- Analysis and prospects of new clinical guidelines ААР(2017) for screening and control of high blood pressure in children and adolescents
Analysis and prospects of new clinical guidelines ААР(2017) for screening and control of high blood pressure in children and adolescents
SOVREMENNAYA PEDIATRIYA.2018.4(92):27-39; doi 10.15574/SP.2018.92.27
Marushko Yu. V., Hyshchak T. V.
Bogomolets National Medical University, Kyiv, Ukraine
The aim of this article is to familiarize practitioners with the important points of the clinical guidelines for screening and control of high blood pressure in children and adolescents of the American Pediatric Academy in 2017. These recommendations suggest new criteria of arterial hypertension (AH) in children, refined normative data of blood pressure, detailed and user-friendly diagnostic algorithm. In our opinion, compliance with the algorithms in the guidelines will improve the quality of diagnosis and treatment of hypertension in children and significantly reduce the number of patients with complicated course of the disease.
Key words: arterial hypertension, children, diagnosis, treatment, new guidelines.
1. Korenev NM, Bogmat LF, Nosova EM et al. (2014). Arterial hypertension in adolescents: factors of stabilization and progression. Zdorove rebenka. 3(54): 6-11.
2. Maidannyk VH et al. (2014). Prevalence in Ukraine of metabolic syndrome among children with excess body weight (multicenter study). Mezhdunarodnyiy zhurnal pediatrii, akusherstva i ginekologii. 6(1): 44-45.
3. Marushko YuV, Marushko TV (Eds.), Artemenko YeO et al. (2017). Cardiology of Childhood: A Manual. Kyiv: 700.
4. Hyshchak TV, Marushko YuV (2016). Adaptation phase in children with primary hypertension. Sovremennaya Pediatriya. 7(79): 88-93. https://doi.org/10.15574/SP.2016.79.88
5. Flynn JT, Kaelber DC, Baker-Smi CM et al. (2017). Clinical Practice Guideline for Screening and Management of High Blood Pressure in Children and Adolescents. Pediatrics. 140(3): 20171904.
6. Mozaffarian D, Benjamin EJ, Go AS et al. (2016). Writing Group Members; American Heart Association Statistics Committee; Stroke Subcommittee. Executive summary: heart disease and stroke statistics-2016 update: a report from e American Heart Association. Circulation. 133(4): 447–454.
7. Whelton PK, Carey RM, Aronow WS et al. (2017). ACC/AHA/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/AGS/AphA /ASH/ASPC/NMA/PCNA Guideline for the Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Management of High Blood Pressure in Adults. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29133354.