- The capabilities of ultrasound study in the diagnosis of inflammatory diseases in women with chronic pelvic pain
The capabilities of ultrasound study in the diagnosis of inflammatory diseases in women with chronic pelvic pain
HEALTH OF WOMAN. 2017.8(124):57–60; doi 10.15574/HW.2017.124.57
Ibadova S. T.
Azerbaijan State Institute for the Improvement of Doctors A. Aliyev, Baku
The objective: аn ultrasound study and analysis of the main echographic signs of inflammatory diseases of the uterus and adnexa in women with chronic pelvic pain.
Patients and methods. Echographic examination of organs of small pelvis in 3D-mode was performed in 41 women, of which 25 (61.0%) patients with suspected inflammatory process of uterine appendages (oophoritis, salpingitis, tubo-ovarian education), 6 (14.6%) – inflammation of the uterus (endometritis) and 10 (24.4%) – inflammation of the cervix.
Results. Found that in inflammatory diseases of the uterine appendages, in addition to the specific sonographic features, there is a common ultrasound markers of this process in the pelvis. These include pain in the study, the presence of fluid in the pelvic cavity, small, often moving hyperechoic inclusions with acoustic phenomenon, as well as peritoneal adhesions detected on the background fluid.
Conclusions. For patients with endometritis was characterized by a heterogeneous structure of the endometrium, which is the presence of multiple mixed anechoic and hypoechoic inclusions, with a clear outline and the lack of it. For patients with endocervicitis was characterized by a heterogeneous structure of the mucosa, which was in the plural mixed anechoic and hypoechoic inclusions, having a clear contour.
Key words: inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs, pelvic pain, ultrasound.
1. Abdyildabekova KB. 2013. Ultrazvukovoe skanirovanie organov malogo taza zhenschin kak metod diagnostiki i differentsialnoy diagnostiki zabolevaniy pridatkov matki. Vestnik KGMA im. I.K. Ahunbaeva 2:27–30.
2. Ivanova LI. 2016. Prakticheskaya ultrazvukovaya diagnostika. Rukovodstvo dlya vrachey. V 5-i tomah. M. (Ultrazvukovaya diagnostika zabolevaniy zhenskih polovyih organov) 3: 244.
3. Nilova AG, Lyubitskaya NV, Penkova ON. 2015. Ultrazvukovyie kriterii effektivnosti lecheniya vospalitelnyih zabolevaniy organov malogo taza u zhenschin reproduktivnogo vozrasta. V sbornike: Urgentnaya i rekonstruktivno-vosstanovitelnaya hirurgiya Sbornik nauchnyih trudov. Samara: 63–65.
4. Shvarts PG, Popov SV, Goryachev FK, Gurev MN. 2017. Hronicheskaya tazovaya bol: diagnostika i lechebnye podhody. Kremlevskaya meditsina. Klinicheskiy vestnik 2:71–78.
5. Shelkovnikova NV, Neymark AI. 2013. Sindrom hronicheskoy tazovoy boli v uroginekologii. Terra Medica. 3:58.
6. Yarotskaya EL. 2017. Prichinyi tazovyih boley u zhenschin. Meditsinskaya sestra 1:8–13.