’s dysfunction.
Key words: urogenital and cardiovascular malformations, endometriosis.
1. Lopatkin NA, Lyulko AV. (1987). Anomalii mochepolovoy sistemy. K, «Zdorovya».
2. Association of unilateral renal agenesis and genital anomalies. (2002). Amin J. Barakat Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, VA, U.S.A Case Rep Clin Pract Rev 3(2): 57-60.
3. Griffin JE, Edwards C, Madden JD et al. (1976). Congenital absence of the vagina: The Mayer– Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome. Ann Intern Med. 85:224-36. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-85-2-224; PMid:782313
4. Fedele L, Bianchi S, Agnoli B et al. (1963). Urinary tract anomalies associated with unicornuate uterus. J Urol, 1996; 155: 847-8, Woolf RE, Allen WB: Concomittent malformation, the frequent simultaneous occurrence of congenital malformations of the reproductive and urinary tracts. J Obstet Gynec 2: 256-65.
5. Ashley DJ, Mostofi FK. (1960). Renal agenesis and dysgenesis. J Urol 83:211-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-5347(17)65695-7
6. Rolen AC, Choquette AJ, Semmens JP. (1966). Rudementary uterine horn: Obstetric and gynecologic implications. Obstet Gynecol 27:806-13. PMid:5935433
7. Li S, Qayyum A, Coakley FV, Hricak H. (2000). Association of renal agenesis and mullerian duct anomalies. J Comput Assist Tomogr 24:829-34. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004728-200011000-00001; PMid:11105695
8. Keating JP, Yu MH, Grunewald B. (1995). Hernia uterus inguinale associated with unilateral renal agenesis. Aust NZ J Surg 65:688-90. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1445-2197.1995.tb00682.x; PMid:7575304
9. Association of unilateral renal agenesis and genital anomalies. (2002).Amin J. Barakat Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, VA, U.S.A Case Rep Clin Pract Rev 3(2): 57-60.
10. Thompson DP, Lynn HB. (1966). Genital anomalies associated with solitary kidney. Mayo Clin Proc 41: 538-48. Wiersma AF, Peterson LF, Justema EJ. (1976). Uterine anomalies associated with unilateral renal agenesis. Obstet Gynec 47: 654-7.
11. Phupong V, Pruksananonda K, Taneeppanichskul S et al. (2000). Double uterus with unilaterally obstructed hemivagina and ipsilateral renal agenesis: a variety presentation and a 10-year review of the literature. J Med Assoc Thai 83:569-74.
12. Nazim Syed Muhammad, Zaidi Zafar. (2012, Oct). Bilateral ectopic ureters with bladder agenesis. J Pak Med Assoc. 62(10):1086–1089.