- Angiomatous polyp of nasopharynx
Angiomatous polyp of nasopharynx
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2017.6(86):48-50; doi 10.15574/SP.2017.86.48
Kosakivska I. A.
Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kyiv, Ukraine
Introduction. Polyps of ENT organs have different morphological structure. In those cases where the stroma of polyp is particularly vascularized, it is classified as angiomatous.
The aim of the study was to increase the diagnosis of nasopharyngeal diseases in children.
Material and methods. Under our supervision there was a girl L., 9 years old, with an angiomatous polyp of the nasopharynx. Neoplasm was diagnosed 2 weeks after adenotomy. Pathohistological conclusion of biopsy material from two laboratories was juvenile angiofibroma of the nasopharynx.
Results and its discussion. With the help of Beckman's adenotom No. 5, the lesion was removed from the nasopharynx, which was localized on a pedicle, measured 10×15 mm, along the median line at the back wall of the nasopharynx in its middle third. Pathohistological conclusion – angiomatous polyp.
Conclusions. Angiomatous nasopharyngeal polyp belongs to rare diseases and requires differential diagnosis with recurrence of adenoid vegetations and juvenile angiofibroma of the nasopharynx. Most likely, angiomatous polyp in this case was formed on the site of the remainder of adenoid vegetations. In differential diagnosis, the clinic should be evaluated first of all, and pathogistological studies, if necessary, should be repeated in different laboratories.
Key words: angiomatous nasopharynx polyp, treatment, case studies, children.
1. Abrikosov AI. (1963). Allergiya i voprosyi patologii. Moskva: Meditsina: 276.
2. Protasevych HS, Yashan IA, Yashan OI, Ihnatiuk VM. (1999). Do pytannia pro krovotochyvyi polip perehorodky nosa. Zdobutky klinichnoi ta eksperymentalnoi medytsyny. Vyp. 4. Ternopil: Ukrmedknyha: 277—281.
3. Kosakivska IA. (2012). Patent Ukrainy na vynakhid № 99043. MPK (2012.01) A61V17/00. Bipoliarnyi elektroprystrii dlia koahuliatsii tkanyn. Zaiavleno 01.03.2011; Opubl. 10.07.2012 r. Biul. No. 13.
4. Serov VV, Paukov VS. (1995). Vospalenie. Moskva: Meditsina: 640.