- Characteristics of markers of metabolic syndrome and features of the course of early gestation in pregnant women with the threat of miscarriage, depending on the body weight of the pregnant woman
Characteristics of markers of metabolic syndrome and features of the course of early gestation in pregnant women with the threat of miscarriage, depending on the body weight of the pregnant woman
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.9(125):69–76; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.125.69
Duka Yu. M.
SI «Dnipropetrovsk medical Academy of MH of Ukraine», Dnipro
The article gives a scientific and practical justification for the expansion of the diagnostic algorithm in pregnant women with the threat of miscarriage, taking into account the woman’s phenotype.
The objective: was to study the basic patterns of the formation and disruption of the reproductive system in pregnant women with overweight and obesity and to evaluate possible criteria for the formation of endocrine and metabolic disorders for the timely diagnosis and prevention of perinatal complications in pregnant women, depending on their phenotype.
Materials and methods. Clinical groups comprised 175 pregnant women of different body weight (120 women with overweight and obesity, who were observed from a small gestation period on the basis of the department of fetal medicine and the pathology of early pregnancy of the communal institution «Dnepropetrovsk Regional Perinatal Center with a hospital» in the city of Dnepr (I clinical group) and 55 pregnant women with normal body weight (II clinical group – comparison group)).
Results. The dependence of the detection of menstrual cycle disorders in women with overweight and obesity is 1.5 times more often than in women with normal weight. The course of early gestation was analyzed. The necessity of lipid and carbohydrate profile estimation in these patients is substantiated. Authentic criteria of violations of carbohydrate metabolism are specified.
Сonclusion. It is necessary to move from the assessment of the effects of obesity to the «Body Mass Index-Oriented Approach» to the assessment based on the «complicity approach». This will make it possible to individualize therapeutic tactics in pregnant women depending on their phenotype and reduce the incidence of gestational complications and perinatal losses.
Key words: phenotype, pregnancy, loss of pregnancy, obesity, phenotype, carbohydrate profile, lipid profile, hormonal characteristics.
1. Berixanova RR, Xripunova GI. 2007. Features of the course of pregnancy and childbirth in patients with obesity. Akusherstvo i ginekologiya 6:9-12.
2. Borovkova EI. 2010. Management in a patient overweight and obese. Materialy obrazovatelnogo seminara «Reproduktivnoe zdorove zhenshhin vne i vo vremya beremennosti» 23-27.
3. Borovkova EI. 2010. Pregnancy management in patients with obesity and obesity. Akusherstvo, ginekologiya i reproduktologiya 4(2):21-25.
4. Makarov IO, Shilov EM, Novikova MS et al. 2011. Effect of pregnancy on the progression of components of the metabolic syndrome. Akusherstvo, ginekologiya i reproduktologiya 4:20-26.
5. Dedov II, Melnichenko GA. 2004. Obesity. Etiology, pathogenesis, clinical aspects. Moscow, LLS «MIA»: 456.
6. Kim TV. 2011. Structure of extragenital pathology in pregnant women with obesity. Sibirskij medicinskij zhurnal 26(4), 1: 104-108.
7. Komshilova KA, Dzgoeva FX. 2009. Pregnancy and obesity. Ozhirenie i metabolism. 4:9-13.
8. Makarov IO, Borovkova EI, Bajramova MYu. 2011. The course of pregnancy and childbirth in obese patients. Akusherstvo, ginekologiya i reproduktologiya 5(1):22-28.
9. Makolkin VI. 2010. Metabolic Syndrome. Moscow: LLS «MIA»:114.
10. Pshenichnikova TB, Peredyayeva EB, Donina EV et al. 2013. Place thrombophilia in the structure of fetal loss syndrome in women with metabolic syndrome. Obstetrics, gynecology and reproductology 7(4):35-43.
11. Makatsariya AD, Pshenichnikova EB, Pshenichnikova ТB, Bitsadze VO. 2006. Metabolic syndrome and thrombophilia in obstetrics and gynecology. Moscow, LLS «MIA»: 480.
12. Ajlamazyan EK. 2010. Women's Obesity and Reproductive System: A Handbook for Physicians. Sankt-Peterburg, izdatelstvo N-L: 68.
13. Pshenichnikova EB, Perederyaeva EB, Makacariya AD. 2008. Metabolic syndrome, thrombophilia and pregnancy. Zhurnal rossijskoj associacii akusherstva i ginekologii. 1:44-48.
14. Rebrova OYu. 2002. Statistical analysis of medical data. Application of application of STATISTICA package. M, Media Sfera: 312.
15. Belocerkovceva ID, Vasechko TM, Erchenko EN et al. 2008. The state of carbohydrate and fat metabolism and the risk of perinatal pathology in pregnant women with obesity. Vestnik novyx medicinskix texnologij xv(2):56-59.